Is Obama really a Christian?

Jarhead, if you're the OP of this thread...you're off your rockers.

You are completely out of order for this one.

1. Religious test should NOT required

2. He says he is.

3. Presidents before weren't acting any more or less Christian than he is.

4. It doesn't MATTER.

Its a non-issue...and you know it.

Don't even try to play the sullen-role and say "aww gee shucks, I blame mahsulf fo' no 'ticulatin' muh argumunts betta."

Please.

:rolleyes:

As I have said several times in this thread...I dont give a crap what religion he is. It is a non factor to me and I believe the reason for the poll to begin with was the questioners were trying to see how much people know of this President....so I chimed in to discuss how I do not know Obama and explained why and then explained why I think he says and does what he does.

It is known as offering ones opinion.

Your diversion and blaming me for feeling and/or saying something I did not speaks volumes to experienced debaters. Your criticism of my admitting that I was not getting my point across is also very telling.
So please....have fun tossing in your "rolling eyes" icons. I have no interest in your reindeer games.

I can comfortably and honestly say that Obama is THE MOST transparent President we've had thus far.

This is is fact.

Yes, he is a transparent liar. He can try to hide his lies but I see right through them. ;)

funny you say that. I have found that he uses his gift of gab to say one thing, and if there is a backlash of what he says, he is able to show how he meant it another way.

I have found during the campaign and since then, when he does not want to answer a question, he says (or his spokesman says) something along the lines of:

"People can continually ask me that all day and my answer will not change"....when, in fact, he never answered it.

I recall late in the campaign when Megan Kelly of Fox asked Bill Burton a question.

The dialogue (paraphrased):

Burton: We can keep on answering that question, but the answer will not change.
Kelly: But you have not answered the question
Burton: Yes I did, you just did not like the answer
Kelly: But thats just it, you did not answer it. You answered it by saying that people keep on asking the question.
Burton: And that is becuase they did not like the answer
Kelly: No. They keep on asking it becuase you wont answer it.
Burton: We wont answer it becuase that is not what the people are interested in hearing. They want to hear about the economy and the two wars we are fighting.
Kelly: Our listeners want to hear an answer. I have emails asking for an answer.
Burton: As I said, I can answer that question all day long and my answer wont change.

In the end, he never answered the question.

Then, today Gretchen Carlson interviewed Gibbs and asked:

"Will Pres. Obama give some credit to GWB for the surge in this evening speech?

Gibbs: I already answered that question
Carlson: I have not even askled that question yet, Will he?
Gibbs: You have asked me 4 times already and my answer hasnt changed.
Carlson: I did not ask that question once until now. But will he?
Gibbs: You did ansk me four times and now 5 times
Carlosn: OK. And your answer was?
Gibbs: The same asnwer as the other 4 times.
Carlson: And that was?
Gibbs: ...started talking about how the men and women in uniform deserve to be recognized for their bravery.

That is transparency?

funny you say that. I have found that he uses his gift of gab to say one thing, and if there is a backlash of what he says, he is able to show how he meant it another way.

I have found during the campaign and since then, when he does not want to answer a question, he says (or his spokesman says) something along the lines of:

"People can continually ask me that all day and my answer will not change"....when, in fact, he never answered it.

I've seen that trick pulled in a lot of previous administrations, and a lot of campaigns.

Though in full disclosure, in my classes there comes a point I stop answering a repeated question. Question asked, answer given, time to move on.

I feel that he probably has every right to take that response on the Birther issue as that was settled a long time back and going into it at this point is futile.

Do you know the difference between the borg (with all its variations) and America?

Science Fiction and Fantasy. How appropriate.

What I'm getting a kick out of is that its a reference to Star Trek, which is a Liberal dream world. For a Conservative, Star Trek should be just the most laughable thing possible.

Not to mention, he missed entirely the point of the Borg episodes.

I've seen that trick pulled in a lot of previous administrations, and a lot of campaigns.

Though in full disclosure, in my classes there comes a point I stop answering a repeated question. Question asked, answer given, time to move on.

