None Dare Call It What It Is...

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
1. Evil, that is.

In fact, in secular society, very few even dare use the term; it's archaic, it's abstruse....it's.....religious.

But it exists.

“The world turns and the world changes,
But one thing does not change.
In all of my years, one thing does not change,
However you disguise it, this thing does not change:
The perpetual struggle of Good and Evil.” T. S. Eliot

2. "In enlightened political conversation, the word 'evil' had been disreputable for a long time-..... The wordevil,” in many minds, |smacks of an atavistic, superstitious, and even medieval simplism, of a fundamentalist mindset that might be inclined to in witches or to reject the teachings of evoluiton in the public schools.

The secular, educated, cosmopolitan instinct...tends to shun the word 'evil' and, as an optimist and creature of the Enlightenment, approaches the world's horrors as individual problems that can be solved...."
Lance Morrow, "Evil: An Investigation,"p.12-13

"Evil has made a successful career over many centuries by persuading people that it does not exist."

3. Did I mention that the fear of being labeled as 'religious' has caused some fearful folks to make some sort of humor out of the term.

"The sixties' rebellion against authority introduced the idea of Satan as rock star..

...Many people do not believe evil exists..... The trouble comes in trying to understand evil. When people become frustrated in their effort to do so, they are inclined to say that because they do not understand evil, it does not exist- a....fallacy based on the thought that what I do not understand cannot be real."
Op.Cit., p. 3-4

But it is here, it does exist....and it plays a mighty role in the course of human activity.

hqdefault.jpg

Evil is nothing more than a concept because it is purely subjective.
For instance : God commanding the deaths of innocent children is evil in my mind. In some of the religious minds, it was necessary. In the end, it was "good" because children should be punished for the sins of their father.

1. Evil, that is.

In fact, in secular society, very few even dare use the term; it's archaic, it's abstruse....it's.....religious.

But it exists.

2. "In enlightened political conversation, the word 'evil' had been disreputable for a long time-..... The wordevil,” in many minds, |smacks of an atavistic, superstitious, and even medieval simplism, of a fundamentalist mindset that might be inclined to in witches or to reject the teachings of evoluiton in the public schools.

The secular, educated, cosmopolitan instinct...tends to shun the word 'evil' and, as an optimist and creature of the Enlightenment, approaches the world's horrors as individual problems that can be solved...."

"Evil has made a successful career over many centuries by persuading people that it does not exist."

3. Did I mention that the fear of being labeled as 'religious' has caused some fearful folks to make some sort of humor out of the term.

"The sixties' rebellion against authority introduced the idea of Satan as rock star..

...Many people do not believe evil exists..... The trouble comes in trying to understand evil. When people become frustrated in their effort to do so, they are inclined to say that because they do not understand evil, it does not exist- a....fallacy based on the thought that what I do not understand cannot be real."
Op.Cit., p. 3-4

But it is here, it does exist....and it plays a mighty role in the course of human activity.
I have never met anyone who is 100% evil or 100% good. Absolute concepts like these are ideological or religious and do not exist in the real world. Good people do evil things and evil people do good things. The world is colored in shades of gray, no blacks or whites, and wishing it were otherwise is childish and naive.

1. Evil, that is.

But it exists.

Op.Cit., p. 3-4

I have never met anyone who is 100% evil or 100% good. Absolute concepts like these are ideological or religious and do not exist in the real world. Good people do evil things and evil people do good things. The world is colored in shades of gray, no blacks or whites, and wishing it were otherwise is childish and naive.

When the discussion gets around to '100% ignorant' you can raise your paw.

Absolutely.

1. Evil, that is.

But it exists.

Op.Cit., p. 3-4

Happens over and over, because people don't read up and learn history, so it repeats itself.
014bc32e4c464d9e10b5540bcb0a67ce.jpg

Nothing to see here, move along, move along...Right liberals?

