Is Femininity Unprofessional?

On Thursday of this past week my employer, one of the largest Gas/Electric utility companies in the United States, enacted an internal policy indicating that female employees in Management (Senior Supervisor on up) are not to wear skirts or dresses (of any style or length), or footwear with more than a minimal heel height. These items of clothing are now deemed to be “Unprofessional” in the workplace or at any function where they are representing the Company.

Thoughts?

So, any length ? Seriously ?
A female employee is forbidden to wear a fucking dress ? Fucking insane.

[QUOTE="OldLady, post: 22586424, member: 56127]I'll betcha I know what this about; I'm serious. There has been a kerfluffle over skirt length. Young women are wearing them short these days again. It may have caused some heated debate, and HR finally threw up its hands and said "FINE. NO SKIRTS THEN. PERIOD."
I'll bet you find out that's what happened.[/QUOTE]

Could be. I would be surprised, but you never know.

ok....then whoever runs the corp.....has the same attitude toward females that you have....that better?...

Not really. Given my druthers the women wouldn’t be here st all. If the women are going to be here, I’d prefer them in the skirts/dresses rather than dressed like Men.

So, any length ? Seriously ?
A female employee is forbidden to wear a fucking dress ? Fucking insane.

Seriously. It’s only affecting midcto upper Management right now, but I’m sure lower Management will take it to heart if they have any interest in moving up. It doesn’t affect us peons or Union folk.

On Thursday of this past week my employer, one of the largest Gas/Electric utility companies in the United States, enacted an internal policy indicating that female employees in Management (Senior Supervisor on up) are not to wear skirts or dresses (of any style or length), or footwear with more than a minimal heel height. These items of clothing are now deemed to be “Unprofessional” in the workplace or at any function where they are representing the Company.

Thoughts?
Major sexual harassment problems?

Major sexual harassment problems?

Not that I’ve ever seen or heard of. Our ethics group is pretty open with people and anything would have to be reported to the AG of the State since were a regulated business, but you never know.

Thoughts?
That isn’t feminism

But thanks for playing

Thoughts?

This book came out in 1975:

https://www.amazon.com/Womans-Dress-Success-Book/dp/0446385867&tag=ff0d01-20

I read it and dress according to this book from the day it hit the stands. It states that if women are to be taken seriously in business, they need to dress according to the rules your company has instituted.

In 1980, I worked for a company that not only insisted that I wear a jacket at all times when representing the company, I had to dress professionally, and my hair and makeup had to be done before I came to work.

When I worked on Bay Street, all the law clerks came to work wearing suits, or jackets, pants, low heels. We frequently dealt with clients, and had to look polished and professional in doing so. Secretaries wore skirts or dresses. Clerks wore suits.

ok....then whoever runs the corp.....has the same attitude toward females that you have....that better?...

Not really. Given my druthers the women wouldn’t be here st all. If the women are going to be here, I’d prefer them in the skirts/dresses rather than dressed like Men.
you are afraid of strong assertive woman aint ya?...

Pathologically terrified.

You figure he pays a dominatrix?

Thoughts?

They should have worn panties in the first place and none of that would have happened.

Girls don't have to wear panties or bras, no. There's no fun in forcing them to.

Pathologically terrified.

You figure he pays a dominatrix?
he would probably enjoy himself.....

Forum List

Back