Is it Time to Hide Under the Desk?

listen to yall....first of all...none of you have the type of storage that is needed for a years worth of rations...and water...you may get by with dehydrated stuff left and right but you must have water...ow how much water are you going to need per person and where are you gonna store it? and remind me again who were are fighting with all this ammo? mexicans, blacks, who? and why have the police and nation guards collapsed to the point that citizens must arm to the hilt...o because yall are a bunch of paranoid fucks who got no clue what you talking about...

Aren't you from the woods Bones?

You get water from a well or catching rain water or even lakes, rivers and streams. You can purify it by running it thru a charcoal filter and adding 2 drops of bleach per gallon. Heck, you can even make your own charcoal by smoldering wood without allowing it to burn.

The ammo is for hunting and self defense. If we were to fall victim to another depression, it won't be civilized like the '30.

EDIT: I see PC beat me to the punch. :eusa_clap:

Last edited:
I got a barrel of flour, lawd I gotta bucket'a lard.
I got a barrel of flour, lawd I gotta bucket'a lard.

Ain't got no blues, got chickens in my back yard.

I got corn in the pit and cotton growin' in my patch.
I got corn in the pit and cotton growin' in my patch.
I got that ol' hen sittin' waitin' for that ol hen to hatch.

YoDeLay-e-o, no hard time blues....

~~Jimmie Rodgers, circa 1932

Last edited:
horror of the times...hm no polio....no blood poisioning....no rh factor deaths...no pandemnic flus...
no small pox....yellow fever or malaria...war in iraq...compared to ww2...some of those guys served the entire time..there was no 15 months limits or tour limits...the country had been attacked by an overt enemy...the vietnam war..the tet offensive...the horror of kent state...watergate the pardoning of president nixon....we live in interesting times...always have..always will

Nicely put and it does give perspective. If anyone thinks this current blip is a disaster then they need to cross their fingers and hope that the next influenza pandemic is a hundred years away because the next one is going to be a problem.

Now I've got that Billy Joe song going through my head. Nice site here:

We Didn't Start the Fire

Oh I just heard a report on domestic radio here, things might be settling down in China. If that's the case then there could be a little bit of light there.

i am not getting on that ice floe....you can just forget about that

I like that allusion.

You know, I must admit that I was always partial to "World Destruction" fiction and sci fi, but I never actually thought that I would have to stock up on army rations and ammo.

Just don't be thinkin' you'll drop in for a snack.

Have you heard of the "Spanish" influenza pandemic of 1918-1919? It's more scary than sci-fo because it happened and it's scary because it could happen again.

Yep. Wishful thinking. No transsexual dudes on my jock.

Tutorial Time:
Since Liberals see their view as a higher calling that that of Conservatives, they mistakenly believe that it is entirely appropriate for then to use, not logic, facts, nor accepted debating techniques, but ad hominem attacks on the physical appearance, personal history, or imaginary mental defects. Notice how the Liberal replaces intellect with emotion. This is, no doubt, based on a medieval concept of recognizing witches and demons. In fact, Liberals attempt to deal with opponents in similar fashion: recall Clarence Thomas’ “High Tech Lynching.”

I have to agree. But I think there's a bit of stereotyping of the left there. Having said that it's pretty pointless to have a go at Coulter because of her physicality. This business about "Ann the man" and the rest of it. I don't understand it. I couldn't give a rat's even if she was a transexual. In fact it's rank hypocrisy by some who proclaim themselves as supporting gay rights and what's the phrase, something about "gender-challenged" or some other phrase, then they turn on Coulter with those types of remarks. I just think her views are offensive but then I think she's as cunning as a shithouse rat too, she's made an excellent living out of those views, whether she holds them as core view or not is probably irrelevant.

I hope so. I think we need an International emergency response system.
Don't say that too loudly and especially in this climate. A massive amount of UN tanks, weapons and equipment have been moving by rail to "trouble spots" all over the country.

Wonder why we need UN military operations on our soil?

I don't see the logic in mounting an argument against being prepared. Having a pantry full of canned food is always a good idea. It is protection against all manor of disaster...economic, natural or man made.

Don't think your vulnerable to natural disasters...ever heard of an earthquake in Missouri? At the beginning to the 20th century we had an earthquake so strong the Mississippi River ran backwards.

http://www.ready.gov/america/getakit/

Last edited:
Any board members ready or preparing for an apocalyse?

Yep...

basement39007.jpg

Picture007.jpg

Seriously, it's just my couponing hobby, but it'll come in handy should the worst occur.

Forum List

Back