Is the Bern not typical of most wealth haters?

I don't think Israel ever tried to reach maximum output at that time, let alone Argentina. We're a completely different animal.
...until we're not.
When we recognize that we're no longer on the gold standard and that we don't have to tax to spend... Hell, MMT advocates want us to deficit spend until we reach the highest output viewed as possible, and if inflation ever becomes a danger, that's where taxes come in. Taxes are used right now to create a demand for the dollar, lower aggregate demand when needed, control inflation if the problem ever escalates, etc..

Jeez, where did you learn that idiocy? That's seriously some of the dumbest stuff it's ever been my misfortune to read.
Notice how you fail to show the fault in what I've said.

That's because you haven't said anything that makes any kind of sense. You can't disprove something that simply doesn't exist, and your Taxes are the only thing that gives money value" is quite literally the dumbest thing I've ever read on the internet. Which is saying something.

Taxes don't create any demand for the dollar....they literally cannot. I'm not sure what moron told you that complete and utter idiocy, but you should realize they don't have the IQ of a paramecium. But what am I saying, you seem to believe it, so you lack the intelligence to understand how wrong that is.

Please never breed, the gene pool is shallow enough as is.

This entire concept of "earning" isn't relevant to the reality of the economy. Put your bias aside and realize the reality: Your tax dollars aren't going to someone using SNAP, the government simply creates dollars out of thin air. Your tax dollars go nowhere.
Not true, your entire view of the economy is wrong. The government doesn't need federal tax revenue to fund. The government has been fabricating from thin air for decades, I have yet to see the "great collapse."

You fool. How much does a pound of bacon cost? Does it cost more because it's harder to produce? No it is not. It is easier to produce, and more efficiently produced.

It costs more because the value of the dollar has been reduced. It takes more of them to pay for that pound of bacon, which generally isn't a pound anymore, it's 12 oz. The 5lb bag of sugar? 4lb.

It's been happening right in front of your eyes, but because it's been a slow, steady progression you haven't even noticed. Except of course when large amounts of fabricated cash are injected into the system. Then you see the little things become a bit bigger. If you're paying attention, and it's obvious you haven't been.
No, it's hardly been happening. Not on the macro.
That is because inflation is hidden using various accounting tricks, like not calculating in fuel and food costs and 'balancing' price increase by increase in quality, like computers being able to do more calculations.

Fuel and food are included in the inflation calculations, and you have to adjust for quality or you're not measuring the same thing. If a can of tuna is 5 oz and costs $1 and then the next month the can is only 4.5 oz but it still costs a dollar, do you really want to say there's been no price change? It went from 20 cents/ounce to 22 cents/ounce. that's a price increase.
Same thing the other way...if a $20,000 car has an optional V-6 engine for an extra $1,2000 and the next year the V-6 is standard but the price of the car is now $22,000, some of that price change is not because of inflation, but because the car has a better and more expensive engine. So we have to separate that out.

Anyone that has to put food on the table knows that we are seeing inflation.
No one is saying there isn't any inflation for anything. But what inflation are you seeing at the gas pump? What inflation are you seeing at the electronics store? If you could buy the exact same television you bought 5 years ago today, would it cost the same, or more, or less? You know it would cost less.
So on AVERAGE, prices haven't been going up very much....total of 21.4% from the 2005 average to the 2015 average.

We don't buy a TV every day, we don't buy gas every day.
Of course not. Goods are weighted by proportion of total spending. A change in food price has a much larger effect than anything except shelter.

Probably is, you're looking at the government inflation index, which is designed to mislead you to believe one thing. When reality is something else.
No, it's not. And non-government methods, such as MIT's Billion Prices Project, track very closely with government indexes.

When debating wealth haters, it's always been my contention that they are wealth haters because they've never made a personal investment in their lives. They hate the money the wealthy have less than they hate the perseverance in their personalities that gave them such financial success.

And of course, many on the left who were never even successful working a full-time job feel the same way. They often blame the rich for their demise instead of themselves. These people believe we live in a bubble, and within our bubble, there is only so much money. Therefore, when one has too much, it's the reason others have too little.

That brings us to Bern baby Bern. As it turns out, he never had a steady paycheck until the age of 40, and it was government paychecks at that. While he is totally open about his upbringing in poverty, it seems he never tested private market to try and get a piece of that pie for himself.

Bernie Sanders, The Bum Who Wants Your Money
I think that you and your ilk imagine the people at the top as having some kind of super powers which they obviously don't. If you'd ever been in a position within the corporatocracy in which you've created many of the wealth generating innovations that have propelled it forward, you'd almost certainly see it differently.

Sorry short bus, but I have better things to do with my life than to spend hours combing through topics and pages to give you names.

In other words you just make shit up and pretend its the truth.

But I knew that. However it is funny when you admit you just make shit up.

All those liberals hate rich people you say. But you can't find ANY posts showing liberals hating rich people.

You are full of bullshit dude.

Sorry short bus, but I have better things to do with my life than to spend hours combing through topics and pages to give you names.

In other words you just make shit up and pretend its the truth.

But I knew that. However it is funny when you admit you just make shit up.

All those liberals hate rich people you say. But you can't find ANY posts showing liberals hating rich people.

You are full of bullshit dude.

And you are full of welfare. Go out and find a job or something.

I think he's more concerned with giving unestablished people a chance.

Yes he is, and at what cost, the established people?
Funny how a little help goes a long way. But your kind wouldn't understand.

No, it's your kind that doesn't understand.

We've spent trillions of dollars on the war on poverty, yet have little to show for it.

Give a man a fish, and he eats for the day, and he will be back at your door looking for more fish tomorrow.
We have a lot to show for it. You refuse to see it. You will never wipe out poverty. It's ongoing.

What do we have for the trillions lost from the Bush Tax cuts?

What do we have for the trillions lost from Iraq?

What do we have for the trillions lost from the deregulated economy?

What do we have from the trillions lost for moving millions of jobs to China?

What do we have from the trillions lost from tens of thousands of factory closings?

Yet, you think it's a waste helping Americans?

This is called total and creepy assholery.

I think he's more concerned with giving unestablished people a chance.

Yes he is, and at what cost, the established people?
Funny how a little help goes a long way. But your kind wouldn't understand.

No, it's your kind that doesn't understand.

We've spent trillions of dollars on the war on poverty, yet have little to show for it.

Give a man a fish, and he eats for the day, and he will be back at your door looking for more fish tomorrow.
We have a lot to show for it. You refuse to see it. You will never wipe out poverty. It's ongoing.

What do we have for the trillions lost from the Bush Tax cuts?

What do we have for the trillions lost from Iraq?

What do we have for the trillions lost from the deregulated economy?

What do we have from the trillions lost for moving millions of jobs to China?

What do we have from the trillions lost from tens of thousands of factory closings?

Yet, you think it's a waste helping Americans?

This is called total and creepy assholery.

Others of us call it fact:

Fifty years and $20 trillion later, LBJ's goal to help the poor become self-supporting has failed.
By
ROBERT RECTOR
Jan. 7, 2014 6:36 p.m. ET

Robert Rector: How the War on Poverty Was Lost

Forum List

Back