Is Herman Cain performance art? Rachel Maddow seems to think so..

Cain won't be the nominee, i don't get why he's getting so much focus.......

I agree. It is pretty amazing how he's come for obscurity, to the guy everyone is focused on. I like the guy, and he does strike a cord. Watching the first primary debate, i didn't even know who he was, I think its a testament to him. Having said that, he will not be the nominee.

So a white left wing pop-culture chick thinks a Black man is less than a man and just ...performance art? Racism is just as alive in the left wing world as it was in the 1860's and the 1960's.

Where do you get that from?

Cain's campaign has been bizzare. She's comparing it to Carl Paladino. Paladino wasn't black.

I get it from the opinion of a left wing pop chick who seems to think a Black man is ...performance art rather than a legitimate politician.

The guy is just bizarre. It's comedy gold. :dunno:

And clearly you're not a supporter but the amount of support (in some cases maniacal) is a pretty good barometer of how Republicans think.

And clearly you're not a supporter but the amount of support (in some cases maniacal) is a pretty good barometer of how Republicans think.

If you find that to be comedic gold you really should get out more. And republicans aren't so much supporting him as they are defending him from idiots like you.

An interesting take.

She pointed out that Hermain Cain closed the first debate with a line he quoted from "a great poet" but was really from a verse of the first Pokemon movie theme song.

Herman Cain had no idea what the "right of return" was..but fudged it anyway and said it had to be negotiated (By the way..this will definitely lose the one-issue jewish vote in Florida and New York).

Herman Cain's commercials are bizzare to say the least.

Herman Cain 999 plan may have come from the SimCity video game. And his court settlement on the sexual harrassment suit was on 9/99. He also had a chapter in his book called something like "The number 45 is is favorite number". That equals nine.

He had a bizzare interview on FOX about abortion..which left the FOX interviewers with their mouth's open.

He noted that he will be doing a book tour during the campaign.

He said he was a "Koch brother from another mother".

She compared it to the Carl Paladino campaign in New York...which was in itself really nuts. But I thought that was more an example of a rich guy meltdown..and an indulgent Republican party.

But what the heck..it may explain alot!

That said..I really hope he gets the nod! :lol:

What blows me away is that Cain hired a guy who was kicked out of Wisconsin politics for illegally funneling money to a campaign to be his campaign manager.

Then the first thing he does with the Cain campaign is funnel money from the Koch brothers non profit Americans for Prosperity to the Cain campaign.

Which is a felony.

Somebody's going to jail.

I get it from the opinion of a left wing pop chick who seems to think a Black man is ...performance art rather than a legitimate politician.
Cain would be ridiculous to anyone, regardless his race.

And republicans aren't so much supporting him as they are defending him from idiots like you.

Why idiotic?

The criticism of Cain is legitimate, based upon what he says: from refusing to hire Muslims in his administration, to the relying on ‘advisors’ to make international policy decisions, the naïve and idiotic ‘9 9 9 plan,’ and his bizarre comments about abortion.

Cain is his own worst enemy, he as only himself to blame.

If you find that to be comedic gold you really should get out more. And republicans aren't so much supporting him as they are defending him from idiots like you.

:rolleyes:

Whatever, you know I'm right.

"Wheeling and dealing"

"57 states"

"My uncle "liberated auschwitz"

"Gets some um breathalizer um treatment focus some get um, yeah I'm fired up"

"Americans are bitter aways clinging to their gun and religion"

"Hitler had a good idea with the brown shirts, we should start that here".

"I am for a single payer system"

"My grandma is a typical scared white person"

When does life begin? That's above my pay grade, but I'm pro-choice anyways"

You forgot "Selma got me born" (ummmm, no, it didn't. Do the math) :lol: That's my absolute total favorite Obama Bullshit.

Honey.... you have an opinion... to which you are entitled. But to claim that opinion as 'fact' (which you do by saying you are 'right') is fucking moronic. Just sayin'.

