Is It Wise to Have Public Homecomings?

Liberal Math.

Someone Happy = someone else somewhere must be miserable + manmade global warming

These public displays shouldn't take place at all. The Empire needs to bring all their forces HOME and mind it's own business...but I know that happen. Why? Because the ruling class won't let it.

This crap that US forces are fighting for our freedom, is just such utter and disgusting propaganda. They are fighting for the ruling class, as they have always done. They are pawns in the game the elites are playing.
You're saying US forces fighting against ISIS are not fighting for our freedom ? And US forces in Afghanistan are not fighting for our freedom ? What about fighting to be free from nuclear annihilation ? You don't see them as fighting for that ?

PS - the word "Empire" comes from the word Imperialism. Did you know that the US is the # 1 VICTIM of Imperalism in the world today ? ($138 Billion/year)
I am saying that. They are not fighting for our freedom. They are fighting for the ruling class. Read War is a Racket.

Did ISIS attack us? Did Afghanistan attack us?

The US is an EMPIRE. Accept it.
Attacking our friends is attacking us.. Do you let your friends get attacked without standing up for them ?
Friends? Really?

The US gov has made friends with some of the most repressive regimes in the world.

It is not our job to protect our friends...so that young Americans die and kill around the world.

Remember what the Founders told you?
So you have no friends, and therefore don't understand the meaning of helping your friends ??

You are or were complicit in the creation of our friends chosen throughout the world, and this you along with millions more had done if didn't vote or voted wrongfully in life going back decades now, so you can stop with the bullcrap anytime now.

Bet you've purchased a car from a bullcraping politician uh I mean salesperson in your life, but you probably blame someone else for that choice as well don't you ?

You're saying US forces fighting against ISIS are not fighting for our freedom ? And US forces in Afghanistan are not fighting for our freedom ?
Kicking down the doors of a terrified Afghan farmer who couldn't find America on a map, isn't fighting for our freedom. ... :cuckoo:

The United Stats hasn't fought a legitimate declared war since WWll ... :cool:
If that famer is harboring fugitives, weapons, soldiers/fighters instead of being that innocent farmer you imagine that they all are, then yes we will knock down the door if he is a suspect in a region where battles have taken place, and soldiers were killed.

Hey, all these nation's have to do is quit attacking their neighbors for whom are our friends or worse quit attacking us trying to help our friends and even them indirectly, so yep we will be knocking at the door if they keep it up while we are there to help.

We don't have any friends but Russia, China,and N Koreia. You haven't been listening to Trump?
Might be true.. Your friends never done you wrong, and so you gave someone else a chance ?

These public displays shouldn't take place at all. The Empire needs to bring all their forces HOME and mind it's own business...but I know that happen. Why? Because the ruling class won't let it.

This crap that US forces are fighting for our freedom, is just such utter and disgusting propaganda. They are fighting for the ruling class, as they have always done. They are pawns in the game the elites are playing.
You're saying US forces fighting against ISIS are not fighting for our freedom ? And US forces in Afghanistan are not fighting for our freedom ? What about fighting to be free from nuclear annihilation ? You don't see them as fighting for that ?

PS - the word "Empire" comes from the word Imperialism. Did you know that the US is the # 1 VICTIM of Imperalism in the world today ? ($138 Billion/year)
I am saying that. They are not fighting for our freedom. They are fighting for the ruling class. Read War is a Racket.

Attacking our friends is attacking us.. Do you let your friends get attacked without standing up for them ?
Friends? Really?

The US gov has made friends with some of the most repressive regimes in the world.

It is not our job to protect our friends...so that young Americans die and kill around the world.

Remember what the Founders told you?
So you have no friends, and therefore don't understand the meaning of helping your friends ??

You are or were complicit in the creation of our friends chosen throughout the world, and this you along with millions more had done if didn't vote or voted wrongfully in life going back decades now, so you can stop with the bullcrap anytime now.

Bet you've purchased a car from a bullcraping politician uh I mean salesperson in your life, but you probably blame someone else for that choice as well don't you ?
Hey guess what? I am not a NATION.

Terribly silly and simplistic argument.

After decades of war, death and destruction by the US Gov, that have done nothing but reduce our freedoms and impoverish the nation while enriching the ruling class. Yet you still cling to fallacies. Why?

Why are you supporting the criminal ruling class?

Yes, ISIS killed some of our people. They have also declared war against us (we went to war against Hitler on that basis). They have been (and could be still) a severe threat to us, as much as North Korea, and maybe worse.
With Afghanistan, in addition to the Taliban, and more importantly, keyword is NUCLEAR. 100+ nuclear warheads in Pakistan, that even Obama admits keeps him awake at night. There is plenty of thought to see Pakistan as the # 1 nuclear threat to the US today. They have 100+ nuclear warheads, and lots of Islamist loons who have attacked the storage of these repeatedly. Now the Paki govt is transporting these things around in ordinary vans (like UPS), and driving them through ordinary streets, in a hazardous attempt to keep them out o the hands of both jihadists and US troops.

