CDZ Is Everybody a Hero?

Our younger daughter is a microbiologist and was pulled from her area to test for the virus. She does about 800 to 1,200 tests a day.

She's working ten hours a day, six days a week, and she's pretty tired.

But she's not complaining a bit. She knows how important this is. And she knows she has to stay focused, as lives are literally on the line.

Is she a "hero" in our book? Yep. You betcha. :)
But not to Jwoodie- and his fellow travellers.

You have every reason to be proud of the hard work your daughter is doing to help save Americans. Congratulations.

The POINT is that most people who are working 60 hours per week are receiving close to double their regular salary (with overtime pay). That doesn't necessarily make them heroes.

Good grief, you people are dense. :aug08_031:

The POINT is that some people really don't want to acknowledge that anyone is working heroically during the pandemic- because that removes the 'shine' from the only person they consider to be a 'hero' during the pandemic- their Great Leader.

Basically its like being in North Korea and anyone daring to call firefighters heroes.......when they know they that the only 'true hero' in North Korea is Kim Jong On.

Last time they pulled the hero worship gag and patriotized tyranny, it got us the Patriot Act. And the people fully complied and loved them for it.

travel_112410~0.jpg

I imagine this time around the hero worship of medical workers will get us another variety of a new type of Patriot Act where it'll be deemed patriotic to relinquish the right to make your personal medical decisions to the government. Things like government mandated intrusive medical procedures will likely be the new normal, so to speak. And, again, the people will love them for it.

The Blue Angels thing, I thought, was a clever piece of visual propaganda, predictable as it was.

BOHICA!

Is anyone a hero to the Trumpkins? Other than their Dear Leader?

The POINT is that most people who are working 60 hours per week are receiving close to double their regular salary (with overtime pay). That doesn't necessarily make them heroes.

Good grief, you people are dense. :aug08_031:
Even if they are receiving more pay, it's totally warranted and doesn't make their work any less heroic, especially since many of them would still make more money going on unemployment plus $600 extra per week!

I think Cuomo hit the mark with his statement (I'm paraphrasing): "This virus brings out the best in some people and the worst in others!"

Those protesting and getting other people sick -- not heroes in my book.
Those working in dangerous conditions for maybe a little more money than they normally get -- heroes.
Anyone attempting to profiteer off this disease by gouging for medical supplies -- not heroes.
Any healthcare workers in a COVID situation risking their lives and sanity -- heroes.

You get the idea!

I think Cuomo hit the mark with his statement (I'm paraphrasing): "This virus brings out the best in some people and the worst in others!"
I think Cuomo hit the mark with his statement (I'm paraphrasing): "We shouldn't have put those Covid-19 infected workers in nursing homes where they could infect others!"

Last edited:
I think Cuomo hit the mark with his statement (I'm paraphrasing): "We shouldn't have put those Covid-19 infected workers in nursing homes where they could infect others!"
I think Trump hit the mark with his statement(a direct quote)

FEB 26
“And again, when you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."
Donald Trump

Based upon the last 3 years- Trump supporters recognize the following as heroes:
a) Donald Trump
b) American military- as long as they don't criticize Donald Trump, or are not captured but especially if they have killed a defenseless prisoner.
c) American police- unless they are criticize Donald Trump or do not appear to be wildly supportive of Republican policies or if they arrest wealthy white Republicans.

I think that pretty much covers it.

Based upon the last 3 years- Trump supporters recognize the following as heroes:
a) Donald Trump
b) American military- as long as they don't criticize Donald Trump, or are not captured but especially if they have killed a defenseless prisoner.
c) American police- unless they are criticize Donald Trump or do not appear to be wildly supportive of Republican policies or if they arrest wealthy white Republicans.

I think that pretty much covers it.

:trolls:

Forum List

Back