Is It Wrong to Think Homosexuality is a Sin?

What would you think of a man who wore a dress, spent his whole life hanging out with men, never got married or was seen with a woman in "That" way?

What do you think?

If you believe you have a right to believe this, and you are offended, is it OK to voice this?
There is no such thing as sin. Sin is a construct of religion, that is used to keep those under its sway controlled. There is no magical sky genie lurking overhead watching to see what you stick in your butt. The idea alone is a barrel of laughs.
On a side note; when someone invents a religion that is all about freaky unhindered hetero sex; let me know. I'll be all in. Now that would be something to believe in...
In the spirit of freedom and tolerance, was just seeing if there was tolerance for those that choose to believe in a God that requires us to strive to suppress our sins out of love for Him

What do you think?

If you believe you have a right to believe this, and you are offended, is it OK to voice this?

That's between them and God. Absolutely people have the right to voice their opinion, doubly so because it's a religious matter. (See 1st amendment)

I believe in live and let live.

I don't believe in introducing children to homosexuality as being normal, because it isn't.

Even worse to do it before they reach puberty, that's egregiously wrong. Children are not sexual.
Promoting agendas in a public school setting is a no no. If you want your kid to have an agenda pushed on him, send him to a private school.

What do you think?

Homosexuality is found throughout nature. So if you think that god created everything...

And Jesus died on the cross for our sins, so that point is moot.
God holds us higher than other species. Animals don't have souls

What do you think?

There is no such thing as sin. Sin is a construct of religion, that is used to keep those under its sway controlled. There is no magical sky genie lurking overhead watching to see what you stick in your butt. The idea alone is a barrel of laughs.
On a side note; when someone invents a religion that is all about freaky unhindered hetero sex; let me know. I'll be all in. Now that would be something to believe in...
In the spirit of freedom and tolerance, was just seeing if there was tolerance for those that choose to believe in a God that requires us to strive to suppress our sins out of love for Him
...does...not...compute...?

What do you think?

Homosexuality is found throughout nature. So if you think that god created everything...

Who says? Do people? Can you substantiate either claim?

What do you think?

...does...not...compute...?
For some it does, thus, tolerance

What do you think?

Nope, but this is what many Christians believe, which, they have a right to. And, the theory is that we can exert self control to behave in a way pleasing to God if we love Him

What do you think?

Nope, but this is what many Christians believe, which, they have a right to. And, the theory is that we can exert self control to behave in a way pleasing to God if we love Him
Whereby; if "He" really loved me... he could exert self control to behave in a way that is pleasing to me... "Love" after all, in the classical sense has to be a two way street. Most would settle for him simply making himself known. And no... other people telling you about it through word of mouth, or writing doesn't cut it.

What do you think?

Some people's god think that even rocks have souls, let alone animals. What makes you think that your god is the right one and that animals don't have souls?

What do you think?

Whereby; if "He" really loved me... he could exert self control to behave in a way that is pleasing to me... "Love" after all, in the classical sense has to be a two way street. Most would settle for him simply making himself known. And no... other people telling you about it through word of mouth, or writing doesn't cut it.
Those that choose to believe this way, defer to God as the ultimate rule maker. They are after all believers, so, they worship Him and realize as an unfallible being he is always right and perfect. Those that don't believe make their own rules and live by their own moral code

Those that choose to believe this way, defer to God as the ultimate rule maker. They are after all believers, so, they worship Him and realize as an unfallible being he is always right and perfect. Those that don't believe make their own rules and live by their own moral code
And by doing the latter; are they not by default... following this Gods example. If so in a twist of irony, it would make the latter more Godly...

What do you think?

Non religious, so don't think of it as a sin. If it wasn't for the constant pushing of an agenda by the media I really wouldn't be thinking of it at all or really care.
I find public displays of affection simply inappropriate by anyone and really don't care to have the imagery of gay lifestyle constantly thrown in my face.
No one has a right to tell you what to do in the bedroom. How about keeping it there. Goes for heteros and homos.
Not agreeing with a lifestyle somehow has been equated with hate and bigotry and fear. None of which I practice or believe. I just disagree.

What do you think?

Some people's god think that even rocks have souls, let alone animals. What makes you think that your god is the right one and that animals don't have souls?
I was just stating what Christians believe. I am not knowledgable of other religions but they obviously have a right to voice their beliefs

And by doing the latter; are they not by default... following this Gods example. If so in a twist of irony, it would make the latter more Godly...
Really? How so?

What do you think?

Belief that a certain act is immoral is just fine, that's a personal belief. Believing it to be based on scripture becomes problematic. Leviticus specifically mentions male homosexuality (and tantalizingly ignores girl on girl action) as a forbidden act and labels it a capital crime. However, there are many prohibitions, specifically the prohibitions on diet, that modern day xtians specifically ignore. It's hard to condemn homosexuality based on scripture while one is eating cheeseburgers guilt free because they are both forbidden by scripture.

So, if your belief that homosexuality is immoral is based on your own personal morality and you're not imposing that morality on others, go nuts. Believe what you want.

However, if you're seeking to foist your religious views on others based on scripture, you've got some theological problems to overcome.

What do you think?

People have a right to think and believe as they like. Anyone who thinks they can legislate thoughts, beliefs or stupidity is an idiot.

What we can do is ensure that laws don't strip a person's rights for religious or political reasons.

What do you think?

Belief that a certain act is immoral is just fine, that's a personal belief. Believing it to be based on scripture becomes problematic. Leviticus specifically mentions male homosexuality (and tantalizingly ignores girl on girl action) as a forbidden act and labels it a capital crime. However, there are many prohibitions, specifically the prohibitions on diet, that modern day xtians specifically ignore. It's hard to condemn homosexuality based on scripture while one is eating cheeseburgers guilt free because they are both forbidden by scripture.

So, if your belief that homosexuality is immoral is based on your own personal morality and you're not imposing that morality on others, go nuts. Believe what you want.

However, if you're seeking to foist your religious views on others based on scripture, you've got some theological problems to overcome.
Those folks believe in one nation under God and feel we are smiting God by legalizing this aggregious sin. They argue that many Levitical sins were before Jesus, however, Homosexuality (and divorce except under certain condition) were unacceptable on Gods sight even after Jesus

Homosexuality (and divorce except under certain condition) were unacceptable on Gods sight even after Jesus

I'm no expert on the xtian scriptures, but where is homosexuality specifically forbidden in their texts?

Forum List

Back