Is Jeb Bush The Only Real Option?

Jeb is one of the few Republicans who will not enter the GOP Clown Car just to pick up a few conservative votes. He avoids the rightwing histrionics, he distances himself from the nutjobs, doesn't engage in extreme rhetoric.....he actually sounds like an adult

Hint: Run as "Jeb" not "Jeb Bush"

They all know their nutcase candidates can't win and Christie is pretty much dead in the water.

Republicans are realizing that Jeb Bush is their only option in 2016 - The Week

Of course there are other options. Saying he's the only way to beat Hillary (who hasn't even won the candidacy for the democrat party yet) is how establishment insiders in the GOP are trying to push him. I actually haven't heard anyone in the republican base (meaning the voters, not the pundits and insiders) say that they want Jeb.

But, it will be fun to watch the GOP, again, throw all of their so called values to the curb just because the establishment said they had no choice.

Democrats will dream up whatever they dream up just to have something to say. They certainly can't sit back and watch while obama continues to fall apart.

Jeb is one of the few Republicans who will not enter the GOP Clown Car just to pick up a few conservative votes. He avoids the rightwing histrionics, he distances himself from the nutjobs, doesn't engage in extreme rhetoric.....he actually sounds like an adult

Its like George W never existed. Republicans are so careful not to mention him and rw's come here to lie about him every day.

Jeb wants amnesty for illegals. How long before the rw's get behind him on that?

They will. You can bet they will.

:badgrin:

They all know their nutcase candidates can't win and Christie is pretty much dead in the water.

Of course there are other options. Saying he's the only way to beat Hillary (who hasn't even won the candidacy for the democrat party yet) is how establishment insiders in the GOP are trying to push him. I actually haven't heard anyone in the republican base (meaning the voters, not the pundits and insiders) say that they want Jeb.

But, it will be fun to watch the GOP, again, throw all of their so called values to the curb just because the establishment said they had no choice.

It will be the same clown show as last time.

The rw's will be all in love with one after another looser and one after another, each looser be disqualified.

And then Hilary will be prez.

:lol:

Jeb Bush signed the Statement of Principles once posted by the PNAC. Even the Neo Conservatives who founded and supported the PNAC felt the need to remove it from the Internet, after the Iraq fiasco. But others saved it and one can find the entire list of war mongers on line.

Were there any Republicans who voted against going to Iraq?

He has a couple of issues that will hurt him. He is not fiscally conservative (would increase federal spending), and would not hesitate to raise taxes. His immigration reform policy is also not very popular amongst many Republicans. All Republicans support some form of immigration reform, but not rewarding those who broke the law. Implement laws to jail employers who knowingly hire illegals, and the immigration issue will take care of itself. Without a source of income, many of the illegals would voluntarily return to their country of origin.

Jeb won't be the nominee. 2014 is going to be really bad for establishment political piggies in both parties, paving the way for real choices in 2016.

You say that, now. If he wins the Republican primaries, you'll immediately flip your tune 360 and tell us what a callous, misanthropic, out-of-touch rich-bitch he is and why he's -WAY- too greedy to be taken seriously as a presidential candidate. I'd put money on it.

It's what typical partisan Dem nutjobs did with John McCain -and- Mitt Romney.

Both those guys, during the primaries, every democrat pundit's on and on about how they're the only reasonable candidate the republicans have to offer, the only moderate candidate, definitely the one republicans should vote for if they're able to dissuade the "extremist fringe" of the party.

Then, once those guys got the nod, it was, "He was a POW and he's old as fuck! Probably crazier than a shithouse rat and probably gon' die half way through his term! We could -never- elect this fuckin guy!"

Or it was, "He's too rich to relate to the common man, he used to be in the business of kicking people out of their jobs, he hates women, gays, blacks, Mexicans, the poor, infants, puppies, rainbows, dolphins, the sick, the old, the young, the healthy."

Both times, I was like, "Wait. If this guy's so fucked up, why did the Democrats insist that the Republicans should give him the nomination -all- through the primaries?"

As a side-note, what the fuck is with all the Bushes and Kennedys in this country? Why do we yearn to elect more people out of the same prominent political familes?

Combine the penchant we've got for political royal families with the fact that partisans on both sides of our political spectrum pine for a "stronger executive branch" every time their party's guy holds the executive office; combine those two things with the celebrity worship in our culture and combine that with the fact that we hand out careers as entertainers to the untalented relatives of superstars (Ozzie's daughter, anyone?), and with each added layer it looks more and more liked our newly self-described democracy yearns, somewhere deep down, for a monarchy.

Most sheep (which means most people) really just want someone to worship.

You say that, now. If he wins the Republican primaries, you'll immediately flip your tune 360 and tell us what a callous, misanthropic, out-of-touch rich-bitch he is and why he's -WAY- too greedy to be taken seriously as a presidential candidate. I'd put money on it.

Both those guys, during the primaries, every democrat pundit's on and on about how they're the only reasonable candidate the republicans have to offer, the only moderate candidate, definitely the one republicans should vote for if they're able to dissuade the "extremist fringe" of the party.

Then, once those guys got the nod, it was, "He was a POW and he's old as fuck! Probably crazier than a shithouse rat and probably gon' die half way through his term! We could -never- elect this fuckin guy!"

Or it was, "He's too rich to relate to the common man, he used to be in the business of kicking people out of their jobs, he hates women, gays, blacks, Mexicans, the poor, infants, puppies, rainbows, dolphins, the sick, the old, the young, the healthy."

Both times, I was like, "Wait. If this guy's so fucked up, why did the Democrats insist that the Republicans should give him the nomination -all- through the primaries?"

I told you John McCain was your only electable option in 2008
I told you Mitt Romney was the only electable option in 2012
Jeb is one of your few options in 2016

Just because they were not elected doesn't mean the candidates from the clown car could have done better

It will be the same clown show as last time.

The rw's will be all in love with one after another looser and one after another, each looser be disqualified.

And then Hilary will be prez.

:lol:
I find myself thinking that Hillary's time has probably come and gone.

We need fresh blood on both sides of the aisle, and Hillary ain't it, for the Dem side.

I told you John McCain was your only electable option in 2008
I told you Mitt Romney was the only electable option in 2012
Jeb is one of your few options in 2016

Just because they were not elected doesn't mean the candidates from the clown car could have done better

What I said had nothing to do with who may or may not have done better.

I'm simply saying that all this, "Jeb Bush actually sounds like an adult" shit is disingenuous. You know good and God damn well that if he gets the nomination, come general election time you'll talk about him like he's just another war mongering money hungry oil stealing Bush with not a positive attribute to speak of.

That's what we saw with McCain.

That's what we saw with Romney.

It also doesn't escape my notice that you dems always do this with whatever repub candidate is most likely to cool the republican base. For the guys campaigning, it's an awesome strategy, I'll give it that.

Jeb Bush signed the Statement of Principles once posted by the PNAC. Even the Neo Conservatives who founded and supported the PNAC felt the need to remove it from the Internet, after the Iraq fiasco. But others saved it and one can find the entire list of war mongers on line.

Only one comes to mind....

Lincoln Davenport Chafee

Only one comes to mind....

Lincoln Davenport Chafee

Obama said day one he would end Iraq, took a couple years and the cut off date Bush set.... But you guys still voted for that war loving POS a second round. Bet you're trilled Obama almost has another war under his belt, this time with Russia.

Forum List

Back