Is our economy better regulated by liberty or by government?

EdwardBaiamonte

Platinum Member
Nov 23, 2011
Common sense says liberty since liberty works through millions of shoppers each day while govt works through a handful of distant bureaucrats each day.

It should be liberty and was intended to be that way, but the feds have done a lot of manipulating and it has hurt tremendously. The government fucks things up, then turns around and claims they are the solution.

In true capitalism, those businesses who fail to deliver on promises will likely go bankrupt. This administration, more than previous ones, like to pick winners and losers. We all lose that way. With the auto bail outs and all the other 'too big to fail' companies, the cronies were saved. Some dealerships were closed even though they were doing fine and others were saved even though they were doing lousy. It was government deciding who should survive or not instead of letting people's pocket books declare the winners and losers.

Common sense says liberty since liberty works through millions of shoppers each day while govt works through a handful of distant bureaucrats each day.

No sir.

As a card carrying sanderista I want government bureaucrats to regulate the economy. If he wants my vote he must steal, loot and plunder in order to

1- feed me
2- insure me
3- educate me
4- quench my thirst
5- invade any country on the face of mother earth

Well if we let the private corporations regulate,

1) the working class suffers
2) wages go down
3) safety of workers is an afterthought
4) depression here we come

No sir.

As a card carrying sanderista I want government bureaucrats to regulate the economy. If he wants my vote he must steal, loot and plunder in order to

1- feed me
2- insure me
3- educate me
4- quench my thirst
5- invade any country on the face of mother earth
No shit tickets also?

How well did Liberty work in Oregon with their water wars?

Under Oregon law, all water is publicly owned. With some exceptions, cities, farmers, factory owners and other users must obtain a permit or water right from the Water Resources Department to use water from any source— whether it is underground, or from lakes or streams. Landowners with water flowing past, through, or under their property do not automatically have the right to use that water without a permit from the Department.--http://Water Resources Department Water Law

Aren't liberty and regulation contradictions in terms?

Does Ed have a phobia of using the word Lazare Faire ?
Since he is trying to use the word freedom.......the same system which help produce the Great Depression, The 1920 Recession, Panic of 1893, oh hell there is so many go here to see the long list
List of recessions in the United States - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

And, since we went off that system there have been only two major recessions and no depressions..No panics either.

Forum List

Back