Is it Time to Hide Under the Desk?

Well, I guess I'll volunteer to be the first alarmist. I've been stocking up on ammunition for months (see my thread in Outdoors on dwindling ammunition supplies)

My pantry is full, and my wood stove has been serviced.

For the record, I don't expect a second American depression but I am a firm believer in 'Hope for the best but prepare for the worst'.

This is the first serious answer to my question. Can't have wood burners in the People's Republic of NYC. Guns???? Very difficult. Need MRE's.

Isn't it interesting that those in populated, liberal areas are least concerned. I guess it's being brought up believing that the government will take care of them.

See those pictures of school kids hiding under their desks? How does this fit with President Obama offering Russia to scrap the Eastern European missile shields? Where is Rejkevic Reagan when we need him?

Yep. Wishful thinking. No transsexual dudes on my jock.

Tutorial Time:
Since Liberals see their view as a higher calling that that of Conservatives, they mistakenly believe that it is entirely appropriate for then to use, not logic, facts, nor accepted debating techniques, but ad hominem attacks on the physical appearance, personal history, or imaginary mental defects. Notice how the Liberal replaces intellect with emotion. This is, no doubt, based on a medieval concept of recognizing witches and demons. In fact, Liberals attempt to deal with opponents in similar fashion: recall Clarence Thomas’ “High Tech Lynching.”

Does anybody remember living through a period that holds the potential horror that this one does?

It's one thing to watch the stock market and compare the WH policies to Carter, and the all the rest of the boilerplate of political criticism, but today I heard a radio commercial which suggested buying ammunition, and the company would sell you storable food supplies and gas masks!!!!! efoodsdirect.com

Follow this link today's WSJ article which suggests 1 in 5 chance that we're heading for a depression. Opinion: What Are the Odds of a Depression? - WSJ.com

Any board members ready or preparing for an apocalyse?
I was cognizant and politically aware during the Carter menstruation. Though too young to vote, I was paying close attention. This couldn't be more reminiscent of that time, even if they scripted it and were really trying.

We had a doom and gloom Marxist President with both houses of a Democrat controlled Congress in lapdog agreement, a "mandate" based on public anger over Vietnam and Watergate and a sorry economy... this President who campaigned on "change" and blaming Republicans for our "misery."

The folks were building bomb shelters, hoarding food, arming themselves, stockpiling ammunition... Churches and televangelists were preaching the apocalypse, fear and uncertainty gripped the markets and the nation.

But guess what? We survived it, just like we will now. Carter and his lapdogs managed only to damage themselves, and that's what we will see with this. Let not your heart be troubled.

Although I must say I am glad I am recession/depression proof, owe nothing, need nothing.

i remember doing this, and checking bldgs to see if they had a fallout shelter in them. pretty stupid when you look back on it, but i was six.

08.jpg

duck-and-cover-poster.jpg
I told the sons of bitches I wasn't doing that. Intelligently argued that if a nuke hit, we're all wiped out no matter what we do. Informed them that our city was in the top five as a target, because of the weapons assembly plant nearby. Pleaded with them to just be straight with us, we're all dead in the event of nuclear war or tornado anyway. Hiding under a desk wasn't my intended way to go out.

They listened, then called my dad after the three swats. Then in the future dismissed me from those exercises, made me instead wait in the principal's office until they were finished with their fear mongering. The goal being, to not have me disrupt the routine and mostly, to stop me from informing the rest of the inmates.

I was all of 8.

i remember doing this, and checking bldgs to see if they had a fallout shelter in them. pretty stupid when you look back on it, but i was six.

08.jpg

I told the sons of bitches I wasn't doing that. Intelligently argued that if a nuke hit, we're all wiped out no matter what we do. Informed them that our city was in the top five as a target, because of the weapons assembly plant nearby. Pleaded with them to just be straight with us, we're all dead in the event of nuclear war or tornado anyway. Hiding under a desk wasn't my intended way to go out.

They listened, then called my dad after the three swats. Then in the future dismissed me from those exercises, made me instead wait in the principal's office until they were finished with their fear mongering. The goal being, to not have me disrupt the routine and mostly, to stop me from informing the rest of the inmates.

I was all of 8.

No you didn't

08.jpg

I was all of 8.

No you didn't
I damn sure did.

The other big confrontation I had back then was with the school librarian. I wanted to check "Moby Dick" out of the library. She said "no, that's above your reading level." Of course, I pitched somewhat of a fit, argued with her, and earned more swats.

The next day, my Dad accompanied me to the library, "my son is checking out this book today. If he can't read it I will read it to him, although I assure you he can read it and will understand it. In fact, because of the trouble, he will write you a detailed report on it which you will have on your desk when he returns the book."

Now we all know where the term "meek librarian" comes from.

listen to yall....first of all...none of you have the type of storage that is needed for a years worth of rations...and water...you may get by with dehydrated stuff left and right but you must have water...ow how much water are you going to need per person and where are you gonna store it? and remind me again who were are fighting with all this ammo? mexicans, blacks, who? and why have the police and nation guards collapsed to the point that citizens must arm to the hilt...o because yall are a bunch of paranoid fucks who got no clue what you talking about...

listen to yall....first of all...none of you have the type of storage that is needed for a years worth of rations...and water...you may get by with dehydrated stuff left and right but you must have water...ow how much water are you going to need per person and where are you gonna store it? and remind me again who were are fighting with all this ammo? mexicans, blacks, who? and why have the police and nation guards collapsed to the point that citizens must arm to the hilt...o because yall are a bunch of paranoid fucks who got no clue what you talking about...
shhh....I think it's part of their tea party revolution, they're plotting to overthrow the government.

Either that or some companies are taking advantage of their paranoia to make a profit.

first of all...none of you have the type of storage that is needed for a years worth of rations...and water...you may get by with dehydrated stuff left and right but you must have water...ow how much water are you going to need per person and where are you gonna store it?
I have a well. And a windmill. I have plenty of land and storage. Were I a "survivalist" I could stock up for years. I'm not one. But I DO remember these times, history repeats itself yet again.

I never tried it , but I read all kinds of survival books, and have thought about collecting rainwater or even pool water in a GARBAGE PAIL. Yuck. The suggestion is to add a few capfuls of Chlorox or iodine. Possible?

As for who we are talking about fighting...I don't want to think about it.

shhh....I think it's part of their tea party revolution, they're plotting to overthrow the government.

Either that or some companies are taking advantage of their paranoia to make a profit.

You know, I used to love your sitar work, but this "wiser than thou" really wears thin- especially when one reads what you post.

You know, I used to love your sitar work, but this "wiser than thou" really wears thin- especially when one reads what you post.
Jokes on you...Ravi is a french word it has nothing to do with the sitar player.:lol:

Jokes on you...Ravi is a french word it has nothing to do with the sitar player.:lol:

Glad yu got the reference. I hate having to explain...

Forum List

Back