Is it time to abolish all gun laws and allow everyone to open carry?

23244220_1775247232568323_4455539492264581250_n.png

If we're going to live like the wild west - then we should also all be armed like the wild west.
Actually, the so-called "wild West" was a very peaceable place and time. There were far fewer assaults, rapes, murders, and other "gun crimes" per person, than we have now. Most people who owned guns, either never used them, or used them to shoot snakes, wolves, bears etc. that came onto their property. And hunted for food, too, of course.

Of course, the media never broadcasts scenes of people going through a normal work day peaceably. They hugely emphasize the few gunfights that ever occurred, and completely ignore the other 99.99% of the time.

If we're going to live like the wild west - then we should also all be armed like the wild west.
Actually, the so-called "wild West" was a very peaceable place and time. There were far fewer assaults, rapes, murders, and other "gun crimes" per person, than we have now. Most people who owned guns, either never used them, or used them to shoot snakes, wolves, bears etc. that came onto their property. And hunted for food, too, of course.

Of course, the media never broadcasts scenes of people going through a normal work day peaceably. They hugely emphasize the few gunfights that ever occurred, and completely ignore the other 99.99% of the time.

The farmers and herdsmen were peaceful, miners much less so the OK corral and the Minnesota bank robberies were on the border between the two types of western towns.

If we're going to live like the wild west - then we should also all be armed like the wild west. What do you think?

Sounds great. Every scholarly look at violence in America has shown that the "violent American West" was actually far more peaceful than the eastern cities. Sounds like you might be on to something.

Yes. We should all have the right to open or concealed carry.

The language in the COTUS in unambiguous- "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED".

An armed society is a polite society. :thup:
Moronic, vacuous NRA rhetoric.

Citizens currently have the right to carry concealed firearms; laws prohibiting open carry are perfectly Constitutional.

The Constitution exists solely in the context of its case law, as determined by the Supreme Court, including the Second Amendment.

The Second Amendment is not ‘absolute,’ it is subject to restrictions and limitations by government that do not manifest as an ‘infringement’ until the Supreme Court rules otherwise.

Citizens have the right to carry concealed firearms pursuant to lawful self-defense, having nothing to do with ‘deterring’ crime or being ‘polite.’

Case law only exist until another court decides otherwise. The only things written in stone at the supreme court are on the walls.

Sometimes, it seems like it will take another revolutionary war before the people will ever completely understand and appreciate what the 2nd amendment really says, what it means and how it came about the first time.

Last edited:
If we're going to live like the wild west - then we should also all be armed like the wild west. What do you think?

My states constitutional carry...Very safe here if you stay out of the heavily Democratic St. Louis. Arkansas is constitutional carry...Very safe is you stay out of heavily Democratic Little Rock. Kansas is constitutional carry...Very safe...you'll have to ask Grampa Murked U about Kansas City. Safer than St Louis for sure. But not as safe as the rest of Kansas.

Vermont has had constitutional carry since it became a state...and is one of the safest states in the country.

So, what are you talking about? The vast majority of the gun violence is in the heart of the most liberal areas.

P.S. my county has had legal open carry since the dawn of time...one murder in the last 15 years...a stabbing.

The conservatives want us all to have machine guns, tanks and rpg's! We can defend our piece of land(farms)! That is the world they want to build.

Everyone should be given guns, tanks and rpgs if it is really constitutional duty to have them.
You are crazy.

My states constitutional carry...Very safe here if you stay out of the heavily Democratic St. Louis. Arkansas is constitutional carry...Very safe is you stay out of heavily Democratic Little Rock. Kansas is constitutional carry...Very safe...you'll have to ask Grampa Murked U about Kansas City. Safer than St Louis for sure. But not as safe as the rest of Kansas.

Vermont has had constitutional carry since it became a state...and is one of the safest states in the country.

So, what are you talking about? The vast majority of the gun violence is in the heart of the most liberal areas.

P.S. my county has had legal open carry since the dawn of time...one murder in the last 15 years...a stabbing.
Kansas City has an alarming murder rate. Once popular high end shopping districts (The Plaza) are not safe in the summer. Black teens from the inner city overrun it on summer weekends and crime goes up. Westport has been overrun by white trash & the ghetto kids. And the popular Mexican restaurant district has had a nasty uptic in muggings & murders. Just had a cop killed there a couple months back.
Having said all that Kansas City is a great town with tons of culture to delve into

Some states do allow anyone who can legallty own a gun to carry open or concealed.
Technically these states are called Constitutional Carry states because the citizens don't believe their 2nd ammendment rights should be abrogated in any way. I agree. When you make laws restricting the carry rights of law abiding citizens it empowers thugs and crazies to attack people in gun free zones or other public places where most people are likely to be unarmed

photo_1509936377543.jpg

The biggest problems come from assault style semi-auto weapons with large magazine capacities. One of my favorite deer rifles is a .280 Remington semi-automatic - but I'm starting to wonder if maybe all semi-automatic weapons should be banned - especially assault style semi-auto weapons with large magazine capacities. Gee, I wonder why none of these homegrown mass-murderers don't use regular rifles such as bolt action and lever action types with low magazine capacities? There's a reason why these nuts don't use single-shot rifles (body count).

The biggest problems come from assault style semi-auto weapons with large magazine capacities. One of my favorite deer rifles is a .280 Remington semi-automatic - but I'm starting to wonder if maybe all semi-automatic weapons should be banned - especially assault style semi-auto weapons with large magazine capacities. Gee, I wonder why none of these homegrown mass-murderers don't use regular rifles such as bolt action and lever action types with low magazine capacities? There's a reason why these nuts don't use single-shot rifles.

Statistically they are virtually non existent in the criminal databases. Their usage is rare to ultra rare.

The biggest problems come from assault style semi-auto weapons with large magazine capacities. One of my favorite deer rifles is a .280 Remington semi-automatic - but I'm starting to wonder if maybe all semi-automatic weapons should be banned - especially assault style semi-auto weapons with large magazine capacities. Gee, I wonder why none of these homegrown mass-murderers don't use regular rifles such as bolt action and lever action types with low magazine capacities? There's a reason why these nuts don't use single-shot rifles.

Statistically they are virtually non existent in the criminal databases. Their usage is rare to ultra rare.

Please let us know the next time some homegrown nut goes on a killing spree with a single-shot .22.

Forum List

Back