I feel that he probably has every right to take that response on the Birther issue as that was settled a long time back and going into it at this point is futile.

The question had nothing to do with the birther issue back during the campaign.
The question today was about his spoeech tonight.

BUt in your classes, if a styudent asked a question that had not been asked yet, would you say "I already answered that 4 times"?

I saw the interview this morning. Carlson had not yet asked the question. It was her first time asking.

BUt in your classes, if a styudent asked a question that had not been asked yet, would you say "I already answered that 4 times"?

I'll give you an example to illustrate something. Pre-Calc course. Using the Point slope version of the line I come up with y-3=2(x+1), and then arrive at y=2x+5. Student askes how I got that, and the first time I explain the algebra steps: distribution, solve for y.

This goes on.

By the fourth time someone asks how I go from y-a=m(x-b) to y=mx+c I have to tell them that I've answered this question already. They don't understand their question is essentially the same question I've answered 3 times previously and that its moving attention away from what's important (equations of lines) to something they should already know on their own (basic algebra).

I do agree that sometimes Obama has ducked an issue using this trick, as have many other politicians. But I also think that some of the stuff being harped on and harped on has been answered. Its time to move on. The real trick is recognizing when a question is legitimately "new", and when a question is essentially "old" and has been answered.

I'll give you an example to illustrate something. Pre-Calc course. Using the Point slope version of the line I come up with y-3=2(x+1), and then arrive at y=2x+5. Student askes how I got that, and the first time I explain the algebra steps: distribution, solve for y.

This goes on.

By the fourth time someone asks how I go from y-a=m(x-b) to y=mx+c I have to tell them that I've answered this question already. They don't understand their question is essentially the same question I've answered 3 times previously and that its moving attention away from what's important (equations of lines) to something they should already know on their own (basic algebra).

I do agree that sometimes Obama has ducked an issue using this trick, as have many other politicians. But I also think that some of the stuff being harped on and harped on has been answered. Its time to move on. The real trick is recognizing when a question is legitimately "new", and when a question is essentially "old" and has been answered.

Well, then...all I can say:

For every epsilon greater than zero there exists a delta greater than zero such that the absolute value of f(x)........got a 4/4 on AP calc back in 1976.....The theory of limits is what helped me to understand the importance of applying logic to much of what I do in life.

Sadly, the 4/4 put me in a position at Syracuse where they would not allow me to take any math course below a graduate level calc course as a freshman. Imagine a skinny little kid in class with a bunch of adults...afraid to ask a question...heck...it was hard enough to transition to being at coillege....but in a classroom with 24 year old men with beards?
Dropped it after a week and never went back to math.

This goes on.

For every epsilon greater than zero there exists a delta greater than zero such that the absolute value of f(x)........got a 4/4 on AP calc back in 1976.....The theory of limits is what helped me to understand the importance of applying logic to much of what I do in life.

Sadly, the 4/4 put me in a position at Syracuse where they would not allow me to take any math course below a graduate level calc course as a freshman. Imagine a skinny little kid in class with a bunch of adults...afraid to ask a question...heck...it was hard enough to transition to being at coillege....but in a classroom with 24 year old men with beards?

Sorry to hear that. Its not often you meet other folks that learned Calc using the formal definition of a limit. I had to bug my high school teacher to explain to me what that strange looking definition was in Stewart's Calculus.

I went with what I know to illustrate the point. What I was trying to get across is that two questions may initially sound different, but are actually asking the same thing. Its ok to ask the question asker to do some work if you've gone over it multiple times.

This goes on.

Sorry to hear that. Its not often you meet other folks that learned Calc using the formal definition of a limit. I had to bug my high school teacher to explain to me what that strange looking definition was in Stewart's Calculus.

I went with what I know to illustrate the point. What I was trying to get across is that two questions may initially sound different, but are actually asking the same thing. Its ok to ask the question asker to do some work if you've gone over it multiple times.

I certainly understand and agree with the point you are making.

