Is racism worse now than in 2008?

What metrics are you using?

Do you are more people are racist now? Or that the same people are more racist now?

He's creating a sub-population of people that were not racists and still aren't, but now have a bias against blacks that wasn't there before his reign.

What do you base that claim on?

I see no evidence that Obama has caused anyone to be "biased" against Blacks.

Have you read threads on this board? We are fed up with the actions this administration has gone through in favor of Michael Brown, Trayvon Martin, Gates, opening the Office of African American Education, ignoring problems all poor people have with education...just open your eyes.

So you're speaking for yourself - Obama has made you become biased against Blacks.

I'm going to bet that you were "biased" long before Obama came around.

Not at all. In my position I worked with with people of color all the time and had great rapport with them. I had a great deal of respect for them.. I was a teacher and the parents and I worked together for the children. Many of my colleagues were of color and Hispanic. My best friend is mixed.

And then Obama came along and made you racist?

Do you are more people are racist now? Or that the same people are more racist now?

He's creating a sub-population of people that were not racists and still aren't, but now have a bias against blacks that wasn't there before his reign.

My hunch is that public schools today are more segregated than they were the day that Obama took office. Whites have voted with their housing choices and schooling choices. My hunch is also that proportion of kids in private/charter schools today is greater than in 2008. I'm curious about the data, so I'll hunt around and see if my hunches are correct.

How does this get laid at Obama's feet? He was elected to heal/fix these problems and he didn't, they became worse under his watch. Was there anything he could do? No, not directly with the problem of a sick society, but he's actually made things worse that they would otherwise be and so that's entirely on him.

Have you read threads on this board? We are fed up with the actions this administration has gone through in favor of Michael Brown, Trayvon Martin, Gates, opening the Office of African American Education, ignoring problems all poor people have with education...just open your eyes.

So you're speaking for yourself - Obama has made you become biased against Blacks.

Not at all. In my position I worked with with people of color all the time and had great rapport with them. I had a great deal of respect for them.. I was a teacher and the parents and I worked together for the children. Many of my colleagues were of color and Hispanic. My best friend is mixed.

Wow! You have black friends!

You aren't racist....but now you have a bias against "blacks".....thanks to Obama.

Got it.

Of course. None of the USMB conservatives who have expressed such strong feeling against black people felt any such animosity before 2009. They were all delighted to see that a black man was going to be our President. They were all hopeful that the last vestiges of racism and discrimination were going to be eliminated.

If only Obama got on a stage and told America that he had had enough of the lazy, shiftless nature of the black community. If only he demanded that young black men pull there pants up, turn off the rap music and throw away the gold teeth. If only he declared that all young black women needed to keep their legs closed and stop whoring around.....making babies with strangers. If he did that, he'd have really started to heal the racial divide.

Actually no. I was hoping he would give a message of "giving people a chance". Stop judging people before you get to know them. "Be cordial to those you don't know and apply the Golden Rule. The person you give a smile to may become your next best friend!"

Of course. None of the USMB conservatives who have expressed such strong feeling against black people felt any such animosity before 2009. They were all delighted to see that a black man was going to be our President. They were all hopeful that the last vestiges of racism and discrimination were going to be eliminated.

If only Obama got on a stage and told America that he had had enough of the lazy, shiftless nature of the black community. If only he demanded that young black men pull there pants up, turn off the rap music and throw away the gold teeth. If only he declared that all young black women needed to keep their legs closed and stop whoring around.....making babies with strangers. If he did that, he'd have really started to heal the racial divide.

He actually said something to that effect, though couched in soft and supportive terms. Fat lot of good it did too.

Actually no. I was hoping he would give a message of "giving people a chance". Stop judging people before you get to know them. "Be cordial to those you don't know and apply the Golden Rule. The person you give a smile to may become your next best friend!"

Yep! We are in opposite-backward land.

Racism is always the same. obama's hi-jinks seem to have driven more than a few 'out of the closet' as it were.

Economically things are far far worse for Blacks since the "Obama Team" took over yet they still vote for him. I ponder what this means but no doubt diminished pride, racism and free handouts are involved.

Then Obasma came and we found that Trayvon Martin "could have been his son!" What in the hell is the president doing commenting on shooting case? (BTW< I thought Zimmerman was guilty) He did it again on the Gate's case! When it was none of his business that a man became upset when the police were called about a man breaking in to a house. Then before he learns any specifics of the case, he shames the white police officer!

And here we go again. Call out the Attorney General! A black boy was shot by a white police officer! No details, but the AG is on his way! Civil Rights Violation! Three WH people attend the funeral. Anyone visit the police officer to assure him his civil rights will be secured?

No civil rights violation against the Black Panthers in Philly against voting, now was there ? No. Doesn't work white/black. Oh, Gotcha.

In the USA, since Obama has been president, felonies are just nuisances when a black is involved.

Then Obasma came and we found that Trayvon Martin "could have been his son!" What in the hell is the president doing commenting on shooting case? (BTW< I thought Zimmerman was guilty) He did it again on the Gate's case! When it was none of his business that a man became upset when the police were called about a man breaking in to a house. Then before he learns any specifics of the case, he shames the white police officer!

And here we go again. Call out the Attorney General! A black boy was shot by a white police officer! No details, but the AG is on his way! Civil Rights Violation! Three WH people attend the funeral. Anyone visit the police officer to assure him his civil rights will be secured?

No civil rights violation against the Black Panthers in Philly against voting, now was there ? No. Doesn't work white/black. Oh, Gotcha.

In the USA, since Obama has been president, felonies are just nuisances when a black is involved.

I could only give you one LIKE for that post, so I'll Quote For Truth here and count this as a second LIKE.

Wow! You have black friends!

You aren't racist....but now you have a bias against "blacks".....thanks to Obama.

Got it.

I could only give you one LIKE for that post, so I'll Quote For Truth here and count this as a second LIKE.

Thank you! It just seems as though it is pretty one sided since Obama has been president. No equality here.

Forum List

Back