Is Slavery The Biggest Event In The History Of Blacks?

Its no matter how many were brought over to amerika or who sold or bought them.Its the treatment they are still sustaining as Black Americans to this day.After they were freed they had to endure lynchings,rapes,beatings because of the color of their skin of which they had no control of. How about the treatment of the men who fought for this damn country throughout all the wars amerika has started.Lynching men in their uniforms is not a feeling of gratitude toward their love of country. The white men deserve all that they are getting.

No matter what the number of slaves that were brought to America was, the number of Negros that were brought to America have a far greater standard of life then those that were left behind.

The couple of million slaves who died en route to the Americas might disagree.

The fact that many black Americans have a great life in 2013, does not justify the fact that their ancestors were kidnapped in 1448.
Not one black has ever wanted to returned to Africa.

That is - of course - not true, nor relevant to the matter of bearing in mind the legacy of slavery in this nation.

So having kidnapped and enslaved TWENTY MILLION people, you want someone to thank you for having stopped?
TWENTY MILLION?

You made that number up!

Nope. It's the estimate from 'The Slave Trade' by Hugh Thomas - including all black slaves purchased by slave traders. Of those, around 12 million crossed the Atlantic.

The Portguese alone shipped 3.85 million people, largely to Brazil.

Only a fraction made their way here.

If you're going to quote facts, then quote them accurately.

Wow,

I didn't know that whites were the only ones to practice slavery....

I do know we did everything to bring freedom and end the practice.

There is no "we" relating to this subject. Just like I nor any living black person was a slave, no living white person fought in the war over states rights.

Secondly, the war was fought to preserve the Union, freeing the slaves was not the central reason for the war being fought.

You might find further enlightenment in the link below that references a well written book on the subject.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Why-They-Fought-Reason-ebook/dp/B003YL4KQ2]Amazon.com: Why They Fought: The Real Reason for the Civil War (Kindle Single) eBook: David Von Drehle: Kindle Store[/ame]

TWENTY MILLION?

You made that number up!

Nope. It's the estimate from 'The Slave Trade' by Hugh Thomas - including all black slaves purchased by slave traders. Of those, around 12 million crossed the Atlantic.

The Portguese alone shipped 3.85 million people, largely to Brazil.

Only a fraction made their way here.

If you're going to quote facts, then quote them accurately.

Try reading my comment again...note words like "BRAZIL".

The only thing Blacks disliked about slavery was that they had to work.

Is slavery the biggest event in the history of blacks?

Is that why they are always dwelling on it?
Slavery is not an event. It is a form of involuntary servitude that been going on for at least 5,000 years. Obviously the freeing the slaves is the most important event for blacks in America.

At least when there was slavery blacks were 100% employed.

Is slavery the biggest event in the history of blacks?

Is that why they are always dwelling on it?

Uh, no.....that would be the elevation of a black man from neighborhood organizer to the most powerful man on Earth.
Slavery never when away....it's just "changed its' spots", and now includes a whole bunch of white folks.:lol:

Its easy to see why so much of this boards white trash brigade would like to see slavery returned.

These people really do need somebody to feel superior to.

Its easy to see why so much of this boards white trash brigade would like to see slavery returned...

Has anyone - even the craziest racists here - said they would like to see that? Can you link to that?

Its easy to see why so much of this boards white trash brigade would like to see slavery returned...

Has anyone - even the craziest racists here - said they would like to see that? Can you link to that?

Ask and you shall receive:

* #192 (permalink) * * *
08-04-2013, 02:47 PM

Two Thumbs
Member #25186
Thanked 6,597 Times in 4,591 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote: Originally Posted by Ernie S.
Quote: Originally Posted by Kooshdakhaa
Quote: Originally Posted by jtpr312
Jamestown Va. Circa 1619. I would have turned back the first boatload of 20 or so Africans that where brought here to be sold into slavery and made the Southerners pick their own damn cotton. Whole lot better, more prosperous and safer nation if we could go back and find a way to keep the negroes out.
Hey, you people who give Zona a hard time. Do you see this? Do you understand that there are people who think like THIS?

So when people say that blacks should shut up about the slavery and the lynchings and the discrimination because the blacks of today never experienced any of that...

I SAY BULLSHIT!

Because there are people like THIS everywhere, and especially apparent on this board. And black people of today know that. I cannot even begin to imagine the concept of someone HATING me just because I am white. But black people, even black people today, know what that's like.
So, you're saying slavery was a good thing?
Looking at it from a liberal point of view

yes it was

They had cloths that got replaced, medical care, plenty of food, a roof, etc.

All things they wouldn't have had, if they were not taken away.

oh the irony

How do I know?

Only an evil person would cover up multiple murders to get re-elected.

Almost forgot, here is the link to the thread. The resident nut jobs had a field day in this one.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/gener...al-event-what-would-it-be-13.html#post7641226

Last edited:

* #192 (permalink) * * *

Two Thumbs
Member #25186

Jamestown Va. Circa 1619. I would have turned back the first boatload of 20 or so Africans that where brought here to be sold into slavery and made the Southerners pick their own damn cotton. Whole lot better, more prosperous and safer nation if we could go back and find a way to keep the negroes out.
Hey, you people who give Zona a hard time. Do you see this? Do you understand that there are people who think like THIS?

So when people say that blacks should shut up about the slavery and the lynchings and the discrimination because the blacks of today never experienced any of that...

I SAY BULLSHIT!

Because there are people like THIS everywhere, and especially apparent on this board. And black people of today know that. I cannot even begin to imagine the concept of someone HATING me just because I am white. But black people, even black people today, know what that's like.

yes it was

oh the irony

How do I know?

Almost forgot, here is the link to the thread. The resident nut jobs had a field day in this one.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/gener...al-event-what-would-it-be-13.html#post7641226

Where was the part where anyone called for a return to slavery?

* #192 (permalink) * * *

Two Thumbs
Member #25186

I SAY BULLSHIT!

yes it was

oh the irony

How do I know?

Disgusting. Should be punishable by death.

Forum List

Back