However, I have found with this administration (not saying that it was not the same with any other) that it is not an issue of answering the same question asked in different ways...it is an issue of getting an actual answer and/or a consistant one.

I find the Obama team as one that finds ways to avoid answering questions but at the expense of the credibility of the questioner and that bothers me.

For example, this morning Gibbs ridiculed Carlson...actually snapped at her when, in fact, I replayed the entire interview (love that built in DVR with Optimum) and sure enough, she had not asked that question once before.
Yet he kept on saying that she asked it four times already and he would not answer it again...and he accused her of "politicing" and implying she had an agenda as the reason she refused to accept his original answer the first four times

And the question was not one that was misconstrued. It was a basic "yes or no" question...

But hey, such is politics. Not happy with either party and certainly not happy with their attitude that they (the politicians) are smarter than we are.

I can comfortably and honestly say that Obama is THE MOST transparent President we've had thus far.

This is is fact.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvSkeJbQy74&feature=youtube_gdata_player]YouTube - Speaker Nancy Pelosi: We Have To Pass The Health Care Bill So You Can Find Out What's In It[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhFd9eAVg78&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

Last edited:
I've heard before that mulims can lie and we all know that commies do....in order to achieve their goals....is Obama's claim to be a Christian a lie?

Christians do NOT believe in collective salvation......however, it appears that Obama believes in collective salvation....Obama claims that his salvation depends on your "sacrifice" in the "new age":

YouTube - Obama Collective Salvation

HE WOULD MOST LIKELY BE A SATANIST /ILLUMINATI LIKE THE REST OF THEM
WORSHIPING THIS GUY.. DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLU8P_z9MC8&feature=related]YouTube - The Mystery Of Molech II - The Bohemian Grove[/ame]

Did you know that it is law that proof of citizenship MUST be presented to the employer by the employee prior to first day of work?

And did you know that the Certificate of Live Birth that was released by Hawaii certainly qualifies as legal proof of citizenship?

How about a link to what you are saying here. How is a certificate, that any 4th grader could create in Adobe Illustrator(and done better than the idiot that produced Obama's) proof of anything? Hell, I might go into business producing them for the millions of illegals in this country, might as well make some money off of the jerks.

Only God can look into Obama's heart and mind to KNOW whether or not he is a Christian.

We can see only the outward actions -- the behaviors -- that are based on his ideas and his perceptions of the universal human condition.

The New Testament, which is the foundation of Christianity -- NOT the Old Testament, which is completed and no longer relevant to humanity, which ends in the birth and death of the Lamb of Atonement and Purification, the Christ -- the NEW Testament which begins with the Resurrection and Ascension of the Christ and will remain authoritative until the Enthronement of the Christ --

the New Testament speaks of TWO types of Christians.

The one type, which is sadly rare and hard to find, seeks the Face of God, centers on one and only one thing, walking in imitation of Christ to find the TRUTH, the whole TRUTH, and NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH, to become able to look upon the Face of God and survive so that he or she PERSONALLY may walk with God in the Garden to be instructed by HIM IN PERSON, one on one.

That type serves humanity only as a by-product of an intense need for a PERSONAL one-on-one relationship, friendship with God. Fixed on finding the TRUTH which is God and God WHO IS TRUTH, that one person is led by God to stumble over another ONE PERSON who is hurting -- and, as a by-product of the need for friendship with God, instinctively serves as a funnel, a channel for GOD to help that hurting person -- GOD gives the help, GOD uses the believer to relieve the hurting other, GOD'S GRACE and GOD'S DELIVERANCE -- not born out of the Christian him or herself, not coming from the PERSONAL energy of the believer who is ONLY A CHANNEL and NEVER the source and NEVER the end result.

Then there are carnal believers, the majority unfortunately, still locked into worldly perceptions, worldly habits, worldly needs and ambitions -- INCLUDING THE NEED TO BE LOVED AS A DO_GOODER -- this CARNAL believer seeks SELF-glorification in condemning and stomping hell out of OTHERS for sins they do not do themselves -- and IGNORE THE GREATER SIN of pride and lust for honor and self-glorification as "more perfect than you" self-righteous HYPOCRITES who do more harm and cause more destruction to their fellow human beings than does an admittedly hate-filled and nasty killer like Charles Manson.

