Is Slavery a Race Realtions/Racism Issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

haveatit

May 21, 2022
From what I have heard all my life, that blacks were once slaves here in the U.S. is the #1 gripe blacks have against Whites. I have started two threads on the matter of slavery in this section. It is probably against some other rule to say what happened to them. So, what do you think. Is the topic slavery something that should be allowed in this section?

From what I have heard all my life, that blacks were once slaves here in the U.S. is the #1 gripe blacks have against Whites. I have started two threads on the matter of slavery in this section. It is probably against some other rule to say what happened to them. So, what do you think. Is the topic slavery something that should be allowed in this section?
There is no slavery in the USA.

• Banned
No. Slavery is not a race-related issue. It has occurred to every race on the planet throughout history.

Black people have no specific claim to it.

So what I have been hearing all my life is wrong? I don't think so.

• Banned
Then you are a fool. The Barbary Slave Trade, Ancient Egypt and the Roman Empire come to mind as prime historical examples of slavery happening to whites and other multiple ethnicities.

I live in the U.S. Which has some blacks in it. I have often heard those blacks bring up slavery in the U.S. People like IM2 like to talk about blacks these days receiving reparations for their ancestors having been slaves. Slavery in the old South has also been either the main topic or one of the main topics in many books and movies.

I live in the U.S. Which has some blacks in it. I have often heard those blacks bring up slavery in the U.S. People like IM2 like to talk about blacks these days receiving reparations for their ancestors having been slaves. Slavery in the old South has also been either the main topic or one of the main topics in many books and movies.

I have a feeling I'm being strung along here, or that I'm arguing with a 12 year old.

Regardless, slavery in America's past is not the entire history of slavery. Slavery is/was a human phenomenon.

In America it was a race issue and it's not the #1 gripe we have with racists who are white.

People like IM2 say that the issue is more than slavery.

Slavery in the U.S. never went away. It just goes by different names now. One of those names are called "rules" at forums. But as far as one person owing another, the Civil War was fought to end that practice.
Rules in forums is not slavery.

No. Slavery is not a race-related issue. It has occurred to every race on the planet throughout history.

Black people have no specific claim to it.
We have a claim with the U.S. government.

I have a feeling I'm being strung along here, or that I'm arguing with a 12 year old.

Regardless, slavery in America's past is not the entire history of slavery. Slavery is/was a human phenomenon.

Can you possibly get any farther from the point of my thread? The point of it is that many (if not most) blacks like to bring up the fact that they were once slaves in this country. They use it as one of the examples of how Whity "mistreats" them.

In America it was a race issue and it's not the #1 gripe we have with racists who are white.

If a black is going to talk about how the White man keeps them down, slavery is going to be the #1 example they start out with. After all, isn't that where it all started?

Can you possibly get any farther from the point of my thread? The point of it is that many (if not most) blacks like to bring up the fact that they were once slaves in this country. They use it as one of the examples of how Whity "mistreats" them.
It is an example of what the government did.

If a black is going to talk about how the White man keeps them down, slavery is going to be the #1 example they start out with. After all, isn't that where it all started?
I'm black and the fact is that shit continued after slavery and whites like you exist now and are the problem.

Rules in forums is not slavery.

It is a form of it. If you aren't allowed to say what you think, that is even worse than slavery. Because with slavery, you know that you are owned. But if people aren't allowed to speak the truth, nobody will know the truth. In that way, they will be slaves without even being aware of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back