Is Mitt right?

Should insurance companies be allowed to deny coverage for pre-existing conditions

• Total voters
It would be like me having and accident in my car, then buying a policy and demanding they pay for fixing it. I'm sorry you have this disease, but you don't have a right to have it paid for.

So someone who had cancer as a child or someone who has heart disease and lost their job is just shit out of luck

The only answer is cradle to grave health insurance that you can carry your whole life.

False. There are charitable organizations, and people are not always denied coverage as adults simply because they had cancer as a child.

Cradle to Grave Health Insurance might be the answer to affording healthcare, but it is also the anser to the question: "What is the best way to ruin healthcare for everyone and bancrupt the country at the same time?"

No one has a right to healthcare, no one.

It would be like me having and accident in my car, then buying a policy and demanding they pay for fixing it. I'm sorry you have this disease, but you don't have a right to have it paid for.

So someone who had cancer as a child or someone who has heart disease and lost their job is just shit out of luck

The only answer is cradle to grave health insurance that you can carry your whole life.

False. There are charitable organizations, and people are not always denied coverage as adults simply because they had cancer as a child.

Cradle to Grave Health Insurance might be the answer to affording healthcare, but it is also the anser to the question: "What is the best way to ruin healthcare for everyone and bancrupt the country at the same time?"

They're denied coverage for many reasons, and you need to start providing backup for your (truly ludicrous) assertions.

What do you think the chances are he'd change his tune if a loved one was denied.

Zero.

Those videos I posted yesterday - the people HAD health coverage. They were just denied treatment. One of the young ladies said "If I don't get this [product], I will die" and her examiner said "Okay."

Sounds bogus to me. I'm in healthcare so i know something of what I speak.

They're denied coverage for many reasons, and you need to start providing backup for your (truly ludicrous) assertions.

Sorry there General Boop, I don't take orders from you. Especially to get info you've seen and ignored dozens of times in the past.

Yeah.

However, I also know that if a loved one was going to die if she didn't get treatment, there's not a person on this board who would say "Bye honey, I loved you!"

That? Bullshit.

I don't know why you'd presume that. Forcing insurance companies to act irrationally isn't the only way to care for people who fall through the cracks - or even a very good one.

The only answer? I bet even you could think of others if you tried.

Correct. It’s neither appropriate nor ethical to subject healthcare to the ‘free market.’

Correct. It’s neither appropriate nor ethical to subject healthcare to the ‘free market.’

Why? How is it you're seeing freedom as a threat here?

Yeah.

However, I also know that if a loved one was going to die if she didn't get treatment, there's not a person on this board who would say "Bye honey, I loved you!"

That? Bullshit.

You are suffering from the left wing habit of assuming an either/or scenario.

Typical.

Exactly. These discussions are always framed with the nonsensical assumption that anyone who disagrees with a given solution is advocating that we "let 'em die". That's stilted, unimaginative, and frankly insulting. If you're claiming that I want to see people die unnecessarily, simply because I point out that your proposed solution doesn't make sense, well, you can go fuck yourself.

Or you could just tell me what you WOULD do.

Radical, I know.

I'd be happy to. But first I'm going to call bullshit, LOUDLY, on this habit of strawmanning anyone who disagrees with your dumb ideas as a coldhearted jerk. It's not conducive to worthy discussion.

Forcing medical insurance to cover people who have been diagnosed with a terminal disease is like forcing liability companies to insure a burning building.

People are like buildings now?

Hmm..so an abortion is like cancelling a building contract.

Simple business decision..right?

Mitt Romney: Insurance companies should be allowed to deny coverage for pre-existing conditions

Read more: Mitt Romney: Insurance companies should be allowed to deny coverage for pre-existing conditions - NY Daily News

Insurance companies are in business to make money, not to pay claims. Insurance companies are amoral; the GOP policy which puts insurance companies before individual human beings is immoral.

Fair to say. So why would we want amoral companies to be responsible for caring for the poor?

Or you could just tell me what you WOULD do.

Radical, I know.

I'd be happy to. But first I'm going to call bullshit, LOUDLY, on this habit of strawmanning anyone who disagrees with your dumb ideas as a coldhearted jerk. It's not conducive to worthy discussion.

What strawman?

Everyone..and this basically means everyone in the United States, at one point or another will need health care.

What conservatives advocate is that only rich healthy people should have access to it.

Everyone else?

Die..and die quickly.

Mitt Romney: Insurance companies should be allowed to deny coverage for pre-existing conditions

Read more: Mitt Romney: Insurance companies should be allowed to deny coverage for pre-existing conditions - NY Daily News

Insurance companies are in business to make money, not to pay claims. Insurance companies are amoral; the GOP policy which puts insurance companies before individual human beings is immoral.

Fair to say. So why would we want amoral companies to be responsible for caring for the poor?

I wouldn't, therefore, I'm not a Republican.

Forum List

Back