Is it sexist to obsess over a female TV reporter's beauty?

Stormy Daniels

Gold Member
Mar 19, 2018
Visual appeal is a major driving force behind who gets hired to be on television. So much so that it can override anything else at times.

Let's start with the example of Alli Raffa.

Allie-Raffa.jpg

This woman is a knockout. She's truly an exceptional and rare beauty. I wonder, would she be on the NBC News payroll if she had Kelly Osborne's face? Is there any amount of intelligence, skill, or journalistic excellence that would overcome such a face to land her in exactly the same place in her career at exactly the same time? How much ineptitude is forgiven in by her employer for the sake of being able to have this face on their airwaves?

Let's look at another face in the NBC news world.

tur.png

Katy Tur is beautiful woman. I've seen her on TV plenty of times and even have followed her on Twitter at one point for a while, and she seems like she's probably a perfectly nice person. But she's not exactly a rocket scientist. She stumbles on her words at times on TV. She doesn't really conduct meaningful interviews. I don't think she really says an original thought and largely says whatever is fed to her on a teleprompter or that her producer tells her through her earpiece. Would she be in her job with Kelly Osborne's face? I doubt it.

There's a reason I'm focusing on the NBC News sphere. Liberals claim to champion women's equality and empowerment. And NBC News seems to really put that into action by seemingly favoring female anchors. But how is this not actually sexist?

If women are going to reduced to their beauty on TV, then shouldn't it be perfectly OK to constantly see these women as nothing more than a hot piece of ass?

Visual appeal is a major driving force behind who gets hired to be on television. So much so that it can override anything else at times.

Allie-Raffa.jpg

This woman is a knockout. She's truly an exceptional and rare beauty. I wonder, would she be on the NBC News payroll if she had Kelly Osborne's face? Is there any amount of intelligence, skill, or journalistic excellence that would overcome such a face to land her in exactly the same place in her career at exactly the same time? How much ineptitude is forgiven in by her employer for the sake of being able to have this face on their airwaves?

tur.png

Katy Tur is beautiful woman. I've seen her on TV plenty of times and even have followed her on Twitter at one point for a while, and she seems like she's probably a perfectly nice person. But she's not exactly a rocket scientist. She stumbles on her words at times on TV. She doesn't really conduct meaningful interviews. I don't think she really says an original thought and largely says whatever is fed to her on a teleprompter or that her producer tells her through her earpiece. Would she be in her job with Kelly Osborne's face? I doubt it.

There's a reason I'm focusing on the NBC News sphere. Liberals claim to champion women's equality and empowerment. And NBC News seems to really put that into action by seemingly favoring female anchors. But how is this not actually sexist?

If women are going to reduced to their beauty on TV, then shouldn't it be perfectly OK to constantly see these women as nothing more than a hot piece of ass?
What is political about the OP?

Allie-Raffa.jpg

tur.png

Just curious, are you a lesbian? (Assuming that Stormy Daniels is a female persona)?

Allie-Raffa.jpg

This woman is a knockout. She's truly an exceptional and rare beauty. ....

Meh. Meh at best. And it seems rather unhealthy to be obsessing over some news reader on television. There are lots of great real women out in the real world.

Not necessarily sexist.

Would say it’s human. Depends on how far one takes “obsess”.

Not necessarily sexist.

Would say it’s human. Depends on how far one takes “obsess”.

By "obsess" I mean to reduce woman to her physical appearance and attractiveness and define her based on that, to the exclusion of her other traits. You know, what liberals would normally say is sexist, but appears to be okay when their favorite news outlets do it.

Allie-Raffa.jpg

tur.png

Who are these women and why should I care?

BTW. I found Allie Raffa works for Fox New sand has for 6 years.

I don't think woman number 2 is particularly attractive. Her teeth are fake and she is pushing 40. The worst flaw was her relationship with Keith Olbermann. That kind of ugly goes all the way to the bone!

Forum List

Back