Is it cool for a five time draft dodger to talk to military families about their sacrifice?

Is Military Times a good enough source? I think it is.........................

Military Times Poll: What you really think about Trump

President Donald Trump enjoys far stronger support among members of the military than the American public at large, according to the latest scientific Military Times poll.

Yet while Trump is especially popular among enlisted troops, officers have a much lower opinion of him.

And women and minorities in the ranks share similar skepticism.

Overall, about 44 percent of all troops surveyed in the Military Times poll have a favorable view of Trump, while roughly 40 percent have an unfavorable opinion of him. That’s a stark contrast to opinion polls of the general public, which have shown Trump’s popularity at less than 40 percent and an unfavorable rating as high as 56 percent.

Yet, the poll of more than 1,100 active-duty troops, conducted in September, shows a deep divide over service members’ opinions of the commander in chief, whose first nine months in office have been marked by military policies that have drawn both praise and concern from Pentagon leaders.

While almost 48 percent of enlisted troops approve of Trump, only about 30 percent of officers say the same, the poll shows.
No its not The Military Times is a subsidiary of the Gannett Company the same people who own USA Today and a number of other left leaning news organizations
Those who doubt TMT on military and DOD matters can be ignored.
Its owned by a civilian News organization.

Yes, it might be owned by a civilian news organization, but they still are accurate with the military news they report, as well as have stories written by active duty members. Sorry, but just because you don't want to believe it doesn't make it false.
TK, ABS is right, you are not. The service does not like Trump.

If it helps, TK, ABS was a careerist and I served active duty in Airborne Infantry for twelve years. We know what the service membership is thinking.
Yeah I served as well and the Military Times is a left leaning rag that's spent an inordinate amount of time slaming Trump they did not do the same during the Obama administration.

No its not The Military Times is a subsidiary of the Gannett Company the same people who own USA Today and a number of other left leaning news organizations

Yes, it might be owned by a civilian news organization, but they still are accurate with the military news they report, as well as have stories written by active duty members. Sorry, but just because you don't want to believe it doesn't make it false.

If it helps, TK, ABS was a careerist and I served active duty in Airborne Infantry for twelve years. We know what the service membership is thinking.
Neither of you know shit. The military is a different beast from 10 years ago.
Of course we do. You are out of touch. Take it up with TMT, which disagrees with your assessment.

You know, I understand that the Navy I served in has changed a great deal since I retired. Not only has my rating been merged with another one, but the way my job used to be done has been radically changed.

Doesn't change the fact that the Military Times took a poll, and those were the results. During the time I served, I trusted Navy Times and Military Times in their reporting, and I never caught them lying to me.

You know, I understand that the Navy I served in has changed a great deal since I retired. Not only has my rating been merged with another one, but the way my job used to be done has been radically changed.

Doesn't change the fact that the Military Times took a poll, and those were the results. During the time I served, I trusted Navy Times and Military Times in their reporting, and I never caught them lying to me.
That was before a left wing rag took over the times.

You may think that, but you certainly have no proof of that. Just because you disagree, RGS, does not mean that the MT and NT are left-wing. That's silly talk.

The officer corps despises Trump, and less than 45% of the NCO and enlisted ranks like him.
.......................:link:........................

A few pages back, I posted a link to Military Times that says that very thing. Go look for it if you need to.
I have post it elsewhere as well. I don't care if SM checks or not. Those who dislike Trump make up 52% of the enlisted and 70% of the officer ranks.

Yes, we have been an all volunteer military since 1974. However, Trump was dodging the draft BEFORE 1974. He didn't "choose to not be there", he actively dodged the draft.
Trump didn't "dodge the draft".

He had a college deferment and later a medical classification that made him unfit to be drafted.

He did nothing wrong. ... :cool:

No, Obama didn't "avoid" military service any more than anyone else has since we became an all volunteer service.
Did he volunteer? No
So basically he had the opportunity to join but he avoided that opportunity.

Last edited:
How is it not a spit in the eye?

He never sacrificed, and he passed tax cuts for himself and other billionaires while those families who sacrificed will have to foot the bill.

Is that because billionaires are special and deserve to be protected above all others?

How do you explain it?
He did heroically battle heel spurs

You may think that, but you certainly have no proof of that. Just because you disagree, RGS, does not mean that the MT and NT are left-wing. That's silly talk.
Their parent company also owns USA Today.

No, Obama didn't "avoid" military service any more than anyone else has since we became an all volunteer service.
Did he volunteer? No

So did approximately 29 percent of the population. Out of all the age eligible people who can join the military, only 30 percent of them are qualified. The rest are not qualified because of lack of education, too many convictions, positive drug test, not physically qualified for whatever reason, etc.

Out of those 30 percent of the population that are eligible to join? Only 1 percent of the country actually does serve.

When I was in foster care, I had a full ride for college waiting for me if I kept a B average. Well, things in the family happened, and I decided to run away and go back to live with my Grandparents for the last year of HS. Well, because I wasn't in the foster program anymore, my college chances evaporated because my Grandparents didn't have enough money to send me. So, about halfway through my Senior year, I enlisted in the DEP program, and was in boot camp 3 days after my 18th birthday. For me, the military ended up being a 20 year career and I retired. Probably one of the best things I ever did.

But, I also saw many people over the years that weren't compatible for military service. Obama got accepted to college and decided to go that route, so why fault him for not enlisting and becoming a lawyer?

And, since you're throwing stones at Obama for lack of military service, quick question......................how many years did YOU serve in the military?

Did he volunteer? No

So did approximately 29 percent of the population. Out of all the age eligible people who can join the military, only 30 percent of them are qualified. The rest are not qualified because of lack of education, too many convictions, positive drug test, not physically qualified for whatever reason, etc.

Out of those 30 percent of the population that are eligible to join? Only 1 percent of the country actually does serve.

When I was in foster care, I had a full ride for college waiting for me if I kept a B average. Well, things in the family happened, and I decided to run away and go back to live with my Grandparents for the last year of HS. Well, because I wasn't in the foster program anymore, my college chances evaporated because my Grandparents didn't have enough money to send me. So, about halfway through my Senior year, I enlisted in the DEP program, and was in boot camp 3 days after my 18th birthday. For me, the military ended up being a 20 year career and I retired. Probably one of the best things I ever did.

But, I also saw many people over the years that weren't compatible for military service. Obama got accepted to college and decided to go that route, so why fault him for not enlisting and becoming a lawyer?

And, since you're throwing stones at Obama for lack of military service, quick question......................how many years did YOU serve in the military?
We are not the ones whining about who served when THAT is the left in their ignorant attacks on Trump but nice attempt to change the subject.

Their parent company also owns USA Today.
So what? You are engaging in Alt Facts, making an accusation without any proof whatsoever. :) Until you can come up with factual, objective evidence, I will believe MT.

He never sacrificed, and he passed tax cuts for himself and other billionaires while those families who sacrificed will have to foot the bill.

Is that because billionaires are special and deserve to be protected above all others?

How do you explain it?
WOW now the Democrats are opposed draft deferments for college

How do you explain it?
WOW now the Democrats are opposed draft deferments for college
How did you conclude that?

Forum List

Back