Anyone notice that if PC doesnt have a cut n paste to add, she doesnt say shit? Lol

1. Evil, that is.

But it exists.

Op.Cit., p. 3-4

When the discussion gets around to '100% ignorant' you can raise your paw.

Absolutely.
Just remember about GREY... At one time it was Good vs Evil, Right vs Wrong. Now we have 50 shades between, so the uninformed have no clue anymore...

Didn't spell evolution correctly, which tells me that plagiarism is easier than cut-n-paste

Didn't spell evolution correctly, which tells me that plagiarism is easier than cut-n-paste
Of course instead of debating the issue, be a grammatical Nazi.. Don't expect any real intelligence from the left other than diverting the issue to the OP.

Of course instead of debating the issue, be a grammatical Nazi.. Don't expect any real intelligence from the left other than diverting the issue to the OP.
:blahblah:

No link either, she's getting sloppy and lazy. You why your just a pretend human...

4. Having incorporated a pervasive distrust and despising view of the religion of our Founders, incorporated in many urbane folks, learned from Marx, Lenin, and Rousseau, the modern children of the Enlightenment refuse to accept the idea of 'evil,' as it takes its resonance from Judeo-Christian tradition.

5. It wasn't always so.

"Three hundred and fifty years ago, the poet John Milton wrote one of the greatest characters in all of British literature: Lucifer, the antagonist of the epic poem Paradise Lost. Feared by Puritans, fêted by Romantics, and reinvented by everybody else, Milton’s fallen archangel has worn many different masks over the centuries,..."

What’s So ‘American’ About John Milton’s Lucifer?

a. "Evil emanates, implicitly, from a devilish intelligence with horns and a tail, an absolutely malevolent personality, God's rival in the cosmos, condemned to lose the fight (eventually) but powerful in the world." Breaking News, Analysis, Politics, Blogs, News Photos, Video, Tech Reviews - TIME.com

6. Yet....Lucifer has a certain prominence among the Leftists, into seeing him as their hero.

a. 'Saul Alinsky was the author of Chicago’s community organizing. Barack Obama’s only work experience previous to election as an Illinois senator was as an Alinsky movement community organizer. '
Hillary Clinton’s Worldview: A Eulogy – Mallory Millett

b.Alinsky famously dedicated his book, Rules for Radicals, the subject of Hillary’s thesis, to Lucifer, “the first radical who rebelled against the establishment and did it so effectively that, at least, he won his own kingdom.”

In 1972, Alinsky said in a Playboy interview, “If there is an after-life and I have anything to say about it I will, unreservedly, choose to go to Hell. Hell would be Heaven for me. All my life I have been with the have-nots. Over here if you’re a have-not you’re short of dough. If you’re a have-not in Hell you’re short of virtue. Once I get into Hell I’ll start organizing the have-nots. With a smile. They’re my kind of people.”
Ibid.

c. One need simply note that the major political party, the Democrats, are led by an admitted follower of Lucifer.
That same perspective, Leftism, is responsible for nearly all the violence in our nation.
Their strategy for victory has always been to divide the people, play up grievances, and end the guidance of the Constitution.

Not everyone that has lived in the USA is a Judain/Christian religious nut...

And God must not be all that powerful to lose out to one of his creations......Stupid vapid Hellenistic Judaism eschatology in the Christian language is a joke also along with 19th century evangelical ideology of rapture..

4. Having incorporated a pervasive distrust and despising view of the religion of our Founders, incorporated in many urbane folks, learned from Marx, Lenin, and Rousseau, the modern children of the Enlightenment refuse to accept the idea of 'evil,' as it takes its resonance from Judeo-Christian tradition.

5. It wasn't always so.

"Three hundred and fifty years ago, the poet John Milton wrote one of the greatest characters in all of British literature: Lucifer, the antagonist of the epic poem Paradise Lost. Feared by Puritans, fêted by Romantics, and reinvented by everybody else, Milton’s fallen archangel has worn many different masks over the centuries,..."

