Is it Moral to steal

Is it Moral to steal one mans property to give to another man? Is it Moral to take MORE of one man's property because he has more, than another man's property for the common good?

Is it Moral to force those that can work and will work to pay for those that refuse to work?
Is it moral to be self-centered? Is it moral to not care about our fellow human beings?

RGS, what does the Bible tell you about being selfish? What does the Bible tell you about charity?

It appears you think money = freedom.
If so, wouldn't taking money be taking away freedoms?

What if it doesn't appear that midcan thinks money equals freedom? You've accused him of it but have you proved it yet or are you just going to make an assumption and then build your strawman on your assumption?

If you think that progressive tax scales are immoral then explain why they are.

Giving money to bludgers who won't work is a separate policy issue.

It's not necessarily separate. If it wasn't for all the taxes, there wouldn't be nearly as much money to be giving to those bludgers.

Is it moral to be self-centered? Is it moral to not care about our fellow human beings?

RGS, what does the Bible tell you about being selfish? What does the Bible tell you about charity?

There's a HUGE difference between being selfish and not wanting to give for charity purposes, and being FORCED to give to others.

If I want to give, I'll give, and I have done so. But it is NOT moral to FORCE someone to take money out of their pocket and give it to another.

I think you've seen Robin Hood one too many times.

Last edited:
There's a HUGE difference between being selfish and not wanting to give for charity purposes, and being FORCED to give to others.

If I want to give, I'll give, and I have done so. But it is NOT moral to FORCE someone to take money out of their pocket and give it to another.

I think you've seen Robin Hood one too many times.

Do you pay taxes? The answer is yes. That money funds the war, funds mercenaries, funds dysfunctional bureaucracies, and a very small portion (comparably) goes to welfare.

You guys should stop bitching about helping poor people and start doing something to end war profiteering.

The bible says "Thou shalt not steal".

It has lots to say about charity amongst church members. It is 100% silent about charity being the job of Caesar. This is a modern notion that was wholly absent from ideas of what governments should or shouldn't do, until pretty recently, when Das Kapital was written.

Do you pay taxes? The answer is yes. That money funds the war, funds mercenaries, funds dysfunctional bureaucracies, and a very small portion (comparably) goes to welfare.

You guys should stop bitching about helping poor people and start doing something to end war profiteering.

Quite right. Our meddling overseas consumes more money than welfare does (using a narrow definition of welfare, not including SS and medicare), and kills people. However, some of us are against both.

Last edited:
Quite right. Our meddling overseas consumes more money than welfare does (using a narrow definition of welfare, not including SS and medicare), and kills people. However, some of us are against both.

Taxes are necessary to run our government. I think we can all agree that how the money is spent should be something we can vote on.

Taxes are necessary to run our government. I think we can all agree that how the money is spent should be something we can vote on.

Starting with that vote on the size of our government. Trim THAT down to proper size and we won't need to have so much boosted out of our wallets to fund it.

Or how about those Congressional salaries along with the perks? We pay for them to live like barons and what do they accomplish? Nothing. They can't even get a budget they know is due at the end of every fiscal year hammered out on time.

But at least they're saving us from MLB players using steroids. Thank God THAT threat to our national existence and way of life is under investigation.

Starting with that vote on the size of our government. Trim THAT down to proper size and we won't need to have so much boosted out of our wallets to fund it.

Or how about those Congressional salaries along with the perks? We pay for them to live like barons and what do they accomplish? Nothing. They can't even get a budget they know is due at the end of every fiscal year hammered out on time.

But at least they're saving us from MLB players using steroids. Thank God THAT threat to our national existence and way of life is under investigation.
I am all for term limits, salary decreases and removing of wasteful bureaucracies.

It is never moral to steal, if you ever find yourself in a quandary, call it by another name, share, borrow, commandeer:cool: Anything for the greater good can be morally justified, the greater often rename the deed:eusa_angel:

Am I good or what?

Taxes provide for our freedoms ??? Please explain and include how much tax you paid to speak freely.

Freedom requires a social situation, if I say I am free it means that I understand that someone else is not free or freedom has restraints. There is no natural freedom. I cannot do anything. Taxes provide for the social situation in which I can freely do things. I can go through green light, I can buy some product knowing it is safe, I can invest in some stock or bond. I can do things because my taxes provide the situation in which I can do these things. I am free also not to do them, I could put my money in my mattress, but it is the state that issues the money I can put in the mattress. All these things operate through my taxes.

"The fact, in short, is that freedom, to be meaningful in an organized society must consist of an amalgam of hierarchy of freedoms and restraints." Samuel Hendel

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/50799-is-freedom-real.html

Freedom requires a social situation, if I say I am free it means that I understand that someone else is not free or freedom has restraints. There is no natural freedom. I cannot do anything. Taxes provide for the social situation in which I can freely do things. I can go through green light, I can buy some product knowing it is safe, I can invest in some stock or bond. I can do things because my taxes provide the situation in which I can do these things. I am free also not to do them, I could put my money in my mattress, but it is the state that issues the money I can put in the mattress. All these things operate through my taxes.

"The fact, in short, is that freedom, to be meaningful in an organized society must consist of an amalgam of hierarchy of freedoms and restraints." Samuel Hendel

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/50799-is-freedom-real.html

Profound.

stealing is immoral, though some may find it necessary to survive.

For what it is worth....

According to the Bible, if a man steals food to eat to save himself from being hungry and starving... from another man's farm, it is NOT considered stealing....regardless of our manmade laws, to steal to feed yourself or your family from another who has plenty, IS NOT STEALING.....when i read this, at first it surprised me but then after contemplating, it made sense.

However, if a man steals from another man's farm and goes in to market and sells the stuff he stole instead of using it for his own nurishing or the nurishing of his immediate family, then IT IS considered STEALING....

care

Is it Moral to steal one mans property to give to another man? Is it Moral to take MORE of one man's property because he has more, than another man's property for the common good?

Is it Moral to force those that can work and will work to pay for those that refuse to work?
Who is refusing to work? Who are you speaking about.....single mothers with young children to rear alone? Or the Father of the single mother's child, who refuses to work?

so the answer is, it depends....everything is NOT just black and white.

care

Who is refusing to work? Who are you speaking about.....single mothers with young children to rear alone? Or the Father of the single mother's child, who refuses to work?

so the answer is, it depends....everything is NOT just black and white.

care

I think he has trouble articulating at times, as we all do, try and read between the lines with him.:lol:

Yeah, traditionally the biggest threat to the freedoms of americans, by far, has been the american government.

it's funny when conservatives play the "im more moral than you" game considering their outright lack of regard for fellow humans. It's the same kind of irony that allows "christians" to support bombing the shit out of muslims.

Forum List

Back