Is God competent or incompetent?

`
`

On the cosmic scale, if a Supreme Divinity does exist (which I believe) then even trying to comprehend its existence, is far beyond our 3D humanity to understand. This question then, becomes moot.

That's it? Some gay quote? In other words, you ain't got shit.

bro.
That seems to be your go to response, Taz.
C'mon, you don't have a real answer for why you think there can be only one creator? That's YOUR go to answer, nonsense?
I believe that God is existence itself. There is only one existence.

You are convinced that all of his is silly so you put forth silly beliefs. Such as you don't believe there are any so you argue that there are many. See?
I have no idea what your last sentence means, but I, at least, don't presume to know what's out there.
You don't understand why it is silly that you don't believe in any God yet you argue that there are many gods?

Really?
I'm agnostic, I don't presume to know if there are gods or not.

We are told in scriptures that evil begets evil and good begets good. God, as our creator, according to scriptures, creates us all as sinners, which many see as evil.

God can thus be seen and judged as being the original sinner since the fruits of his labor (us) went bad or are born bad. A tree is known by its fruits. What else could come from a sinner tree but sin?

I give God a fail on competence for the following reasons.

God created heaven that produced Satan. Fail.

God created Eden which produced Original Sin. Fail.

God had to reboot creation with Noah’s flood. Fail.

God sent his son to forgive mankind instead of stepping up himself. Fail, for moral reasons.

God also had to create hell for his rejects which scriptures say will be the vast majority of us. Fail.

Jesus said we would know his people by their works and deeds and if we believe that, then the Christian God would obviously be rejected by Jesus and agree with my fail judgement.

Do you agree?

Regards

DL
Note how they only attack the God of the Jews and Christians?

Their venom just validates who the one true God is.
The other gods are more ridiculous than yours. Happy now?
There is only one Creator. You choose to believe we believe there are many gods to justify your own beliefs. It's like a disease here.
What makes you think that there is only one creator? Anything specific?
You mean besides common sense and experience?

How about Occam's razor?

quote-occam-s-razor-no-more-things-should-be-presumed-to-exist-than-are-absolutely-necessary-i-e-the-william-of-occam-372636.jpg

Common sense should tell you god is made up.

How about Occam's razor?

quote-occam-s-razor-no-more-things-should-be-presumed-to-exist-than-are-absolutely-necessary-i-e-the-william-of-occam-372636.jpg

bro.
C'mon, you don't have a real answer for why you think there can be only one creator? That's YOUR go to answer, nonsense?

You are convinced that all of his is silly so you put forth silly beliefs. Such as you don't believe there are any so you argue that there are many. See?

Someone yesterday was arguing with me about multiverses. They couldn't imagine the cosmos go on forever. Infinitely. That was incomprehendable. But ask them if god is infinite and eternal they have no problem believing that.

We are told in scriptures that evil begets evil and good begets good. God, as our creator, according to scriptures, creates us all as sinners, which many see as evil.

God can thus be seen and judged as being the original sinner since the fruits of his labor (us) went bad or are born bad. A tree is known by its fruits. What else could come from a sinner tree but sin?

God sent his son to forgive mankind instead of stepping up himself. Fail, for moral reasons.

God also had to create hell for his rejects which scriptures say will be the vast majority of us. Fail.

Jesus said we would know his people by their works and deeds and if we believe that, then the Christian God would obviously be rejected by Jesus and agree with my fail judgement.

Do you agree?

Regards

DL

That is not what see.

The notion of a true God is idiotic idol worshiping tactic.

Regards
DL

I have no idea what your last sentence means, but I, at least, don't presume to know what's out there.
You don't understand why it is silly that you don't believe in any God yet you argue that there are many gods?

Really?
I'm agnostic, I don't presume to know if there are gods or not.
You don't argue that way.

Maybe you just think you are agnostic. I see that a lot here.

`
`

On the cosmic scale, if a Supreme Divinity does exist (which I believe) then even trying to comprehend its existence, is far beyond our 3D humanity to understand. This question then, becomes moot.
Like an ant trying to understand a human.

But that doesn't make it moot.

Do you agree?

Regards

DL

That is not what see.

Regards
DL
God is laughing at you.

The other gods are more ridiculous than yours. Happy now?
There is only one Creator. You choose to believe we believe there are many gods to justify your own beliefs. It's like a disease here.

How about Occam's razor?

Common sense should tell you god is made up.
Common sense tells me the exact opposite.

Besides aren't you agnostic?

The common thread here is that all those problems are through the Christian bastardization of The Judaic teachings/ concepts/precepts.
They don't become fails or confused when using the original understanding/descriptions.

I agree.

Note how Christians see a fall in Eden while Jews see man's elevation.

Christians got the beginning wrong so it is not surprising that they would get most of scriptures wrong.

Regards
DL

The common thread here is that all those problems are through the Christian bastardization of The Judaic teachings/ concepts/precepts.
They don't become fails or confused when using the original understanding/descriptions.

I agree.

Note how Christians see a fall in Eden while Jews see man's elevation.

Christians got the beginning wrong so it is not surprising that they would get most of scriptures wrong.

Regards
DL
OK. I give up. How did Christians get the beginning wrong?

You tell me:
View attachment 171961
Competent.

You look for exceptions when you should be looking for the rules.
Semi-competent until he stops fucking up.
He's not the one fucking up. We are.

Christians are always trying to absolve God of moral culpability in the fall by whipping out their favorite "free will!", or “ it’s all man’s fault”.

That is "God gave us free will and it was our free willed choices that caused our fall. Hence God is not blameworthy."

But this simply avoids God's culpability as the author of Human Nature. Free will is only the ability to choose. It is not an explanation why anyone would want to choose "A" or "B" (bad or good action). An explanation for why Eve would even have the nature of "being vulnerable to being easily swayed by a serpent" and "desiring to eat a forbidden fruit" must lie in the nature God gave Eve in the first place. Hence God is culpable for deliberately making humans with a nature-inclined-to-fall, and "free will" means nothing as a response to this problem.

If all sin by nature then, the sin nature is dominant. If not, we would have at least some who would not sin. That being the case, for God to punish us for following the instincts and natures he put in us would be quite wrong.

Regards
DL

How about Occam's razor?

bro.

Someone yesterday was arguing with me about multiverses. They couldn't imagine the cosmos go on forever. Infinitely. That was incomprehendable. But ask them if god is infinite and eternal they have no problem believing that.
Multiverses do not mean they are contiguous or infinite.

Besides no matter how one cuts it each of those multiverses had a beginning that was controlled by rules. Rules which existed before the inflation of each universe. Rules that no one knows where they come from. So no matter how you slice it there will always be the first cause conundrum, and the only solution to that is something that is eternal and unchanging.

Do you agree?

Regards

DL

That is not what see.

Regards
DL
Why is that?

`
`

Cop out. So says scriptures.

1 Thessalonians 5:21 Test all things; hold fast what is good.

Regards
DL

Forum List

Back