Said1

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2004
Somewhere in Ontario
It's a long one, but a good one.

December 04, 2004

Stoned to death... why Europe is starting to lose its faith in Islam

By Charles Bremner

Islamic fundamentalism is causing a 'clash of civilisations' between liberal democracies and Muslims

DAYS before she was due to be married, Ghofrane Haddaoui, 23, refused the advances of a teenage boy and paid with her life. Lured to waste ground near her home in Marseilles, the Tunisian-born Frenchwoman was stoned to death, her skull smashed by rocks hurled by at least two young men, according to police.

Although the circumstances of the murder are not clear, the horrific “lapidation” of the young Muslim stoked a French belief that the country can no longer tolerate the excesses of an alien culture in its midst.

A few days ago, pop celebrities joined 2,000 people in a march through Marseilles denouncing violence against women, particularly in the immigrant-dominated housing estates. The protest against Islamic “obscurantism” and the “fundamentalism that imprisons women” was led by a group of Muslim women who call themselves Ni Putes ni Soumises (Neither Whores nor Submissive).

The movement, which emerged three years ago to defend Muslim women, is spawning similar groups across Europe, supported by a mainstream opinion that has recently abandoned political correctness and wants to halt the inroads of Islam.

From Norway to Sicily, governments, politicians and the media are laying aside their doctrines of diversity and insisting that “Islamism”, as the French call the fundamentalist form that pervades the housing estates, is incompatible with Europe’s liberal values.

More

Thank GOD! This is the best thing I've read in a while. Thanks said1!, you rock!

rtwngAvngr said:
Thank GOD! This is the best thing I've read in a while. Thanks said1!, you rock!

It is a good article isn't it. I was surprised to see so many countries had taken such radical measures in monitoring activities within Muslim communities. It sounds like "Islamophobia" has finally hit Europe.

Said1 said:
It is a good article isn't it. I was surprised to see so many countries had taken such radical measures in monitoring activities within Muslim communities. It sounds like "Islamophobia" has finally hit Europe.

There have been many people sick of the Islamic abuses. However they have NOT been allowed to do anything about it since their are many anti hate laws on the books that Muslims have been using in their favor. Remember Nazism is still heavy on their minds. However Islam can only go so far before others rights get infringed upon and people these days seem to have less tolerance, in forfeiting their rights, than in the days of Hitler.

Patriot said:
There have been many people sick of the Islamic abuses. However they have NOT been allowed to do anything about it since their are many anti hate laws on the books that Muslims have been using in their favor. Remember Nazism is still heavy on their minds. However Islam can only go so far before others rights get infringed upon and people these days seem to have less tolerance, in forfeiting their rights, than in the days of Hitler.

On second thought I should have said "I'm surprised there are so many Euro countries admitting there might be a problem, and are also admitting they have been taking radical measures to monitor the activities of Muslims in their countries".

Said1 said:
On second thought I should have said "I'm surprised there are so many Euro countries admitting there might be a problem, and are also admitting they have been taking radical measures to monitor the activities of Muslims in their countries".

Don't hold you breath waiting for OUR media to start reporting it.

Forum List

Back