Usama bin Laden is a perfect example of such a SELF RIGHTEOUS HYPOCRITE driven by the need for SELF glorification as a "more perfect being" than all the nasty "sinners" he loves to condemn and seeks to destroy because they refuse to bow down to bin Laden and MAKE BIN LADEN their god. Phelps is exactly the SAME kind of self-glorifying self-deifying HYPOCRITE who destroys hurting souls for the sake of his OWN PERSONAL EGOTISM, his own psychotic NEED to be "better than you." So also is that koran-burning self-centered nutjob Jones. So is that mosque-building self-centered EGO FREAK imam and his "council" of self-righteous HYPOCRITES, running around selling themselves the myth of their own moral superiority over others.

I see that same behavior in Obama -- a worldliness -- and egotistical NEED to be superior to others, a desperate self-glorification as "holier than thou" HYPOCRISY that marks WORLDLY people living according to their own damaged self-images.

I do NOT see the humility and the desperate need to FIND THE TRUTH that can set us free FROM OURSELVES by reducing our SELF delusions one tiny myth of self-deception at a time, inch by tiny inch crawling through the muck and gunk of OUR OWN HEARTS AND MINDS to find some tiny bit of truth buried in the muck that lets us see one tiny bit more of the GLORY WHICH IS GOD ALONE.

I cannot condemn him -- hell, I'm probably even more self-deluded than that poor sucker is. Maybe.

ONLY GOD can see into my own heart and mind to know for sure -- and I HAVE NO CHOICE but to depend on HIM to clean out the muck and the mush and GIVE ME what I cannot earn, cannot find on my own, that tiny bit of golden truth, a single GRAIN OF TRUTH that will eventually combine with other bits of truth to let me FINALLY look upon the Face of God and survive and MAYBE maybe maybe maybe PLEASE DEAR GOD, let me see a flicker of a smile in HIS EYES.

But I cannot trust a man like Obama. I CANNOT FOLLOW HIS LEAD. I cannot follow ANY man's lead -- because ALL men are just as dumb and blind and ignorant as I am. And I cannot CONDEMN others, either, because I'm just as dumb and blind and ignorant as they are.

And just as guilty.

I just wish Obama KNEW himself as guilty as the rest of us are. I wish bin Laden could know that too. Because, until you KNOW you don't know, you cannot even start looking to find what it is you don't know -- and you're trapped in your OWN IGNORANCE because of YOUR OWN PRIDE in who you really ARE NOT after all.

Is Obama a Christian? Could be. I'm not God, so I CANNOT KNOW. He doesn't act like one -- and doesn't appear to have much truth to teach others -- and I'm NOT ABOUT TO engage in Hero Worship of other human beings -- more than I can help anyway -- been there, done that, got myself stomped hard doing it, too -- and that's not a delusional self-injury I'm in a hurry to repeat, thank you very much.

But HE DOES NOT TEACH CHRISTIAN DOCTRINES that ARE THE WISDOM AND UNDERSTANDING I crave. He points only to worldly do-gooderism which is the wood, hay, and stubble burned up when confronted with the true Perfect Righteousness of the Christ WHO IS GOD. False gold -- worthless -- doing as much injury to others as it tries to do good. I WILL NOT follow the lead of such a man.

The Apostle Paul said it best about himself:

"now we see in a mirror darkly" -- we have only brief little glimmers of the TRUTH now and again and those glimmers can be so easily lost in the rest of the darkness that pervades our own minds -- "and then we shall see clearly" -- only after we are delivered physically from this world will we KNOW the TRUTH without the dark mists of self-delusions.

