Is Slavery The Biggest Event In The History Of Blacks?

So having kidnapped and enslaved TWENTY MILLION people, you want someone to thank you for having stopped?
TWENTY MILLION?

You made that number up!

Nope. It's the estimate from 'The Slave Trade' by Hugh Thomas - including all black slaves purchased by slave traders. Of those, around 12 million crossed the Atlantic.

The Portguese alone shipped 3.85 million people, largely to Brazil.

So having kidnapped and enslaved TWENTY MILLION people, you want someone to thank you for having stopped?
TWENTY MILLION?

You made that number up!

Nope. It's the estimate from 'The Slave Trade' by Hugh Thomas - including all black slaves purchased by slave traders. Of those, around 12 million crossed the Atlantic.

Link?

TWENTY MILLION?

You made that number up!

Link?

Thanks, Tank, you have just demonstrated exactly why Americans need to talk more about slavery.

The lowest number for the total loss through the transatlantic slave trade could be about 20 million people. Higher figures have been suggested, but to date there is no conclusive evidence to support such estimates.

How many people were taken from Africa? | The Atlantic crossing | From Africa to America | Slavery Routes | Bristol and Transatlantic Slavery | PortCities Bristol

Wow,

I didn't know that whites were the only ones to practice slavery....

I do know we did everything to bring freedom and end the practice.

I would guess that you actually know extremely little about slavery.

btw. No one said that white people were the only people involved in slavery - but just like Germans were not the only people to kill Jews, that hardly justifies it.

Thanks, Tank, you have just demonstrated exactly why Americans need to talk more about slavery.
Yeah, like we haven't talked about it enough already.

And yet posters here like Tank and Matthew aren't even aware of the basic facts.

That suggests to me that more effort is required to ensure all high school students do know something about the history.

Yeah, like we haven't talked about it enough already.

And yet posters here like Tank and Matthew aren't even aware of the basic facts.

That suggests to me that more effort is required to ensure all high school students do know something about the history.
And of course, you know everything about it, right?

Also, why is he blaming the kidnapping part on white people? Africans did the kidnapping and selling, not whites.

And here is another one!

Actually, whites WERE directly involved in kidnapping, raping, murdering and enslaving African people, particularly around Sierra Leone.

Further east, they largely used middle men, who were usually black.

The lowest number for the total loss through the transatlantic slave trade could be about 20 million people. Higher figures have been suggested, but to date there is no conclusive evidence to support such estimates.

How many people were taken from Africa? | The Atlantic crossing | From Africa to America | Slavery Routes | Bristol and Transatlantic Slavery | PortCities Bristol
No matter what the number of slaves that were brought to America was, the number of Negros that were brought to America have a far greater standard of life then those that were left behind.

No matter what the number of slaves that were brought to America was, the number of Negros that were brought to America have a far greater standard of life then those that were left behind.

The couple of million slaves who died en route to the Americas might disagree.

The fact that many black Americans have a great life in 2013, does not justify the fact that their ancestors were kidnapped in 1448.

At least we freed them and tried our best to better our own nation...Nothing to feel bad about.

Actually, white people kidnapped slaves for 400 years before it was abolished.

In contrast, fascism lasted around 20 years, and communism perhaps 75 years.

I don't think you need personally "feel bad" about slavery, but I think you should be aware of the facts,and recognise that terrible, terrible acts were perpetrated in the name of Christianity and 'civilisation'.

This idiot has his head 200 years in the past BEFORE The white man banned the goddamn practice. I am highly anti-slavery and believe that everyone should be treated equally.

The couple of million slaves who died en route to the Americas might disagree.

The fact that many black Americans have a great life in 2013, does not justify the fact that their ancestors were kidnapped in 1448.
Not one black has ever wanted to returned to Africa.

The truth about me...
1. I am anti-slavery and hate the practice.
2. I am pro-treating everyone equally. This is why I hate AA and seeing blacks getting to do something whites can't without being trash for it.

I believe if you do a crime you should be treated the same way be you black or white.

A hate crime shouldn't matter on race...The fact that you want it to be shows who's the real racist.

Last edited:
Not one black has ever wanted to returned to Africa.

Jesus wept....

Beginning in 1820, the region was colonized by blacks from the United States, most of whom were freed slaves. These immigrants established a new country with the help of the American Colonization Society, a private organization which believed that former slaves would have greater freedom and equality in Africa. African captives freed from slave ships were also sent there instead of being repatriated to their countries of origin. In 1847, this new country became the Republic of Liberia, establishing a government modeled on that of the United States and naming its capital city Monrovia after James Monroe, the fifth president of the United States and a prominent supporter of the colonization. The colonists, known as Americo-Liberians, led the political, social, cultural and economic sectors of the country and ruled the nation for over a 130 years as a Dominant minority.

Liberia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Forum List

Back