Is it time for a revamp of the rules?

BackAgain

Neutronium Member & truth speaker #StopBrandon
Nov 11, 2021
Now a resident of a Red state! Hallelujah!
Recently, there have been a few posts reciting one of the rules about mod actions. One of them caught my eye. The one that says in effect, “thou shalt not discuss banned members.” This is antiquated I believe because the Board no longer tells anyone (other than the member who has been banned) who is away to the Land of the Banned.

Now, since the Board rules themselves seem to require another kind of ‘convention of the states,’ wouldn’t it make sense to address other glitches, too? For example, if a member (let’s say member “L”) has a mysterious an unidentified mod (let’s say mod “?”) issue a ban against him, “L” can’t direct the question of “why” to “?” because banned members lose the ability to sign-in. If “L” can’t even sign in, then “L” can’t find out from “?” or any other mod what the alleged rule violation was. Likewise “L” can’t ask “?” for a reconsideration, nor can “L” ask any group of mods to make a ruling (like an appeals) panel.

Maybe other members have other issues with the rules? Discussion might help make this a “more perfect” board.

I asked about a rule awhile back and was told "we really don't even enforce that rule". I suppose a revamp of rules not enforced would be good.

The one rule suggestion I would have for this forum is that for any particular poster, one mod cannot account for the overwhelming majority of their infractions.

Any claims being made about mods being limited in their abilities, or only acting to enforce rules is made a lie when nearly all of any given poster's infractions are by one moderator.

Moderation is so loose around here I often wonder just how much of a jackass do you have to be to get banned? I'm not really complaining but I've been on some boards that would have banned half the people here at one time or another and still some seem to chafe under what rules there are.

Moderation is so loose around here I often wonder just how much of a jackass do you have to be to get banned? I'm not really complaining but I've been on some boards that would have banned half the people here at one time or another and still some seem to chafe under what rules there are.
Only way you get banned is when you act totally retarded and even then a permanent banning take a lot to do and has to have other mods to authorize it…

As for the board being relaxed, that is true but never think they are not watching us and counting how many times we have been naughty…

Another way to get banned at least on a thread is to Hit the Disagree button more than 6 times a day on a single user, Mind you you can use the Thank button as many times as you like. If you cannot use the disagree button why even have it?

Another wway to get banned at least on a thread is to Hit the Disagree button nor than 6 times a day on a single user, Mind you you can use the Thank button as many times as you like. If you cannot use the disagree button why even have it?
Sounds like they are trying to discourage assholes from stalking other users around the board. I've quit a couple of boards that let members conduct personal vendettas.

Sounds like they are trying to discourage assholes from stalking other users around the board. I've quit a couple of boards that let members conduct personal vendettas.
So if someone post dumb shit you are not allowed to disagree with them. If that is the case eliminate the Disagree button

Another way to get banned at least on a thread is to Hit the Disagree button more than 6 times a day on a single user, Mind you you can use the Thank button as many times as you like. If you cannot use the disagree button why even have it?
I know there was a rule regarding using the laugh button as a way to ridicule a post more than 6 times in one day, bit didn't know it covered disagree as well.

I had over 20 postings of mine in a single thread ridiculed by one poster who did just that a couple of years back, but the poster is a mod, so nothing came of it.

I know there was a rule regarding using the laugh button as a way to ridicule a post more than 6 times in one day, bit didn't know it covered disagree as well.

I had over 20 postings of mine in a single thread ridiculed by one poster who did just that a couple of years back, but the poster is a mod, so nothing came of it.
I can believe that the mods ignore rules at their descretion

Recently, there have been a few posts reciting one of the rules about mod actions. One of them caught my eye. The one that says in effect, “thou shalt not discuss banned members.” This is antiquated I believe because the Board no longer tells anyone (other than the member who has been banned) who is away to the Land of the Banned.

Now, since the Board rules themselves seem to require another kind of ‘convention of the states,’ wouldn’t it make sense to address other glitches, too? For example, if a member (let’s say member “L”) has a mysterious an unidentified mod (let’s say mod “?”) issue a ban against him, “L” can’t direct the question of “why” to “?” because banned members lose the ability to sign-in. If “L” can’t even sign in, then “L” can’t find out from “?” or any other mod what the alleged rule violation was. Likewise “L” can’t ask “?” for a reconsideration, nor can “L” ask any group of mods to make a ruling (like an appeals) panel.

Maybe other members have other issues with the rules? Discussion might help make this a “more perfect” board.
On the one other board I have used the most, until I was totally banned, I could at least read and react to posts, if not post a response, and talk to mods, as well as PM with other posters.

I want this here.

Let me guess................................

I'll never understand you people who would be just fine never hearing another contradictory opinion. I will continue to grace you with my presence because preaching to the choir is boring.
"You people".

Says something significant. I think it's a phrase you use frequently.

Forum List

Back