Is It Wrong to Think Homosexuality is a Sin?

Bonzi

Diamond Member
May 17, 2015
What do you think?

If you believe you have a right to believe this, and you are offended, is it OK to voice this?

Being gay is fine. I mean, really, who cares? It doesnt effect anyone except for that person and who he/she chooses to be with
You can think of it in any way you want. Being wrong or "sinful" is completely subjective.
Voice it if you want!

Hater! Bigot! Sadist! Homophobe! Misogynist! Racist! Hoodwinker! Cheapskate!

I'm running out of name calling terms.

Anyone?

Where is my safe zone?

Being gay is fine. I mean, really, who cares? It doesnt effect anyone except for that person and who he/she chooses to be with
You can think of it in any way you want. Being wrong or "sinful" is completely subjective.
Voice it if you want!

Gay men in the US account for under 10% of the population, yet they account for well over half off all AIDS and STD cases in the US. This is a fact supported by the CDC.

However, even though the economic costs to society Dims will never see this as a reason to not encourage such behavior as "normal" and "good".

Meanwhile, they will ban soda drinks in New York cuz they are not healthy and seaways in San Fran cuz they want people to exercise so they will be healthier.

It's all part of the Dim brain rot.

People need to be left alone to make their own choices in the matter. If they sin or are an abomination in the lord's sight that is between their god(s) and themselves. To attempt to force others find it acceptable is as bad as trying to get someone else to accept that drug addiction, alcoholism, prostitution and all the other traps that humans can fall into is good for you and all fine and dandy.

I think the open sexual society in your face shit is disgusting regardless of who is doing it.

What do you think?

If you believe you have a right to believe this, and you are offended, is it OK to voice this?
If it's a sin then it is but I'm too focused on the log in my eye to worry about the splinter in someone else's...........
Except when I'm dealing with hacks, conspiracy nutjobs and racists........ :D

Voice it if you want!

:clap2:

I believe it goes something like, "judge not, lest ye be judged".

We choose and discipline our own personal behavior. The moment we start exporting that to choosing and controlling other people's behavior, the sinkhole yawns. And there's the pitfall of preachy punitive-style religion.

Loving another human being is normal and fine. It's what the heavens want most for us. But when sex enters the picture that is where the problem starts. The good book states sex after marriage between one man and one women in the eyes of God is the preferred way of life. Beyond that it's up to us all to choose our own path in life.
The sin, the really big sin in my opinion is using homosexuality as a political club to divide the population...that is a real sin.

Voice it if you want!

We choose and discipline our own personal behavior. The moment we start exporting that to choosing and controlling other people's behavior, the sinkhole yawns. And there's the pitfall of preachy punitive-style religion.
It also goes like this, 'a spiritual man judges all things'. That is because the 'spiritual human' is aware that people in judgment are subjecting themselves to the ills of the worldly things.

Gay men in the US account for under 10% of the population, yet they account for well over half off all AIDS and STD cases in the US. This is a fact supported by the CDC.

strange how priest went for little boys, for centuries with little concern that certainly is a crime again for that awful religion, christianity - speaking of AID's - - so according to Votto it was ok because AID'S is a recent phenom .... the priest's were holy.

not my choice but for consenting Adults the issue is simply their freedom to chose.

What do you think?

That is actually an interesting question.

But lets look at it is a broader way- rather than just choose 'homosexuality'- lets add a few more to provide context to the concept of 'sin'.

Is it wrong to think that women wearing pants is a sin?
Is it wrong to think that eating pork is a sin?
Is it wrong to think that women driving cars is a sin?
Is it wrong to think that working on a Saturday is a sin?
Is it wrong to think that black and whites marrying each other is a sin?
Is it wrong to think that people who marry after divorce is a sin?

There are lots of things that various religions consider sins. Do we condemn those who believe those things? Do we condemn those who insist that everyone else not be/do what they consider sinful?

I really don't have an easy answer to it- other than as long as you don't try to pass laws to enforce your ideas of what is 'sinful' I really don't care much.

Voice it if you want!

However, even though the economic costs to society Dims will never see this as a reason to not encourage such behavior as "normal" and "good"..

Christian Conservatives passed laws to imprison gays long before there was AIDs and when the deadly STD of the day was syphillis- which was rampant among straight men.

And of course, you and your fellow travellers would just as happily imprison lesbians- regardless of their levels of AIDs and STDS.

strange how priest went for little boys, for centuries with little concern that certainly is a crime again for that awful religion, christianity - speaking of AID's - - so according to Votto it was ok because AID'S is a recent phenom .... the priest's were holy.

not my choice but for consenting Adults the issue is simply their freedom to chose.

Just to clarify- priests have been guilty of raping both boys and girls.

Voice it if you want!

The thought police chimes in

As have, homos...

As have, homos...
As have heteros....

Essentially the persons who rape kids are men.

As have, homos...
As have heteros....

Essentially the persons who rape kids are men.
What about those hot to trot teachers that just gotta have some of Tyrone's tool?

Voice it if you want!

I wouldn't characterize the OP as "thought police". She asked an open question, and kept it sparklingly neutral.

Voice it if you want!

I wouldn't characterize the OP as "thought police". She asked an open question, and kept it sparklingly neutral.
:dig:

New Topics

Forum List

Back