Is Hillary Clinton Too Old To Be President?

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
WASHINGTON — Stuart Stevens, the top strategist for Mitt Romney’s presidential campaign, declared to an audience of reporters at a breakfast last month that electing Hillary Rodham Clinton would be like going back in time. “She’s been around since the ’70s,” he said.

At a conservative conference earlier in the year, Senator Mitch McConnell of Kentucky, the Republican leader, ridiculed the 2016 Democratic field as “a rerun of ‘The Golden Girls,’ ” referring to Mrs. Clinton and Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr., who is 70.

The 2016 election may be far off, but one theme is becoming clear: Republican strategists and presidential hopefuls, in ways subtle and overt, are eager to focus a spotlight on Mrs. Clinton’s age. The former secretary of state will be 69 by the next presidential election, a generation removed from most of the possible Republican candidates.

More: Republicans Paint Clinton as Old News for 2016 Presidential Election - The New York Times - By JONATHAN MARTIN

So, her age is all they got? Actually, that's a plus for her.

October 21, 1984: In the second presidential debate with candidate Walter Mondale, Reagan was grilled over his age by Henry "Hank" Trewhitt of the Baltimore Sun. "You already are the oldest President in history, and some of your staff say you were tired after your most recent encounter with Mr. Mondale. I recall, yes, that President Kennedy, who had to go for days on end with very little sleep during the Cuba missile crisis. Is there any doubt in your mind that you would be able to function in such circumstances?" Reagan replied, "Not at all, Mr. Trewhitt and I want you to know that also I will not make age an issue of this campaign. I am not going to exploit for political purposes my opponent's youth and inexperience." Trewhitt responded, "Mr. President, I'd like to head for the fence and try to catch that one before it goes over."

Mondale lost.

#8 - My opponent's youth and inexperience | Ronald Reagan's 10 best quotes | Deseret News

Hillary had things locked up in 2008 until the DNC and some so-called friends stabbed her in the back.

Now, if she runs in 2016, how will the DNC behave this time? How about her so-called friends?

To this day, Howard Dean and Donna Brazile make me want to puke.

I'm ready!

I'd like to see her run. Hillary doesn't fuck around and she is VERY savvy with foreign affairs.
But, I don't think she has any interest in running.

Liberals have used age discrimination for as long as I can remember.

Now you're pissed b/c the gop is using it against one of your own?

:lol:

People that live in glass houses....
Do unto others....

ahhh, gotta love fresh warm hypocrassy mmmmmm

c'mon now... she ain't all that old...

btw... even though her politics and mine are diametrically opposed,

I've always had the hots for Hillary ever since she arrived on the national scene more'n 20 years ago...

would still love nothing more than to fuck her brains out...

and if she runs in 2016, I wouldn't vote for her... but, given the opportunity, I'd still wanna fuck her brains out... :)

Sad cop out on why people that disagree with her politics are doing so because of age and no other reason.

I've always had the hots for Hillary ever since she arrived on the national scene more'n 20 years ago...

and if she runs in 2016, I wouldn't vote for her... but, given the opportunity, I'd still wanna fuck her brains out... :)

Dude, you need help!

Age isn't Hillary's problem. Lack of experience combined with lack of any achievement is her problem. Added to that is her hard core left wing views that have been a disaster for this country so far.

What difference does it make?

Benghazi is her Chappaquiddick

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Dude, you need help!

Age isn't Hillary's problem. Lack of experience combined with lack of any achievement is her problem. Added to that is her hard core left wing views that have been a disaster for this country so far.

dude... go back and reread my post...

I didn't say I'd vote for her...

I only said that, given the opportunity, I'd fuck her brains out...

big difference... :)

Hillary had things locked up in 2008 until the DNC and some so-called friends stabbed her in the back.

Now, if she runs in 2016, how will the DNC behave this time? How about her so-called friends?

To this day, Howard Dean and Donna Brazile make me want to puke.

Hillary's failure is no one's fault but Hillary's.

You know why Hillary lost in 2008? because she didn't have a game plan after Super Tuesday.

She won every super Tuesday state except IL (Obama's home state), and then she had nothing. No state organizations in the follow up states. This allowed Obama to creep up on her in Delegates.

Now, I think the real problem Hillary had in 2008 is that a lot of Democrats in the rank and file concluded that if they elected Clinton, you'd have the same level of Ken Starr crazy bullshit you had when her husband was in.

In short, they didn't want the drama.

Except with Obama they got the Drama anyway. Obama makes the Right Wing crazier than Clinton ever did.

Republicans will nibble around the ages about her age and her looks

Losing proposition in any case

Republicans will nibble around the ages about her age and her looks

Losing proposition in any case

I wouldn't make too hasty a generalization.

We have 45% who are going to vote Democrat, no matter what, and 45% who will vote republican, no matter what.

That last 10% votes on who they feel most comfortable with.

Hillary will not have Obama's ability to bring out the vote of key Democrat constituencies and she does tend to grate on people.

She's enjoyed new respectability because as Secretary of State, she's been kind of above politics.

But if she has to get into a contest throwing elbows about abortion and health care and taxes, I'm not sure she will come off as well.

Two more points. Like it or not, we do seem to be on an 8 year cycle. Have been pretty much since Ike. Your party gets two terms. Then we give the other guys a shot. That helps the GOP immensely.

Second- things will really depend on what the economy is like. McCain in theory should have gotten a lot of Democratic votes, and if the economy wasn't in the shitter in 2008, he might have won. If we have another recession before 2016, it's going to severely weaken the Democrat.

Forum List

Back