Is it me or are street smart people very stupid?

Like i know a guy who is street smart and one time i mentioned nostradamus, he said nostra thomas and one time i mentioned the crusades and he thought i was talking about someone's name.

Intellectualism should be important, instead of people being dumbasses.
interdasting.jpg

Like i know a guy who is street smart and one time i mentioned nostradamus, he said nostra thomas and one time i mentioned the crusades and he thought i was talking about someone's name. Intellectualism should be important, instead of people being dumbasses.

Maybe the real problem here is just that all your friends are idiots. :smoke:

Like i know a guy who is street smart and one time i mentioned nostradamus, he said nostra thomas and one time i mentioned the crusades and he thought i was talking about someone's name.

I deal daily with people who consider themselves "street smart" and their lives are examples of being just the opposite. The fact that I typically have to deal with them in the process of an arrest is proof.

That being said, there are many types of knowledge. The ability to navigate yourself through life successfully, without assistance, is a good example of intelligence.

A farmer who can calculate how much seed to plant, how much fertilizer to add, how to optimize his yield, fight insect pests and microscopic diseases and get that crop to market for the best possible price possesses a breadth of knowledge greater than anyone whose only claim to fame is being able to quote Homer.

How many people today can tune a car, can vegetables, build good-looking, quality furniture with their own hands? I would consider these people to be just as intelligent as anyone who can name all the Pokemon.

Knowing the name of Nostradamus should be common, but useless knowledge. But, anyone who knows much about Nostradamus would be wasting their intellect to pay his prognostications any attention. There is more to intelligence than gathering useless knowledge.

Most folks in America don’t even know what the Declaration of Independence is ??

90 percent of humans never have even pondered things like why is the sky blue , what is a rainbow, what causes the sunset etc

Forum List

Back