Is the economy going to keep you from Sporting Events?

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
For me? Absolutely! This was the first year in a long time that I didn't go to at least 1 Bears game. Cheapest tickets are $80 face, so if you go to a game that $160 (don't want to go alone) + plus Beer ($6 a beer x 6-8 beers = $36-48) + food ($20 average) + tailgate cash (I have a few buddies who are season ticket holders, they always bring beer and food to grill and I usually toss them $10) + Transportation ($10 gas) + Parking ($20) = So in the end that's $268. Don't have that type of cash to blow on 1 day anymore.

Note I think alot of my buddies are doing the same, since this was also the first year in a long time I didn't get free tickets!

I also do not want to hear about any professional teams crying about loses or revenue. They pay the player mass amounts of money, then kill the fans with prices of tickets, food, beer, parking etc.

Last edited:
It kept me from going to Phils games in the second half of the season, but we'll be doing better after June, so I plan on making up for it by hitting about 10 games this year.

I always bring beer and drink before I go in. I'll maybe have one in the stadium just because you have to have a beer while you're watching the game. We try to go to Hatfield Dollar Dog Nights as much as possible too, so we can fill our stomachs for cheap.

Forum List

Back