Is RFKjr going to bolt to the Libertarian Party?

Libertarians are pussies who want to have their cake and eat it and not compete with the grown-ups. If he does go there, he will likely pull an equal amount of such pussies from both parties.
he's not going to pull many from Trump

the dims have a very weak candidate and even everyday dims aren't voting for him so it would benefit Trump for RFK to run

RFKjr initially said no no no my family is legacy Dem and so am I. But after being denied the right to debate and the right to Secret Service protection from Traitor Joe, apparently he is having second thoughts...

In July, Mr. Kennedy met privately with Angela McArdle, the chair of the Libertarian Party, at a conference they were both attending in Memphis — a meeting that has not previously been reported.

“He emphasized that he was committed to running as a Democrat but said that he considered himself very libertarian,” Ms. McArdle said in an interview, adding that they agreed on several positions, including the threat of the “deep state” and the need for populist messaging. “We’re aligned on a lot of issues.”

“My perspective is that we are going to stay in touch in case he does decide to run,” Ms. McArdle said. “And he can contact me at any time if that’s the case.”

In a June interview with the libertarian magazine Reason, Mr. Kennedy acknowledged his ideological disagreements with the party — including on issues like environmental protection, abortion and civil rights — while also saying, “I’ve always been aligned with libertarians on most issues.”

RFKjr, to protect the environment, you need to diagnose what ails it correctly, and your party is 180 degrees the other way, using the Co2 FRAUD to steal money and not help the environment, in fact just the opposite.

Take coral, for example. Do your homework. Something like 95% of Earth coral is fine. 5% near where humans live is damaged. The Co2 FRAUD was squirting bleach into coral to blame "warming" that does not exist. THAT is what you support if you support the Co2 FRAUD.

He would probably be the best nominee they ever had. Probably guaranteed to get 12% of the vote, not bad for a Libertarian.

He would probably be the best nominee they ever had. Probably guaranteed to get 12% of the vote, not bad for a Libertarian.

If it is Trump and Biden again, and Vivek bolts too, so the Libertarian ticket would be Vivek/RFKjr, wow...

RFKjr historically has not been very libertarian, but things change, and RFKjr changed as he learned how his daddy was murdered and how Sirhan was framed for it. RFKjr quickly came out and said Maui was not Global Warming.

Biden
Trump
Vivek/RFKjr

those are the three choices on the ballot. Libertarian ticket wins.

Libertarians are pussies who want to have their cake and eat it and not compete with the grown-ups. If he does go there, he will likely pull an equal amount of such pussies from both parties.
Or they don't want to keep voting for more debt and more war in an endless cycle.

RFK is obviously not a libertarian, so hopefully the party would reject him soundly. I don't have a lot of faith in the party given their track record so it wouldn't surprise me in the least.

And yet still they would enjoy winning an election.
Yes, the Libertarian Party wants to win elections, but the point is to win the election as a libertarian. Who cares if the Libertarian Party gets a bunch of votes or wins an election if the candidate is nothing more than a Democrat or Republican reject? What good is that?

The problem with the Libertarian Party, at least prior to the Mises Caucus takeover, is that they had the same mindset you're putting forward here: The only thing that matters is electoral success and not what the candidate believes or how they would actually govern. Some of us feel, however, that if the Libertarian Party is just going to be a third party identical to Republicans and Democrats then there's no point to the Libertarian Party at all.

If it is Trump and Biden again, and Vivek bolts too, so the Libertarian ticket would be Vivek/RFKjr, wow...

RFKjr historically has not been very libertarian, but things change, and RFKjr changed as he learned how his daddy was murdered and how Sirhan was framed for it. RFKjr quickly came out and said Maui was not Global Warming.

Be careful what you wish for... RFK might attract more right wing loons than left wing ones.

The libertarian party isn't really libertarian at all. They're just anti federalist. They hate the federal government, And would be glad to feel abolished, But they will often Overlook and even defend it when state governments interfere in people's lives in ways that they Condemn the federal government for.

The libertarian party isn't really libertarian at all. They're just anti federalist. They hate the federal government, And would be glad to feel abolished, But they will often Overlook and even defend it when state governments interfere in people's lives in ways that they Condemn the federal government for.
I’m not sure how you’re using these terms. Libertarians hate all governments, or at the very least regard them with suspicion at all times. The Anti-Federalists opposed the adoption of the U.S. Constitution, but did not necessarily oppose a federal government. They simply preferred the federal government as it was under the Articles of Confederation. For too long the Libertarian Party has not been in the business of libertarianism but in running “mainstream” candidates to get as many votes as possible, I’d say, but I don’t understand what you’re saying.

I’m not sure how you’re using these terms. Libertarians hate all governments, or at the very least regard them with suspicion at all times. The Anti-Federalists opposed the adoption of the U.S. Constitution, but did not necessarily oppose a federal government. They simply preferred the federal government as it was under the Articles of Confederation. For too long the Libertarian Party has not been in the business of libertarianism but in running “mainstream” candidates to get as many votes as possible, I’d say, but I don’t understand what you’re saying.
The whole point of libertarianism is limited government. Not limited federal government. Limited government. If you only care about the federal government being limited, but don't care about people's rights being violated by states, Then you are not a libertarian.

The whole point of libertarianism is limited government. Not limited federal government. Limited government. If you only care about the federal government being limited, but don't care about people's rights being violated by states, Then you are not a libertarian.
I wouldn't say that's the "whole" point of libertarianism. Some libertarians believe in no government, for example. Some libertarians support federalism, and they might believe that evils done by state governments are preferable to evils done by the federal government because the risk of giving more power to the federal government is a greater evil still even though they recognize the evil of state governments, obviously.

The Libertarian Party has many factions, or caucuses, with different opinions on various things. What we might call "establishment Libertarians" had been in charge until a few years ago when the Mises Caucus, much more in line with my own views at least on paper, took over control of the party. So hopefully we won't see another Bob Barr or Gary Johnson-esque presidential campaign in 2024, but that remains to be seen.

I wouldn't say that's the "whole" point of libertarianism. Some libertarians believe in no government, for example. Some libertarians support federalism, and they might believe that evils done by state governments are preferable to evils done by the federal government because the risk of giving more power to the federal government is a greater evil still even though they recognize the evil of state governments, obviously.

The Libertarian Party has many factions, or caucuses, with different opinions on various things. What we might call "establishment Libertarians" had been in charge until a few years ago when the Mises Caucus, much more in line with my own views at least on paper, took over control of the party. So hopefully we won't see another Bob Barr or Gary Johnson-esque presidential campaign in 2024, but that remains to be seen.
I would argue that someone who believes in no government is not a libertarian but an anarchist.

I would Define libertarianism As the idea that the government must be restricted to regulating things that effect society as a whole And to protect the rights of individual persons who do not or cannot consent to being affected by the choice of others.
In other words, you do not have the right to make a choice that affects any other person if that person does not consent to being affected or cannot consent to being affected. And it is the role of government to Regulate your choices if they have any effect on any one or anything except you.

Forum List

Back