Secondly, the Pakistan govt, is very fragile and if toppled, the warheads could fall into the hands of the same people who enacted 9-11. This is why US troops need to stay there. To quickly enter Pakistan, to seize the warheads and secure them. Bringing the troops home from Afghanistan, could be the worst mistake ever made by a US president.

The Ally From Hell - Jeffrey Goldberg and Marc Ambinder - The Atlantic

How does THIS look on the possibility scale ? Click the link (if you dare)

Pakistan Carts Its Nukes Around In Delivery Vans | Danger Room | Wired.com

As far as the US as an imperialist is concerned, I don't know what, or where, or how much you're talking about with that, but I sure know about the US as the # 1 VICTIM of imperialism in the world today. Unlike in the past, when imperialism was carried out with swords, and later guns & bombs, imperialism today is a remittance affair. Imperialist countries like Mexico, China, India, etc send their people into the prey country, occupy it on a sustained basis, and pillage it for its wealth, by means of remittances$$$.

Currently, this pillaging is $138 Billion/year being extracted (international burglary) out of the US economy, and re-inserted into the economies of the imperialist (predator) countries, $28 Billion/year going to Mexico alone (from the US). Mexico also plunders us via welfare to Mexicans living in the US (us paying their poverty bill) using the anchor baby racket + a misinterpretation of the 14th amendment (birthright citizenship). Don't take my word for it > click the link - see for yourself. $28 Billion/year (Mexico). The Vikings would be envious.

Remittance Flows Worldwide in 2016

Kicking down the doors of a terrified Afghan farmer who couldn't find America on a map, isn't fighting for our freedom. ... :cuckoo:

The United Stats hasn't fought a legitimate declared war since WWll ... :cool:
Not a declared one, but the middle east fighting is 100% legitimate. Have you forgotten 9-11 ? American journalists beheaded by ISIS ? ISIS threats against the US ? Al Qaeda threats ? Haven't noticed jihadist attacks going on here, and around the world ?

Not a declared one, but the middle east fighting is 100% legitimate. Have you forgotten 9-11 ? American journalists beheaded by ISIS ? ISIS threats against the US ? Al Qaeda threats ? Haven't noticed jihadist attacks going on here, and around the world ?
Time to get out of the ME and leave those people alone. All we are doing is providing U.S. military mercenaries to fight for Israel.

And I could care less about some idiotic American jew journalist getting beheaded. He shouldn't have been there in the first place. .... :cool:

Time to get out of the ME and leave those people alone. All we are doing is providing U.S. military mercenaries to fight for Israel.

And I could care less about some idiotic American jew journalist getting beheaded. He shouldn't have been there in the first place. .... :cool:
It is DEFENSE. Yes, you've forgotten 9-11, and all the jihadist attacks we have had HERE, inside the US, that came from there (ex. Nadal Hasan Fort Hood attack from al-Awlaki in Yemen)

It is DEFENSE. Yes, you've forgotten 9-11, and all the jihadist attacks we have had HERE, inside the US, that came from there (ex. Nadal Hasan Fort Hood attack from al-Awlaki in Yemen)
The number of attacks on U.S. soil and people killed is minuscule, compared to the tens of thousands of innocent people we have murdered, and the millions of homeless refugees we have created.

All in the name of defending America. ... :cuckoo:

Yes, ISIS killed some of our people. They have also declared war against us (we went to war against Hitler on that basis). They have been (and could be still) a severe threat to us, as much as North Korea, and maybe worse.
With Afghanistan, in addition to the Taliban, and more importantly, keyword is NUCLEAR. 100+ nuclear warheads in Pakistan, that even Obama admits keeps him awake at night. There is plenty of thought to see Pakistan as the # 1 nuclear threat to the US today. They have 100+ nuclear warheads, and lots of Islamist loons who have attacked the storage of these repeatedly. Now the Paki govt is transporting these things around in ordinary vans (like UPS), and driving them through ordinary streets, in a hazardous attempt to keep them out o the hands of both jihadists and US troops.

Secondly, the Pakistan govt, is very fragile and if toppled, the warheads could fall into the hands of the same people who enacted 9-11. This is why US troops need to stay there. To quickly enter Pakistan, to seize the warheads and secure them. Bringing the troops home from Afghanistan, could be the worst mistake ever made by a US president.

The Ally From Hell - Jeffrey Goldberg and Marc Ambinder - The Atlantic

How does THIS look on the possibility scale ? Click the link (if you dare)

Pakistan Carts Its Nukes Around In Delivery Vans | Danger Room | Wired.com

As far as the US as an imperialist is concerned, I don't know what, or where, or how much you're talking about with that, but I sure know about the US as the # 1 VICTIM of imperialism in the world today. Unlike in the past, when imperialism was carried out with swords, and later guns & bombs, imperialism today is a remittance affair. Imperialist countries like Mexico, China, India, etc send their people into the prey country, occupy it on a sustained basis, and pillage it for its wealth, by means of remittances$$$.