"Wheeling and dealing"

"57 states"

"My uncle "liberated auschwitz"

"Gets some um breathalizer um treatment focus some get um, yeah I'm fired up"

"Americans are bitter aways clinging to their gun and religion"

"Hitler had a good idea with the brown shirts, we should start that here".

"I am for a single payer system"

"My grandma is a typical scared white person"

When does life begin? That's above my pay grade, but I'm pro-choice anyways"
You were supposed to ignore those gems of insight of the Community organizer.:eusa_shhh:

These aren't flubs. The entire campaign has been absolutely absurd. Lots of people are scratching their heads. He's done several very odd commercials. In debates he has these canned answers that if you dare to drill down on..become empty and without any substance whatsoever. Ask him anything he doesn't know something about and he either answers with the generic "We have to analyze it" or gets combative and says "I wasn't expecting these questions" or "You are asking the wrong questions".

You're going to send someone like that to a G20 conference? How about negotiating with China? Or Russia? Or just about anything?

Personally, I don't think it's performance art. But I don't think it's serious. It's half bucking for a FOX news spot and half trying to sell books. I think Cain would be scared shitless if it became a real campaign..and he would probably throw it. Like Paladino did.

Honey.... you have an opinion... to which you are entitled. But to claim that opinion as 'fact' (which you do by saying you are 'right') is fucking moronic. Just sayin'.

It's my opinion that he's bizarre? Or it's my opinion that he provides comedy gold?

Methinks you're being a touch sensitive by insisting I identify those as 'Opinions.' When subjective statements such as those are stated it goes without saying that they're opinions. It's implied.

It's my opinion that he's bizarre? Or it's my opinion that he provides comedy gold?

Methinks you're being a touch sensitive by insisting I identify those as 'Opinions.' When subjective statements such as those are stated it goes without saying that they're opinions. It's implied.

i think anyone who thinks someone who calls uzbekistan "uz bekki bekki bekki stan stan" and prides himself on being ignorant is qualified to be president is merely stating an opinion, too.

so there ya go.

i think anyone who thinks someone who calls uzbekistan "uz bekki bekki bekki stan stan" and prides himself on being ignorant is qualified to be president is merely stating an opinion, too.

so there ya go.

It's my opinion that Cali's assessment of my post (that I 'Claim[ed] that opinion as fact') is also rather bizarre.

so there ya go.

And this is what I don't get. He's not a "real" politician. And he makes no bones about it. He's never been elected to anything and if you drill down on his record, his "qualifications" seem to be "He's good at math". What the heck does that help with? He's good at math and was able to test ballistics for the navy. Great. Made for some great charts to buttress research in the development of munitiions. Great. Made for a good plan in order to turn a crappy pizza company profitable again, by cutting labor and going for cheaper ingredients.

He has no history of getting consenus. No history of tackling big problems that have nothing to do with math. He failed before when he ran for various offices.

At least Bush won something. And knew a little bit about politics. And HE turned out to be an absolute disaster as a President. 9/11 is what failure really looks like. TARP is what failure really looks like. Market crashes are what failure really looks like. Iraq is what a failure really looks like. Afghanistan is what a failure really looks like.

It's atrocious Republicans keep sending this sort of non-politician, politicians into the fray. Because the results are horrible if they wind up winning. Like the 2010 house race.

i like rachel (i'm sure that shocks you). but i kind of hope cain is performance art. i'd hate to think a real person running for president would say "uz beki beki beki stan stan" instead of uzbekistan just to celebrate ignorance.

I like Rachel too. It's hard not to like smart, funny women. I also agree with you that I hope Cain is performance art but, unfortunately, I don't think he is. That was Trump.

Comedians everywhere are praying for Herman Cain to get the nomination. As funny as it would be to watch a Cain/Obama debate, it would also be a complete embarrassment on the world stage.

I hope Cain's run for President nets him higher speaking fees...what he was really after in the first place. He's a "likable guy" which should make him a comfortable living, but it doesn't make him qualified to be President.

Forum List

Back