Is Obama to blame DOW Meltdown?

My boy will be a senior in high school when Obama is voted out. None too soon. Four lost years on his savings though.

My boy will be a senior in high school when Obama is voted out. None too soon. Four lost years on his savings though.

I can appreciate that. We have all our retirement money invested too and, now that we are starting to depend on it, we really cringe when it takes hits like it is taking today. And frankly, if the leftists retain control of Congress and the White House next November, I think we're all going to be screwed.

But I remain the eternal optimist that the American people are smarter than the 'experts' think they are.

If a 4% drop in the Dow is a meltdown, then what do you call the 53% drop that started under Bush in 2008?

Bush's meltdown doesn't change the fact that if you attribute the stock market to obama when it goes up you have to attribute it to him when it goes down if you want to be consistant and not a hypocrite....and vise-versa.
Of course. My comment was directed at using the word meltdown to describe a percentage drop that we have seen dozens of times over the last 4 years. Exaggeration is a blood relation to falsehood.

I can appreciate that. We have all our retirement money invested too and, now that we are starting to depend on it, we really cringe when it takes hits like it is taking today. And frankly, if the leftists retain control of Congress and the White House next November, I think we're all going to be screwed.

But I remain the eternal optimist that the American people are smarter than the 'experts' think they are.
The stock market gains over the last 80 years have been much better under Democrats than Republicans, about 6 times better. During the Bush years, the markets as measured by the Dow loss 28%. Since the market bottom just after Obama took office, the stock market is up 81%.

Who is Better For the Stock Market: Republicans or Democrats? - Seeking Alpha
Dow Jones Industrial Average Index ($INDU) - Stock chart, Index chart - MSN Money

I think we are seeing a real disconnect between the US stock market and the US economy. Today 50% of the profits from the S&P 500 stocks comes from abroad. As long as the US economy can muddle along with meager gains, stocks can generate decent returns.

Last edited:
If a 4% drop in the Dow is a meltdown, then what do you call the 53% drop that started under Bush in 2008?

Bush's meltdown doesn't change the fact that if you attribute the stock market to obama when it goes up you have to attribute it to him when it goes down if you want to be consistant and not a hypocrite....and vise-versa.
Of course. My comment was directed at using the word meltdown to describe a percentage drop that we have seen dozens of times over the last 4 years. Exaggeration is a blood relation to falsehood.

I get that. It wasn't a meltdown...tough day but not a meltdown.

Like you said it has been more volitile than it has been historically in recent times.

No, the president has little to do with the ups and downs of the market.

True he has more influence on it than most of us do due to his control of the economic policies of this country, but truly the market fluctuations have more to do with the principles of investing than the President.

Immie

Democrats were in power since 2006. Not lame duck president Bush.

Democrats won in 2006. The Democrats took control of the country in January 2007 & massively increased government debt, spending & regulations. They destroyed our economy, markets & jobs.

fredgraph.png

When the market goes down the reason is everything other then Obama...
When the market goes up it's all because of Obama and the left get mad that the President didn't get the credit for it.Oh and anyone who doesn't praise the President is racist.

MF Global bankruptsy did help tank the markets yesterday & today.

Obama's pal Jon Corzine is chairman and CEO of MF Global Inc., former Democrat Governor of New Jersey, former Democrat Senator of New Jersey & former head of Wallstreet Giant Goldman Sachs.

Jon Corzine was using his connection to Obama & government insider knowledge of regulation changes to fleece us citizens out of our hard earned cash.

Jon Corzine says he will "take advantage of...regulation changes"

Corzine's White House bond looks unlikely
In August, just over two months before his firm was forced to declare its bankruptcy yesterday, MF Global boss Jon Corzine, a former Democrat governor and senator from New Jersey, made an ambitious bet. If he made the switch from Wall Street to the White House before 2013, then he would pay his bondholders a sweetener.

Jon Corzine stole all the money & funneled it to Obama. Jon Corzine will never see the inside of a jail cell. Obama & Eric holder will make sure of that, because Jon Corzine is Obama's big fundraiser.

New Topics

Forum List

Back