And, most importantly, "that which I want to do" -- the good which I want to do for others and for myself, but mostly for God --"I do NOT DO, and that which I do NOT WANT to do" -- the harm I so wish I could prevent -- "I do" -- despite all the good intentions in the world, we do HARM to others and DO NOT DO the good which we wish we could. Good intentions CAUSE DAMAGE -- UNINTENDED CONSEQUENCES we are too blind, too ignorant, too self-deceived to even recognize, much less prevent.

Is Obama a Christian? ONLY GOD KNOWS

But what I see is arrogance, blindness, self-serving EGOTISM, an inability and UNWILLINGNESS to acknowledge his own flawed humanity, and an EGO DRIVEN NEED to be the Shining Knight of Perfect HEROISM riding to destroy Evil Dragons which exist only in his own self-delusionalism. And no desire to seek TRUTH at all, just a desire to see those delusions FORCED upon others for his own sake, not for theirs.

• Thanks
Reactions: mal
who gives a shit if he's a Christian? He's a scumbag no matter where he does or doesn't go to church.

Only God can look into Obama's heart and mind to KNOW whether or not he is a Christian.

We can see only the outward actions -- the behaviors -- that are based on his ideas and his perceptions of the universal human condition.

The New Testament, which is the foundation of Christianity -- NOT the Old Testament, which is completed and no longer relevant to humanity, which ends in the birth and death of the Lamb of Atonement and Purification, the Christ -- the NEW Testament which begins with the Resurrection and Ascension of the Christ and will remain authoritative until the Enthronement of the Christ --

the New Testament speaks of TWO types of Christians.

The one type, which is sadly rare and hard to find, seeks the Face of God, centers on one and only one thing, walking in imitation of Christ to find the TRUTH, the whole TRUTH, and NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH, to become able to look upon the Face of God and survive so that he or she PERSONALLY may walk with God in the Garden to be instructed by HIM IN PERSON, one on one.

That type serves humanity only as a by-product of an intense need for a PERSONAL one-on-one relationship, friendship with God. Fixed on finding the TRUTH which is God and God WHO IS TRUTH, that one person is led by God to stumble over another ONE PERSON who is hurting -- and, as a by-product of the need for friendship with God, instinctively serves as a funnel, a channel for GOD to help that hurting person -- GOD gives the help, GOD uses the believer to relieve the hurting other, GOD'S GRACE and GOD'S DELIVERANCE -- not born out of the Christian him or herself, not coming from the PERSONAL energy of the believer who is ONLY A CHANNEL and NEVER the source and NEVER the end result.

Then there are carnal believers, the majority unfortunately, still locked into worldly perceptions, worldly habits, worldly needs and ambitions -- INCLUDING THE NEED TO BE LOVED AS A DO_GOODER -- this CARNAL believer seeks SELF-glorification in condemning and stomping hell out of OTHERS for sins they do not do themselves -- and IGNORE THE GREATER SIN of pride and lust for honor and self-glorification as "more perfect than you" self-righteous HYPOCRITES who do more harm and cause more destruction to their fellow human beings than does an admittedly hate-filled and nasty killer like Charles Manson.

Usama bin Laden is a perfect example of such a SELF RIGHTEOUS HYPOCRITE driven by the need for SELF glorification as a "more perfect being" than all the nasty "sinners" he loves to condemn and seeks to destroy because they refuse to bow down to bin Laden and MAKE BIN LADEN their god. Phelps is exactly the SAME kind of self-glorifying self-deifying HYPOCRITE who destroys hurting souls for the sake of his OWN PERSONAL EGOTISM, his own psychotic NEED to be "better than you." So also is that koran-burning self-centered nutjob Jones. So is that mosque-building self-centered EGO FREAK imam and his "council" of self-righteous HYPOCRITES, running around selling themselves the myth of their own moral superiority over others.

I see that same behavior in Obama -- a worldliness -- and egotistical NEED to be superior to others, a desperate self-glorification as "holier than thou" HYPOCRISY that marks WORLDLY people living according to their own damaged self-images.