What’s So ‘American’ About John Milton’s Lucifer?

a. "Evil emanates, implicitly, from a devilish intelligence with horns and a tail, an absolutely malevolent personality, God's rival in the cosmos, condemned to lose the fight (eventually) but powerful in the world." Breaking News, Analysis, Politics, Blogs, News Photos, Video, Tech Reviews - TIME.com

6. Yet....Lucifer has a certain prominence among the Leftists, into seeing him as their hero.

a. 'Saul Alinsky was the author of Chicago’s community organizing. Barack Obama’s only work experience previous to election as an Illinois senator was as an Alinsky movement community organizer. '
Hillary Clinton’s Worldview: A Eulogy – Mallory Millett

b.Alinsky famously dedicated his book, Rules for Radicals, the subject of Hillary’s thesis, to Lucifer, “the first radical who rebelled against the establishment and did it so effectively that, at least, he won his own kingdom.”

In 1972, Alinsky said in a Playboy interview, “If there is an after-life and I have anything to say about it I will, unreservedly, choose to go to Hell. Hell would be Heaven for me. All my life I have been with the have-nots. Over here if you’re a have-not you’re short of dough. If you’re a have-not in Hell you’re short of virtue. Once I get into Hell I’ll start organizing the have-nots. With a smile. They’re my kind of people.”
Ibid.

c. One need simply note that the major political party, the Democrats, are led by an admitted follower of Lucifer.
That same perspective, Leftism, is responsible for nearly all the violence in our nation.
Their strategy for victory has always been to divide the people, play up grievances, and end the guidance of the Constitution.

Alinsky said in a Playboy interview, “If there is an after-life and I have anything to say about it I will, unreservedly, choose to go to Hell. Hell would be Heaven for me.
I can only pray that Alinsky has gone on to hell, as he definitely deserves the Misery that he and his EVIL kind has forced upon US. But what in Hell would be the ultimate punishment that Lucifer can give such a scum of the Earth?

I remember when he would steal money from the owners of a Cafeteria, because he thought that since food was a necessity, no one should have to pay for it. I think Saul should be given a plate of food and every time he tries to partake of the food, it is taken away. For the rest of his time in Hell, that would be very appropriate, I think...

Not everyone that has lived in the USA is a Judain/Christian religious nut...

And God must not be all that powerful to lose out to one of his creations......Stupid vapid Hellenistic Judaism eschatology in the Christian language is a joke also along with 19th century evangelical ideology of rapture..
Nope, some people who frequent this sight, is just worm food....

Just remember about GREY... At one time it was Good vs Evil, Right vs Wrong. Now we have 50 shades between, so the uninformed have no clue anymore...

Could it be that there are times when society pursues Greatest Good, and other times we are tired of it all and decide to settle for Good Enough.

The problem: "Good enough" never is...

I see it just a tad differently. As a whole, people seem to agree there should be rules--and then each of us as individuals also believe our case should be the exception to the rule.

Let's take a look at some rules society once embraced (or said they did):

1. No divorce
2. No drugs
3. No abortions
4. No sexual promiscuity

Government was expected to enforce these rules and were scorned for their efforts. Tired of the whole thing, weary of being the enforcer, tired of being the bad guy, government shrugged and decided to let people do as they wished.

The desire for committing to the greatest good, springs from the individual heart, as does not so much evil, as indifference. There is a great portion of society who are simply indifferent to whether people divorce, do drugs, have abortions, or are sexually promiscuous.

During times of discouragement people who aim for the greatest good are hard put to find support. In addition, they witness people shooting down the greatest good.

What I would like society to understand is that we should no more be in favor of undermining the greatest good than we would be in favor of vandalizing masterpieces. We can't all produce masterpieces, but all should be able to respect those who can.

upload_2018-1-18_10-55-3.jpeg

Forum List

Back