Is God competent or incompetent?

GreatestIam

VIP Member
Jan 12, 2012

We are told in scriptures that evil begets evil and good begets good. God, as our creator, according to scriptures, creates us all as sinners, which many see as evil.

God can thus be seen and judged as being the original sinner since the fruits of his labor (us) went bad or are born bad. A tree is known by its fruits. What else could come from a sinner tree but sin?

I give God a fail on competence for the following reasons.

God created heaven that produced Satan. Fail.

God created Eden which produced Original Sin. Fail.

God had to reboot creation with Noah’s flood. Fail.

God sent his son to forgive mankind instead of stepping up himself. Fail, for moral reasons.

God also had to create hell for his rejects which scriptures say will be the vast majority of us. Fail.

Jesus said we would know his people by their works and deeds and if we believe that, then the Christian God would obviously be rejected by Jesus and agree with my fail judgement.

Do you agree?

Regards

DL

yes

Competent to believers

incompetent to non-believers

God sent his son to forgive mankind instead of stepping up himself. Fail, for moral reasons.

God also had to create hell for his rejects which scriptures say will be the vast majority of us. Fail.
In his image and likeness..... show me perfect...

We are told in scriptures that evil begets evil and good begets good. God, as our creator, according to scriptures, creates us all as sinners, which many see as evil.

God can thus be seen and judged as being the original sinner since the fruits of his labor (us) went bad or are born bad. A tree is known by its fruits. What else could come from a sinner tree but sin?

Jesus said we would know his people by their works and deeds and if we believe that, then the Christian God would obviously be rejected by Jesus and agree with my fail judgement.

Do you agree?

Regards

DL
Note how they only attack the God of the Jews and Christians?

Their venom just validates who the one true God is.

Do you agree?

Regards

DL
“Religion’s Answer to the Problem of Evil”

Competent to believers

Yeah, funny how that works... Believing god is great means you think everything god does is great, even when it clearly is awful. The Trump cult operates the same way.
The Trump cult operates the same way.

Odd,,,,

The Obama cult acted, and still acts, that way.
:popcorn:
Notice the common thread here...."cult"...

Competent to believers

Yeah, funny how that works... Believing god is great means you think everything god does is great, even when it clearly is awful. The Trump cult operates the same way.
Actually it doesn't mean that.

You can't know what it means because you don't believe in God.

So you pick something that justifies your non-belief even though it is totally wrong.

Competent to believers

Actually it doesn't mean that.

You can't know what it means because you don't believe in God.

So you pick something that justifies your non-belief even though it is totally wrong.
That's an inappropriate response..I didn't justify non belief in my comments.. And, like most Americans, I did once believe in god. So yes, I can understand it. You confuse yourself to pretend that it is something complicated. It's the opposite, actually.

Do you agree?

Regards

DL
Why do you persist in displaying your ignorance to everyone on here? Do you like looking like an idiot?
This reply should be deleted. It’s not constructive. It’s what a troll would say.

Can you not answer his questions? We knew you couldn’t. You look like the idiot

Do you agree?

Regards

DL

The other gods are more ridiculous than yours. Happy now?

Do you agree?

Regards

DL

The other gods are more ridiculous than yours. Happy now?
Cowardly left are terrified of Islam and you worship Buddha and Hindu gods

You forgot Islam. Why?

And there arent too many other monotheistic religions out there. So, naturally, the discussion would focus on the major monotheistic religions.

Come on, use your head.
Islam is a fictional cult fabricated 600 years after Christ. Interesting you
You forgot Islam. Why?

And there arent too many other monotheistic religions out there. So, naturally, the discussion would focus on the major monotheistic religions.

Come on, use your head.
islam is a cult fabricated by a warlord pedophile in 600AD. Of which you leftists defend to your last breath.

And interesting you ignore 1/5 of the world population by choosing to ignore Buddhism and Hinduism. Just more validation Christianity is the one true faith.

Islam is a fictional cult fabricated 600 years after Christ.
Oooookay.... Nevertheless, the myths he mentioned are nearly all (if not all?) shared between all of the Abrahamic religions. So, don't leave out Islam, when you complain about someone picking on these myths.
by choosing to ignore Buddhism and Hinduism

Because this discussion was clearly focused on the monotheistic god, was it not? Okay, fine, let's make fun of Buddhism, too. Hindusntoo, fune by me.

But may I point out that you are on the USMB....in the US, what religions are we more likely to encounter? By this bias, the discussions turn to the abrahamic religons.

Islam is a fictional cult fabricated 600 years after Christ.
Oooookay.... Nevertheless, the myths he mentioned are nearly all (if not all?) shared between all of the Abrahamic religions. So, don't leave out Islam, when you complain about someone picking on these myths.
by choosing to ignore Buddhism and Hinduism

Because this discussion was clearly focused on the monotheistic god, was it not? Okay, fine, let's make fun of Buddhism, too. Hindusntoo, fune by me.

But may I point out that you are on the USMB....in the US, what religions are we more likely to encounter? By this bias, the discussions turn to the abrahamic religons.
Duh, what cult doesn't take an existing faith and rape it? Mormanism being a recent example.

You capitulating with the oh, ok include those too is laughable bullshit. No thread is ever started by an athiest attacking any faith except Judiasm and Christianity.

The common thread here is that all those problems are through the Christian bastardization of The Judaic teachings/ concepts/precepts.
They don't become fails or confused when using the original understanding/descriptions.
Example: Genesis actually teaches:
God (an Essence not a man nor form) creates order out of the chaos, not out of nothing. That's why Torah also says God's Essence is in the name of the holy city- Shalem meaning Stability/Completeness/Wholeness. So the Judaic source and power of life is that Essence to make stable and evolve a chaotic unstable world, not the creator of those adversary(sawtawn) natures.
Since God is not a figure/entity then this Essence needs a mediator/messenger/reflection manifestation of that nature. Teaching us our purpose and place and righteous path and judging if we are reflecting that Essence or in opposition to that nature.

Sources:
Isaiah 42:8 we can't pray to any image of anything physical- Exodus 20:3-7 and Deuteronomy 5:8-10
God is not a man nor form-(Isaiah 2:22, 14:13, I Samuel 15:29, Numbers 23:19, and Hosea 11:9, Deuteronomy 4:11-12 and the 13 major principles of the Jewish faith based on the Rambam's teaching of "ain lo demus haguf ve'ayno guf" -- that Hashem has no physical form.)

YeruShalem would carry the name. (1 Kings 11:36 &
in dead sea scrolls: Words of the Archangel Michael scroll 4Q529, 6Q23)
The Gemarah (Baba Batra 75) Tells us Jerusalem is named after G0D and is the place commemorating his name and essence. In Sefer D’varim (12:5, 11, 14, 18, 21; 14:23,24, 25; 15:20; 16:2, 6, 7, 11, 15, 16; 17:8, 10; 18:6; 26:2; 31:11).the place that I will choose to place My Name. That is referring to YeruShalem because Sifri identifies the place which Hashem will choose (12:18) as “Yerushalayim”.

Forum List

Back