Currently, this pillaging is $138 Billion/year being extracted (international burglary) out of the US economy, and re-inserted into the economies of the imperialist (predator) countries, $28 Billion/year going to Mexico alone (from the US). Mexico also plunders us via welfare to Mexicans living in the US (us paying their poverty bill) using the anchor baby racket + a misinterpretation of the 14th amendment (birthright citizenship). Don't take my word for it > click the link - see for yourself. $28 Billion/year (Mexico). The Vikings would be envious.

The number one terrorist nation in the world: USA
The number one imperialist nation in the world: USA

Both indisputable FACTS.

All thanks to the criminals running our government.

I think these types of reunions are lovely. I'll admit, these videos always tear me up a little.

I was just now on break here at work and was browsing MSN.com. They had a story about a HS Senior who was surprised by his father at his graduation ceremony. Everything went great. The graduating senior and the Sergeant's five other kids were surprised and happy to see him. The principal worked with the Sergeant to keep it a secret and the crowd was very appreciative to the Sergeant who has done 5 deployments.

I wonder though, what if you were one of the student's classmates who had lost a parent in combat. I imagine the bittersweet moment of your graduating without your parent would be made somewhat more painful to see a reunion happening in front of you. I would imagine; I don't know, that in a town where the base is one of the larger employers and the core reason for the town, there would be several students who lost parents.

I doubt any of the students would hold it against their classmate or their father for doing it but perhaps the reunions should take place in a less public setting.
They are heartwarming....however, I get a little peeved with the whole nine yards for someone who just came back from 6 months in Germany as opposed to someone who was under fire in the Middle East.

But that's just me.

I was just now on break here at work and was browsing MSN.com. They had a story about a HS Senior who was surprised by his father at his graduation ceremony. Everything went great. The graduating senior and the Sergeant's five other kids were surprised and happy to see him. The principal worked with the Sergeant to keep it a secret and the crowd was very appreciative to the Sergeant who has done 5 deployments.

I wonder though, what if you were one of the student's classmates who had lost a parent in combat. I imagine the bittersweet moment of your graduating without your parent would be made somewhat more painful to see a reunion happening in front of you. I would imagine; I don't know, that in a town where the base is one of the larger employers and the core reason for the town, there would be several students who lost parents.

I doubt any of the students would hold it against their classmate or their father for doing it but perhaps the reunions should take place in a less public setting.
They are heartwarming....however, I get a little peeved with the whole nine yards for someone who just came back from 6 months in Germany as opposed to someone who was under fire in the Middle East.

But that's just me.

The first 1000 videos of children, dogs, goldfish etc being surprised were cute. Now they are just dumb, unless it's your own family member.

But that's just me.

Its a sensitive issue I guess. Where the rub is for me is that when it happens at a school function, usually, the children who perhaps may have lost parents or siblings in combat are required by law to be there. If your 15 year old is having her quince and when they bring out the cake; having the recently returned parent do the honors is a joyous occasion to be sure and nobody is required to be there.

The flip side of the argument is that by the time you're 12 or so, if you're the son or daughter of a military member, you know the score and you probably know that mom or dad may not be coming back. You're probably hardened to the possibility.

I still think that the administrators should recommend that the joy of having a deployed soldier returning to their family be done outside of school functions.

But that's just me.

The first 1000 videos of children, dogs, goldfish etc being surprised were cute. Now they are just dumb, unless it's your own family member.

Oh, I disagree with that. Brings a tear to my eyes every time. Of course, I cry at the commercial where the kids chunk paper airplanes over the hedge...

The number of attacks on U.S. soil and people killed is minuscule, compared to the tens of thousands of innocent people we have murdered, and the millions of homeless refugees we have created.

All in the name of defending America. ... :cuckoo:
I don't agree that "we" have "murdered" anyone, or created millions of homeless refugees. Sounds like some kind of leftist loonieness.

The number one terrorist nation in the world: USA
The number one imperialist nation in the world: USA

Both indisputable FACTS.

All thanks to the criminals running our government.
Both indisputable IDIOCY. USA is #1 defender against terrorism. The Umma is the # 1 terrorist "nation" in the world. (consisting of Iran, ISIS, al Qaeda, al Shabbab, Al Nusra, Hamas, Hezbollah, Boko Haram, the Taliban, many other jihad groups, and assorted lone wolves worldwide).

Mexico is the # 1 imperialist nation in the world with $28 Billion/yr raked in just from the US alone. Their pillagers also piled up remittances$$$$$ from Canada, Spain, Guatemala, France, and the UK too, but none of them comparable to the plunder they foist on the US. And remittances is only part of it for Mexico. They also steal millions of US jobs + tens of Billions$$ more in welfare from US treasuries.

Come back when you have even a foggy idea of what you're talking about, instead of just tossing 1960's left-wing propaganda around, that's 50 years behind the times.

Forum List

Back