Is Rubio (R-teaparty) wrong?

The point of the tea party was always to defeat the commie Obama agenda, all that other stuff was just BS.

you obviously know nothing of what you talk about.

Sooooo, where are they today? Settling for Romney because he is electable (not). The TP may have at some point been pure but they sold out to the lobbyists for some national recognition and adopted a corporatist platform without protest. Same old republicans voting for the same old republicans as widely predicted.

He is free to endorse whomever he chooses. Why would anyone have a problem with that?
he is one of the prominent tea party candidates so his opinion carries outside of his state.
Wtf? Rubio (R-Teaparty)???

When did the Tea Party become official? I like Rubio, but there is no Tea Party "party".

he was elected, in large part, from tea party endorsement wasn't he? He didn't run as a republican but as an anti repub- establishment (biz as usual) tea partier.

Correct and now he has compromised his principles and sold out to the establishment. I guess that's fine as long as the establishment is in power but people have long memories and this will come back to haunt him.

The tea party movement started out decentralized as was intended. The movement was co-opted by establishment republicans in order to maintain the status quo. Worked pretty well too. The media help expediate the process. The factions of the Tea Party today goes to shows how easily the paradigm will swallow up a movement.

He is free to endorse whomever he chooses. Why would anyone have a problem with that?
he is one of the prominent tea party candidates so his opinion carries outside of his state.
Wtf? Rubio (R-Teaparty)???

When did the Tea Party become official? I like Rubio, but there is no Tea Party "party".

he was elected, in large part, from tea party endorsement wasn't he? He didn't run as a republican but as an anti repub- establishment (biz as usual) tea partier.

Correct and now he has compromised his principles and sold out to the establishment. I guess that's fine as long as the establishment is in power but people have long memories and this will come back to haunt him.

People have long memories? When did that happen. it seems people forget shit from the decade to decade. I've had to argue and prove more times than I'd like where and when the Tea Party movement began. it wasn't on a MSM TV network rant in 2009 either.

The point of the tea party was always to defeat the commie Obama agenda, all that other stuff was just BS.

Sooooo, where are they today? Settling for Romney because he is electable (not). The TP may have at some point been pure but they sold out to the lobbyists for some national recognition and adopted a corporatist platform without protest. Same old republicans voting for the same old republicans as widely predicted.

they will vote for the candidate that most resembles their ideology.

Are yoiu telling me that if an "occupy" person votes for Obama, they are hypocrties? Afterall, he takes plenty of money from Wall streeters.....

Jeez...you are so hell bent on criticizing those that think differently than you, you seem to completely ignore the fact that you are criticizing even those that think similar to you.

That makes you pathetic in my eyes.

I'm beginning to wonder this too. One of the most prominent tea partiers in the land endorsing a moderate, wall st connected, establishment Repub.

I'm beginning to wonder this too. One of the most prominent tea partiers in the land endorsing a moderate, wall st connected, establishment Repub.

So...should they not vote?

If you are hungry and had a craving for meat....but all that was available to eat was fruit......would you prefer to go hungry?

Seems you and occupied are thinking way too deep into this...and it makes me laugh...becuase your vote was cast for Obama for his SECOND term before he was inaugurated.

Are yoiu telling me that if an "occupy" person votes for Obama, they are hypocrties? Afterall, he takes plenty of money from Wall streeters.....

Jeez...you are so hell bent on criticizing those that think differently than you, you seem to completely ignore the fact that you are criticizing even those that think similar to you.

From what I can tell, the majority of conservatives and tea party members are not planning on voting for someone who most resembles their ideology. They are voting purely to evict Obama. Ideology has nothing to do with it.

People have long memories? When did that happen. it seems people forget shit from the decade to decade. I've had to argue and prove more times than I'd like where and when the Tea Party movement began. it wasn't on a MSM TV network rant in 2009 either.

Rubio (R-tea party) is a freshman elected on the tea party ticket. His next election, if he chooses to run, will be difficult to reconcile unless the tea party was just an astro-turf movement begun inside the GOP.

All I am trying get across is that the TP as we know it was nothing more than a republican operation to win the mid-terms, the people who had other intentions in mind should be pretty mad about that and not be so eager to support the people who co-opted their movement. Also you might want to check where the bulk of Wall Street donations have went this time, last I heard, 92% for Romney so far.

By getting behind the Big Mo's candidacy he is basically telling Santorum & Gingrich to bail.

What say you?

NYT: When slim hopes become GOP problem - politics - The New York Times - msnbc.com
OSHKOSH, Wis. — With big-name Republicans and even many Democrats coming to agree that Mitt Romney is destined to be the Republican nominee, there is just one hitch: Someone forgot to tell Rick Santorum.

If those two weren't completely drunk with ego they wouldn't need Rubio or anyone else to tell them the obvious.

Rubio (R-tea party) is a freshman elected on the tea party ticket. His next election, if he chooses to run, will be difficult to reconcile unless the tea party was just an astro-turf movement begun inside the GOP.

The Tea party movement, as far as I'm concerned, is just rank and file republicans since the co-opting. The real movement beginners left them to it and went back to where it began. These types carry the name of the original movements intent only. Or their votes would fall in line with where it all began in 2007.

By getting behind the Big Mo's candidacy he is basically telling Santorum & Gingrich to bail.

What say you?

NYT: When slim hopes become GOP problem - politics - The New York Times - msnbc.com
OSHKOSH, Wis. — With big-name Republicans and even many Democrats coming to agree that Mitt Romney is destined to be the Republican nominee, there is just one hitch: Someone forgot to tell Rick Santorum.

If those two weren't completely drunk with ego they wouldn't need Rubio or anyone else to tell them the obvious.

Agreed but if they weren't drunk with ego they wouldn't have entered the race to begin with imo

From what I can tell, the majority of conservatives and tea party members are not planning on voting for someone who most resembles their ideology. They are voting purely to evict Obama. Ideology has nothing to do with it.

This is what I thought. He's not voting "for" someone so much as voting "against" another.

i told some people early on that i was gonna just patiently wait and watch to see if the tea party (whose fiscal responsibility message i loved) was really into fiscal responsibility or if it was just another party trick (i'm kinda old and have seen this kind of stuff for far too long) to get their guy back in office. as every day passes, they disappoint me more and more.

This endorsement is indicative of the kind of person he is. Either he sold out or he just hitched a ride to get in. Either way he has no integrity and I think that will follow him into his next election.

i told some people early on that i was gonna just patiently wait and watch to see if the tea party (whose fiscal responsibility message i loved) was really into fiscal responsibility or if it was just another party trick (i'm kinda old and have seen this kind of stuff for far too long) to get their guy back in office. as every day passes, they disappoint me more and more.

That's how it all started with the true conservative in the race right now. It ended when the Koch bros and the media turned it into a shit show to derail the movements momentum adn then they pen pocketed it for political talking points and theatrics.

Forum List

Back