Is it time for Israel to re-take Gaza?

Shusha

Gold Member
Dec 14, 2015
Yes, I'm being provocative. (I'm bored with all the ridiculous discussion of people trying to demonize Israel for defending her borders from violent rioters talking about marching to Jerusalem ripping the hearts out of Jews. Ugh.)

So let's talk about the future of Gaza.

There are real humanitarian concerns here. There are real security concerns here. Neither are being addressed by Hamas or the citizens of Gaza. Can Israel step in? Should Israel step in?

Now, I'm not necessarily suggesting that Israel incorporate Gaza into Israel. My thinking is more that if everyone is saying Israel is occupying Gaza anyway -- why doesn't she actually go back to occupying it? Temporarily. Preferrably with the support of the at least some of the Gazan people. Possibly as a Mandate overseeing an economic revival, a re-building of infrastructure, a reduction in violence and a re-education of the next generation.

Is it possible for Israel to offer some carrots here? In the form of clean water, improved medical care, economic trade?

Is it possible for Israel to offer some carrots here? In the form of clean water, improved medical care, economic trade?
No. That is like buying a purse for a spouse with two black eyes. You are dealing with people (Muslims) who speak about the Crusades like last week's football match.

Yes, I'm being provocative. (I'm bored with all the ridiculous discussion of people trying to demonize Israel for defending her borders from violent rioters talking about marching to Jerusalem ripping the hearts out of Jews. Ugh.)

There are real humanitarian concerns here. There are real security concerns here. Neither are being addressed by Hamas or the citizens of Gaza. Can Israel step in? Should Israel step in?

Now, I'm not necessarily suggesting that Israel incorporate Gaza into Israel. My thinking is more that if everyone is saying Israel is occupying Gaza anyway -- why doesn't she actually go back to occupying it? Temporarily. Preferrably with the support of the at least some of the Gazan people. Possibly as a Mandate overseeing an economic revival, a re-building of infrastructure, a reduction in violence and a re-education of the next generation.

1) Get rid of UNWRA. The "refugee" issue must be put to rest.

2) Get rid of the leaders and Iran's influence, plus weapons.

3) Egypt should be involved in getting rid in UNWRA, Iran's influence and all the weapons. ISIS is also an issue.

4) Once the main blocks to progress are taken away, then maybe..... after one generation, or two, it will be possible to turn Gaza into a place Arabs will want to turn into an Arab State, where they get to export what they make, live in peace with Israel and Egypt, etc, etc....

5) Once UNWRA and the leaders are dealt with, one can find out how many in the Strip are actually for living in peace, and put their efforts towards a future without violence towards Jews, Israel and Egypt.
----
The UN has already shown itself tho be an failure in wanting to see Gaza or the P A, become self sufficient and stop their war against the Jews and Israel.

Changes over there need to happen as well.

No. That is like buying a purse for a spouse with two black eyes. You are dealing with people (Muslims) who speak about the Crusades like last week's football match.
That is another thing that will need to be changed.

Muslim mentality towards the Jews in general.

Never...ever gonna happen. Though they (Jews) are 'people of the book' they do not follow the teachings of Allah's final prophet.

Never...ever gonna happen. Though they (Jews) are 'people of the book' they do not follow the teachings of Allah's final prophet.
Do Muslims think the Jews are going to burn in hell for eternity or something?

We do know it is not going to happen. The change in extreme Muslim mentality.

Let us see what getting rid of the Iran threat, more Arab countries having some sort of ties with Israel, etc may do in the future.

Once they can see that they cannot destroy Israel by any means, they may start working on wanting to really build Gaza.

Do Muslims think the Jews are going to burn in hell for eternity or something?
No...Muslims believe that on the last day all people will be judged by Allah. Those who will be condemned to hell are those who do not believe in Allah or his messengers...Jesus (Isa) and Moses (Musa) are two of those messengers. This is why Jews and Christians, though not equal to Muslims are still viewed much more favorably than say Buddhists or Hindus who are seen as idol worshipers.

Annexing Gaza would be like buying a home in Love Canal. Just not worth the cost of the cleanup.

We do know it is not going to happen. The change in extreme Muslim mentality.

Let us see what getting rid of the Iran threat, more Arab countries having some sort of ties with Israel, etc may do in the future.

Once they can see that they cannot destroy Israel by any means, they may start working on wanting to really build Gaza.
I think that the hard stance from fellow Sunnis in Saudi is the correct medicine. Israel has proven that they are not averse to cutting deals. They have worked with the Egyptians and the Jordanians. They have also improved their relations with Saudi considerably over the years. With regard to the Palestinians, I can see their argument as well. However, they are in no position to make demands and their continued petulance only exacerbates their strife. A little sugar goes a long way.

You the jews made Gaza a humanitarian concern. Don't blame them.

Helping Gaza is not like helping Turkish earthquake victims.
When Israel helps Palestinians they make it seem like Israel owes them something, when in reality they're an enemy.

I will just suggest the opposite to balance it out - put an ultimatum on everything provided from or moved through the Israeli side. They can start buying Egyptian dinars for all I know.

