Is It Wrong To Think Adultery Is A Sin?

g5000

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2011
Matthew 19:9. Jesus said, "I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery."

Should a Kentucky county clerk refuse to give a marriage license to an adulterer who has already been married and divorced?

Adultery is one of the Top Ten sins!

No. Her religion has nothing to do with the performance of her duties. She can think playing pocket pool is a sin but she better do her job. She isnt employed by the church.

"]
30avr4z.jpg

Matthew 19:9. Jesus said, "I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery."

Should a Kentucky county clerk refuse to give a marriage license to an adulterer who has already been married and divorced?

Adultery is one of the Top Ten sins!

The clerk case was unique because government is supposed to be neutral. She was in the wrong.

That being said the fact she was an elected official made it difficult to remove her, and if she gets voted back in it can be a big issue.

No. Her religion has nothing to do with the performance of her duties. She can think playing pocket pool is a sin but she better do her job. She isnt employed by the church.
No. Her religion has nothing to do with the performance of her duties

They used that a lot in Germany 1936-1945
They used various words in a lot of countries during that time range. Matter of fact they still use it in the US today. Whats your point?

The next time you are demanding Bible-compliant marriages, remember what Jesus said :

"I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery."

Anyone who thinks that remarriage after a divorce is a sin should not be forced into participating in a second marriage ceremony. They don't have to bake cakes, take pictures or rent the venue.

There, now we're all good.

Anyone who thinks that remarriage after a divorce is a sin should not be forced into participating in a second marriage ceremony. They don't have to bake cakes, take pictures or rent the venue.

There, now we're all good.

And second marriages should not receive any government recognition.

There, NOW we're all good.

They used various words in a lot of countries during that time range. Matter of fact they still use it in the US today. Whats your point?
I was only following orders.

To you that's an acceptable excuse.

Are you seriously comparing signing a piece of paper to systematically killing 6 million people? :lol:

i dont follow orders myself so what made you think something like that would be an acceptable excuse?

Are you seriously comparing signing a piece of paper to systematically killing 6 million people? :lol:
i think he is just confused. Topic must be too deep for him.

So you are equating state recognition of same sex marriages with the Holocaust?

How are you able to breathe and write with that much brain damage?

Forum List

Back