Is Rubio (R-teaparty) wrong?

he is one of the prominent tea party candidates so his opinion carries outside of his state.

he was elected, in large part, from tea party endorsement wasn't he? He didn't run as a republican but as an anti repub- establishment (biz as usual) tea partier.

Correct and now he has compromised his principles and sold out to the establishment. I guess that's fine as long as the establishment is in power but people have long memories and this will come back to haunt him.

People have long memories? When did that happen. it seems people forget shit from the decade to decade. I've had to argue and prove more times than I'd like where and when the Tea Party movement began. it wasn't on a MSM TV network rant in 2009 either.

Well I guess most people don't actually but there are those of us who do and it's our job to remind the rest of them what really happened. Thanks for doing your part! :clap2:

will someone wake me when either party nominates a guy who will address our national debt issue?

As long as there are people and nations lining up lend us money at ridiculously low interest there is no need to take politically damaging action to actually do something about the issue.

will someone wake me when either party nominates a guy who will address our national debt issue?

As long as there are people and nations lining up lend us money at ridiculously low interest there is no need to take politically damaging action to actually do something about the issue.

Is this how you handle your personal finances? As long as you can keep borrowing you can keep spending?

The Tea Party was and is just a diversionary arm of the Republican party.
In the end they will vote for whomever is the Republican candidate.
This is what I have always said.

So...in other words, you agree with the way the GOP saw them and the way they saw themselves...and you disagree with the way the left tried to paint them as.

So do I.

They did not see themselves as just an arm of the republican party.
But then most of them were devout ex Bush supporters and embaressed as hell but unable to admit it to even themselves.

The TP was just a way for the Republicans to go after Obama and have a certain degree of deniability.

The Tea Party was and is just a diversionary arm of the Republican party.
In the end they will vote for whomever is the Republican candidate.
This is what I have always said.

So...in other words, you agree with the way the GOP saw them and the way they saw themselves...and you disagree with the way the left tried to paint them as.

So do I.

They did not see themselves as just an arm of the republican party.
But then most of them were devout ex Bush supporters and embaressed as hell but unable to admit it to even themselves.

The TP was just a way for the Republicans to go after Obama and have a certain degree of deniability.

Maybe that was what it turned into.

But by no means did it start out that way.

Whereas I can not "prove " this...I can most certainly say it is fact....and I can most certainly say you are dead wrong.

Again, I know this as fact. There is nothing you can say or cite that would change it....

really?

You condone actions of a politician that are strictly done to avoid political damage?

Wow....t5hat is sad.

FYI....if the interest rate was ZERO, but I had no idea of how I was going to pay back the money I borrowed, I most certainly would stop borrowing.

The fact that you see a low interest rate as an incentive to keep borrowing is enough for me to better understand your thinking.

This is disheartening. I'm not an Establishment- type myself. Never been registered w/ either party.

Yeah, sure. Except the fed is the one that bought up 61% of T-bills last year. So the "lined up" and waiting demand for such monetized debt isn't really there.

really?

You condone actions of a politician that are strictly done to avoid political damage?

Wow....t5hat is sad.

FYI....if the interest rate was ZERO, but I had no idea of how I was going to pay back the money I borrowed, I most certainly would stop borrowing.

The fact that you see a low interest rate as an incentive to keep borrowing is enough for me to better understand your thinking.

Don't make assumptions about me, I do not approve of the situation but that is how it is, there is an alternative to raising taxes or cutting spending and so it's what they do.

We pay service on the debt first before anything, it's not the immediate crisis many make it out to be, it's why all of them have the luxury to stand on principle and keep their favorite programs off the chopping block or protect their special interests from tax hikes.

We pay service on the debt first before anything, it's not the immediate crisis many make it out to be, it's why all of them have the luxury to stand on principle and keep their favorite programs off the chopping block or protect their special interests from tax hikes.

What happens when the interest exceeds our ability to pay? Print more money?

"Pay service on the debt". You mean interest? Yeah, that's how the debt keeps climbing without a seconds break.

It's not an immediate crisis? Should we wait until the 11th hour when absolutely nothing will fix it to address?

The crisis is far bigger than many make it out to be and believe me, i don't want to see it happen. But WHEN it does, I hope those of you down playing the problem eat a healthy shit sandwich for being stupid.

What happens when the interest exceeds our ability to pay? Print more money?

Raise taxes back up to historical norms.

in the last 5 minutes our national debt increased 4.3 million dollars.

so, since you made your post at 3:34pm today, our national debt probably increased around 77 million dollars.

no country can sustain that kind of debt growth. and if some of us live long enough, we'll get to see the repercussions of being that fiscally irresponsible.

in the last 5 minutes our national debt increased 4.3 million dollars.

so, since you made your post at 3:34pm today, our national debt probably increased around 77 million dollars.

no country can sustain that kind of debt growth. and if some of us live long enough, we'll get to see the repercussions of being that fiscally irresponsible.

You're right. We can't sustain it. Which is why tax rates need to be raised back to historic norms.

Forum List

Back