Is the death penalty wrong?

Is the death penalty wrong?

• I don't support any type of punishment for criminals

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
deaddude said:
"There are many things that I would die for, none for which I would kill."
Ghandi.
Ghandi believed that insipid BS right up to one second before he was murdered by Godse.

"It is impossible for words to describe what is necessary to those who do not know what horror means."
Col. Kurtz, Apocalypse Now

I can see how zapping the life out of someone would be cathartic, but murder is murder and we no longer live under "an eye for an eye." That said, I think being cellmate Bubba's bitch for the next 40 years is worse punishment than death!
Scott Peterson will get what's coming to him whether we speed up the process or not.

clumzgirl said:
I can see how zapping the life out of someone would be cathartic, but murder is murder and we no longer live under "an eye for an eye." That said, I think being cellmate Bubba's bitch for the next 40 years is worse punishment than death!
Scott Peterson will get what's coming to him whether we speed up the process or not.

The problem is Death Row folks get their own cell and are put in a different part of the prison.

im all in favor of the death penalty! anyone here ever worked in a prison? let me tell you what, they get treated <b>alot</b> better than the average person on the street.
and prison mean you get taken out of society, away fromthe things you love/ like to do. like college, crafts etc. and why are there weight rooms there? so joe prisoner can go in at 115lbs and come out 275lbs and more pissed off than ever?

electric chairs, bullshit! we need electric bleachers

I trust that those of you who voted that the death penalty is wrong in ALL cases are also in agreement that abortion is wrong, since it's a form of non-consentual death?

Shattered said:
I trust that those of you who voted that the death penalty is wrong in ALL cases are also in agreement that abortion is wrong, since it's a form of non-consentual death?

You would think so, but i'd wager most support abortion.

Bonnie said:
You would think so, but i'd wager most support abortion.

I'm asking because I just found out that you can see who voted for which option, and one in particular is pro-abortion.. ;)

Shattered said:

You would be 100% correct in my case. :D

Shattered said:

Of course as I posted earlier my reasoning, it isn't because I don't think they should be harshly punished I just think that death is a little to light of a punishment.

Abortion should only be available for self defense. Since the death penalty doesn't defend anyone I'm against it.

gop_jeff said:
How does abortion fall into the self defense category??? :confused:

I think he may mean when the health of the mother is at stake, at least that's how I took it, I could be wrong?

Johnney,

Rape and Incest combined make up less than 1% of all abortions performed. Are you saying that abortion should be illegal in all but this 1% of cases?

Gem said:
Johnney,

Rape and Incest combined make up less than 1% of all abortions performed. Are you saying that abortion should be illegal in all but this 1% of cases?
no i dont think it should be illegal at all. that was in reference to DD's post, it wasnt clear so i was offering those as my interpretation

deaddude said:
Abortion should only be available for self defense. Since the death penalty doesn't defend anyone I'm against it.

I disagree. The death penalty defends society. And for those who would say that no deterrent value can be proven, I submit that until people sentenced to die in 2005 are dead by 2006, the deterrent value of the death penalty cannot be accurately assessed. Like Freeandfun1, I believe that punishment that is anything but swift and sure does a disservice to all concerned.

Gem said:
Johnney,

If he's not, I am. And even in the case of rape, I'm inclined to make it tough, if not illegal.

gop_jeff said:
If he's not, I am. And even in the case of rape, I'm inclined to make it tough, if not illegal.
it shouldnt be illegal. now why inthe world should anyone tell anyone what they can and cant do with their bodies? specially when it comes to incest or rape? nothing like a baby for a reminder of being raped.

Johnney said:
it shouldnt be illegal. now why inthe world should anyone tell anyone what they can and cant do with their bodies? specially when it comes to incest or rape? nothing like a baby for a reminder of being raped.

What did the baby do? Are we making a victim of the most innocent person involved in such a horrific crime?

Your question about what they can or can't do with their body doesn't cover the fact that they are taking away the choice of the baby to live.

Yes, it is a horrible act and then to be reminded by conceiving at the same time is also terrible, but to compound the act by killing the most innocent is not a way to make what happened right.

Forum List

Back