Is Hillary Clinton Too Old To Be President?

WASHINGTON — Stuart Stevens, the top strategist for Mitt Romney’s presidential campaign, declared to an audience of reporters at a breakfast last month that electing Hillary Rodham Clinton would be like going back in time. “She’s been around since the ’70s,” he said.

At a conservative conference earlier in the year, Senator Mitch McConnell of Kentucky, the Republican leader, ridiculed the 2016 Democratic field as “a rerun of ‘The Golden Girls,’ ” referring to Mrs. Clinton and Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr., who is 70.

The 2016 election may be far off, but one theme is becoming clear: Republican strategists and presidential hopefuls, in ways subtle and overt, are eager to focus a spotlight on Mrs. Clinton’s age. The former secretary of state will be 69 by the next presidential election, a generation removed from most of the possible Republican candidates.

More: Republicans Paint Clinton as Old News for 2016 Presidential Election - The New York Times - By JONATHAN MARTIN

So, her age is all they got? Actually, that's a plus for her.

Ageism is an ugly, ugly thing. A HUGE contingency of voters in this country are the over 50s and the baby boomers. Hilary is one of them. She will bring out the liberal vote, the women's vote and the over 50s vote. Old news these days is the complete lack of awareness the Republican party has for what America wants in leadership and in governance. One thing we don't want is more prejudice and bigotry, including those who are ageist assholes.

Golly how insightful. (rolling eyes)

The over 50 folks vote, and we won't vote for Hillary because she is "over 50".

One thing we don't want is more prejudice and bigotry

Priceless.

Obama " Like a typical white person" (his grandmother)
" I couldn't help but think of him as a house ******." ( his grandfather)
"Bitter clingers to their guns and bibles."

You are an idiot.

she isn't too old but i do think her health would be an issue. we know she has had some challenges and i think its probably worse then we realize. I also think she carries a lot of unfavorable baggage from the last 7 years. she isn't the same person, with the same record and public image she had at the start of the 2008 campaign.

She was passed over for obama in 2008, big mistake IMO. her career since has not given her a more favorable position. if anything, it's weakend it.

While i disagree with most of her politics, i always thought she was a good politician. I think she would have been the right person in 2008. I would have voted for her over maccain. I don't believe she is the right person now. she is not the right person for our situation today.

WASHINGTON — Stuart Stevens, the top strategist for Mitt Romney’s presidential campaign, declared to an audience of reporters at a breakfast last month that electing Hillary Rodham Clinton would be like going back in time. “She’s been around since the ’70s,” he said.

At a conservative conference earlier in the year, Senator Mitch McConnell of Kentucky, the Republican leader, ridiculed the 2016 Democratic field as “a rerun of ‘The Golden Girls,’ ” referring to Mrs. Clinton and Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr., who is 70.

The 2016 election may be far off, but one theme is becoming clear: Republican strategists and presidential hopefuls, in ways subtle and overt, are eager to focus a spotlight on Mrs. Clinton’s age. The former secretary of state will be 69 by the next presidential election, a generation removed from most of the possible Republican candidates.

More: Republicans Paint Clinton as Old News for 2016 Presidential Election - The New York Times - By JONATHAN MARTIN

So, her age is all they got? Actually, that's a plus for her.

Ageism is an ugly, ugly thing. A HUGE contingency of voters in this country are the over 50s and the baby boomers. Hilary is one of them. She will bring out the liberal vote, the women's vote and the over 50s vote. Old news these days is the complete lack of awareness the Republican party has for what America wants in leadership and in governance. One thing we don't want is more prejudice and bigotry, including those who are ageist assholes.

you're an idiot, we get it you a liberal groupthink lover. To you politics is all about identity politics, everyone person in a group thinks the same, then you call us racist? Jesus you dont even know what the word means, it's just an attack by liberals because their policies suck more ass than Harvey Milk.

I suspect the dems will have problems with their base because of the NSA stuff. The partisan bickering is one thing, and absolutely the gopers in congress feigned surprise, and even outrage, are lying whores. But, I really suspect young voters more than others find this objectionable, and Hill will have to run as an insider. BushI got elected running as Reagan. Gore prolly would have won, and esp won WV, running as Slick. For the dems to win in 2016, they have to run on Obama's record. Of course, the gop may simply concede national elections for a decade or more, so there's a wildcard in this.

I suspect the dems will have problems with their base because of the NSA stuff. The partisan bickering is one thing, and absolutely the gopers in congress feigned surprise, and even outrage, are lying whores. But, I really suspect young voters more than others find this objectionable, and Hill will have to run as an insider. BushI got elected running as Reagan. Gore prolly would have won, and esp won WV, running as Slick. For the dems to win in 2016, they have to run on Obama's record. Of course, the gop may simply concede national elections for a decade or more, so there's a wildcard in this.

oh please please have the dems run on obama's record in 2016. if they do that the GOP will control the whitehouse and both houses of congress.

obama has no record but failure and lying, yeah, please run on that.

Forum List

Back