I do NOT see the humility and the desperate need to FIND THE TRUTH that can set us free FROM OURSELVES by reducing our SELF delusions one tiny myth of self-deception at a time, inch by tiny inch crawling through the muck and gunk of OUR OWN HEARTS AND MINDS to find some tiny bit of truth buried in the muck that lets us see one tiny bit more of the GLORY WHICH IS GOD ALONE.

I cannot condemn him -- hell, I'm probably even more self-deluded than that poor sucker is. Maybe.

ONLY GOD can see into my own heart and mind to know for sure -- and I HAVE NO CHOICE but to depend on HIM to clean out the muck and the mush and GIVE ME what I cannot earn, cannot find on my own, that tiny bit of golden truth, a single GRAIN OF TRUTH that will eventually combine with other bits of truth to let me FINALLY look upon the Face of God and survive and MAYBE maybe maybe maybe PLEASE DEAR GOD, let me see a flicker of a smile in HIS EYES.

But I cannot trust a man like Obama. I CANNOT FOLLOW HIS LEAD. I cannot follow ANY man's lead -- because ALL men are just as dumb and blind and ignorant as I am. And I cannot CONDEMN others, either, because I'm just as dumb and blind and ignorant as they are.

And just as guilty.

I just wish Obama KNEW himself as guilty as the rest of us are. I wish bin Laden could know that too. Because, until you KNOW you don't know, you cannot even start looking to find what it is you don't know -- and you're trapped in your OWN IGNORANCE because of YOUR OWN PRIDE in who you really ARE NOT after all.

Is Obama a Christian? Could be. I'm not God, so I CANNOT KNOW. He doesn't act like one -- and doesn't appear to have much truth to teach others -- and I'm NOT ABOUT TO engage in Hero Worship of other human beings -- more than I can help anyway -- been there, done that, got myself stomped hard doing it, too -- and that's not a delusional self-injury I'm in a hurry to repeat, thank you very much.

But HE DOES NOT TEACH CHRISTIAN DOCTRINES that ARE THE WISDOM AND UNDERSTANDING I crave. He points only to worldly do-gooderism which is the wood, hay, and stubble burned up when confronted with the true Perfect Righteousness of the Christ WHO IS GOD. False gold -- worthless -- doing as much injury to others as it tries to do good. I WILL NOT follow the lead of such a man.

The Apostle Paul said it best about himself:

"now we see in a mirror darkly" -- we have only brief little glimmers of the TRUTH now and again and those glimmers can be so easily lost in the rest of the darkness that pervades our own minds -- "and then we shall see clearly" -- only after we are delivered physically from this world will we KNOW the TRUTH without the dark mists of self-delusions.

And, most importantly, "that which I want to do" -- the good which I want to do for others and for myself, but mostly for God --"I do NOT DO, and that which I do NOT WANT to do" -- the harm I so wish I could prevent -- "I do" -- despite all the good intentions in the world, we do HARM to others and DO NOT DO the good which we wish we could. Good intentions CAUSE DAMAGE -- UNINTENDED CONSEQUENCES we are too blind, too ignorant, too self-deceived to even recognize, much less prevent.

Is Obama a Christian? ONLY GOD KNOWS

But what I see is arrogance, blindness, self-serving EGOTISM, an inability and UNWILLINGNESS to acknowledge his own flawed humanity, and an EGO DRIVEN NEED to be the Shining Knight of Perfect HEROISM riding to destroy Evil Dragons which exist only in his own self-delusionalism. And no desire to seek TRUTH at all, just a desire to see those delusions FORCED upon others for his own sake, not for theirs.

:clap2:

Except for this part:

Aren't we supposed to judge the fruit?

We are all dumb and blind and ignorant compared to what God knows, but aren't we still supposed to discern from the fruit?

who gives a shit if he's a Christian? He's a scumbag no matter where he does or doesn't go to church.

True dat!

But then, who ISN'T a scumbag in some way or another?

NEVER follow "the leader" -- 'cause sooner or later, he's going to fall flat on his face in a pool of shit and drown -- drown himself and his followers with him.

Forum List

Back