Is it me or are street smart people very stupid?

metalwolf

Platinum Member
Oct 21, 2020
Like i know a guy who is street smart and one time i mentioned nostradamus, he said nostra thomas and one time i mentioned the crusades and he thought i was talking about someone's name.

Intellectualism should be important, instead of people being dumbasses.

Like i know a guy who is street smart and one time i mentioned nostradamus, he said nostra thomas and one time i mentioned the crusades and he thought i was talking about someone's name.

I am not sure Nostradamus is intellectualism. He is only a step up from the women who used to huff sulfuric smoke from the volcanoes and call themselves seers.

Well, in fairness, the two examples you use are related to a historical figure and a historical event. You could speak to Einstein on any number of such events and he may not understand the reference. It doesn't ensure a street wary gentleman lacks intellect.

For me, critical thinking is a vital quality lacking in the world. We also lack Renaissance Men. Society is rewarding the watering down of society or singular minded pursuits. It's not a judgement per se but an observation, just consider Reality TV or auto tune music (lazy and uninspiring).

My question is somewhat different, Where are the "worlds most interesting people"?

That depends on what you mean by "street smart." Do you mean people who spend a lot of time living, hanging out, or working on urban streets, like pimps, crack whores, robbers, muggers, drug dealers, and "community organizers"?

Because they're actually not that smart. They're just lazy people who've found out ways to game the system and get over on people. Occasionally one of them will even get so lucky that he ends up in political power, like that one "community organizer" did back in 2008. Not even Nostradamus could have seen that one coming.

I know many a dumbass with an education. Many.

It's almost the worst realization too. A guy with an advanced degree who doesn't possess a creative thought of his own. I always think of my university years and there were far too many types who were eerily similar to the guy in Goodwill Hunting who is confronted by Matt Damon regarding his regurgitation of textbooks.

The guys response was smug but cruelly true "and you'll be serving my kids fries at a drive-through on our way to a skiing trip". In Canadas enforced cast system this is particular accurate and a soul destroying reality of our system. From the cradle to the grave.

"Street people" is almost as broad a category as say... fish.

Homeless people are homeless for a lot of reasons- not all having anything to do with "smarts"

There used to be this guy that sat on a bench outside Walmart. His clothes were odd and nothing matched. He wasn't dirty, but always a bit - tousled looking. He had everything he owned with him in trash bags. People avoided him. Were maybe scared of him because he talked when no one was there.

But I had short breaks and wanted a cig, so I started sitting with and talking with him. He was one of the most brilliant human beings I've ever met. He used to be a professor at the college over yonder but his mind got away from him and he lost it all. He wasn't always all there, but when he was, he was fascinating.

But there were a lot of dummy's around too, so meh.

That depends on what you mean by "street smart." Do you mean people who spend a lot of time living, hanging out, or working on urban streets, like pimps, crack whores, robbers, muggers, drug dealers, and "community organizers"?

Because they're actually not that smart. They're just lazy people who've found out ways to game the system and get over on people. Occasionally one of them will even get so lucky that he ends up in political power, like that one "community organizer" did back in 2008. Not even Nostradamus could have seen that one coming.

Yup.

This guy, used to be tough.

Like he would beat up people

I know guys who can build a house and not know who Nostradamus is.

wash your ears.... wash your reading glasses ..........soap and water :rolleyes-41:

Well i have scripted some lines of code in Second Life, a long time ago to make something like a clock and a follower script thingy.

Forum List

Back