There's this book by Daniel Pink about motivation. He included a map answering the question "When to use use rewards/recompense?" 2 flows in the chart, routine versus non-routine tasks. The 2nd flow says:

Focus on building a healthy motivating environment that works long term. Pays fair salary, nurtures autonomy, expertise and purpose. Abstain from rewards such as "if-then" in almost all circumstances.
Think about unsuspected rewards, independent, from the sort "now that...". And remember that such rewards would be more efficient if:
1. They include praises and commentary rather than tangible things that can be spent.
2. They provide useful information and don't constitute an attempt to rule over.

I think this can be materialized better if we think about Gaza as we do about any hostile or enemy nation in the region, or another continent.

Last edited:

Apparently, our cheap falafel is crushing the Gazan economy.
They'll keep using the shekel, and they'll keep whining for Israel to be destroyed, while themselves investing 70% of their economy in it.

Palestinian mentality:crybaby:

1396677522452.jpg

When Israel helps Palestinians they make it seem like Israel owes them something, when in reality they're an enemy.

I will just suggest the opposite to balance it out - put an ultimatum on everything provided from or moved through the Israeli side. They can start buying Egyptian dinars for all I know.

There's this book by Daniel Pink about motivation. He included a map answering the question "When to use use rewards/recompense?" 2 flows in the chart, routine versus non-routine tasks. The 2nd flow says:

Focus on building a healthy motivating environment that works long term. Pays fair salary, nurtures autonomy, expertise and purpose. Abstain from rewards such as "if-then" in almost all circumstances.
Think about unsuspected rewards, independent, from the sort "now that...". And remember that such rewards would be more efficient if:
1. They include praises and commentary rather than tangible things that can be spent.
2. They provide useful information and don't constitute an attempt to rule over.

I think this can be materialized better if we think about Gaza as we do about any hostile or enemy nation in the region, or another continent.

Yes. I just watched Daniel Pink's Ted Talk. I see what you are saying here. The if/then is mechanized thinking which requires a clear, measurable goal. While, it is easy enough for the Israeli side to see that clear, measurable goal (if you stop using violence then Israel will stop responding to you) the Gaza side sees the problem as much more complex. So isn't it better to motivate them by using non if/then clauses and instead work towards their own self-autonomy and decision-making and then reward them with non-tangible rewards which permit them a purpose.

We just have to find a way of doing this while ensuring our own security.

Which makes me wonder if ditching the whole system, Israel coming back into Gaza and saying hey, here's the future -- what do you want it to look like? isn't just the thing that is needed.

They'll keep using the shekel, and they'll keep whining for Israel to be destroyed, while themselves investing 70% of their economy in it.

1396677522452.jpg

Most jews I can't stand even some in the Dem party. Why does Israel still need aid, when are you going to become independent. Jews lie steal, and Jews killed to take the land in the first place, the real Jews are nothing but Canaanites, you are pathetic. Jews also used white phosphate bombs in 2014, chemicals.

Yes. I just watched Daniel Pink's Ted Talk. I see what you are saying here. The if/then is mechanized thinking which requires a clear, measurable goal. While, it is easy enough for the Israeli side to see that clear, measurable goal (if you stop using violence then Israel will stop responding to you) the Gaza side sees the problem as much more complex. So isn't it better to motivate them by using non if/then clauses and instead work towards their own self-autonomy and decision-making and then reward them with non-tangible rewards which permit them a purpose.

We just have to find a way of doing this while ensuring our own security.

Which makes me wonder if ditching the whole system, Israel coming back into Gaza and saying hey, here's the future -- what do you want it to look like? isn't just the thing that is needed.

Dr. Kedar said once 'listen, we don't need You, neither Your 'peace'. Our products are too high in price You don't want that, come back in a decade or two when You have something to suggest us."

Taking a blank position on anything provided by Israel is an option. Why do we even need this?
As for security, it's being handled fine, forces will go in if they shoot rockets. Until then it seems tunnels and other means have turned irrelevant without the need to move the military in.

I am sick of you jews. I find you pathetic, you screaming anti-Semitism when someone doesn't worship you freaks. you are either so liberal that you steal and well like Weinstein or you are orthodox and still do the sucking circumcision.

Its well known you orthodox jews are the baby boom and welfare capital of the US.

Is it time to retake Gaza, news flash, you never had Gaza.

1396677522452.jpg

Most jews I can't stand even some in the Dem party. Why does Israel still need aid, when are you going to become independent. Jews lie steal, and Jews killed to take the land in the first place, the real Jews are nothing but Canaanites, you are pathetic. Jews also used white phosphate bombs in 2014, chemicals.
You have SOOOO gotten off the topic.

Why do the Arab countries need aid?
Africa?

Most of the world needs aid.

Israel gives as much or more than it receives.

But, hey, your Jew hatred colors everything you see about Jews and Israel.

So, who cares what you have to say about ending what is happening in Gaza, when YOU do not care. As you have said absolutely Nothing to help the people in Gaza to put an end to their endless need for aid.

Israel built a country by the sweat of their work.

The Arabs want to steal all of them by murdering all the Jews.

The Jews will continue to choose to live in peace in their own country and attempt to aid the people in Gaza with the tons of trucks which go through every day. Things which are stolen by Hamas to use for themselves and against Israel.

An end must come to the war from Gaza against Israel which started in 1920.

And of course, all you can do is "Blame the Jews".

Forum List

Back