Is Donald Trump fit to be POTUS?

Is Donald Trump fit to remain President of the United States?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wry Catcher

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
Below copied from my copy of the DSM-IV, made easy: The Clinician's Guide to Diagnosis, by Dr, James Morrison (pg. 461)

GENERAL CRITERIA FOR PERSONALITY DISORDERS:

A lasting pattern of behavior and inner experience that markedly deviates from norms of the patient's culture; The pattern is manifested in at least two of these areas:
  • Affect (appropriateness, intensity, lability, and range of emotions
  • Cognition (how the patient perceives and interprets self, others and events)
  • Impulse control
  • Interpersonal functioning.
    • This pattern is fixed and effects many personal and social situations
    • This stable pattern has lasted a long time with roots in adolescence or young adulthood
    • The pattern isn't explained by another medical disorder
    • It isn't caused by a general medical condition or by the use of substances, including medications
***Cluster A:

Paranoid: These people are suspicious and quick to take offense. They often have few confidants and may read hidden meanings into innocent remarks.

Cluster B:

Antisocial: as adults they may default on debts, or otherwise show irresponsibility; act recklessly or impulsively; and show no remorse for their behavior.

Histrionic:

Overly emotional, vague and attention-seeking; needing constant reassurance, self centered and sexually seductive.

Narcissistic: These people are self important and often preoccupied with envy, fantasies, or ruminations about the uniqueness of their own problems. Their sense of entitlement and lack of empathy may cause them to take advantage of others. The vigorously reject criticism, and need constant attention and admiration.

Cluster C:

Dependent:

These people need the approval of other so much that they have trouble making independent decisions, or starting projects; they may even agree with others whom they know to be wrong. They fear abandonment, feel helpless when they are alone, and are miserable when relationships end. The are easily hurt by criticism and will even volunteer for unpleasant tasks to gain the favor of others.

Consider these are very general and not all bullet points will apply to The Donald, but many do. Focus now on the more comprehensive discussion on Narcissistic Personality Disorder: 301.81 (pg 485)

Beginning by early adult life, grandiosity (real or fantasized), lack of empathy, and need for admiration are present in a variety of situations and shown by at least five of these:
  • A grandiose sense of self importance (patient exaggerates own abilities and accomplishments)
  • Preoccupation with fantasies of beauty, brilliance, ideal love, power, or limitless success
  • Belief that personal uniqueness renders the patient for only associations with (or understanding by) people or institutions of rarefied status
  • Need for excessive admiration
  • A sense of entitlement (patient unreasonably expects favorable treatment or automatic granting of his own wishes
  • Exploitation of others to achieve personal goals
  • Lack of empathy (patient does not recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others)
  • Frequent envy of others or belief that others envy patient
  • Arrogance or haughtiness in attitude or behavior
Too many of these bullet points reflect the behavior of Donald Trump to be dismissed. The question, however, is this: is he qualified to be or remain The Most Powerful person in the world?

Last edited:
He pisses off liberals which makes him qualified in my book.
trumptoon042.jpg

Below copied from my copy of the DSM-IV, made easy: The Clinician's Guide to Diagnosis, by Dr, James Morrison (pg. 461)

A lasting pattern of behavior and inner experience that markedly deviates from norms of the patient's culture; The pattern is manifested in at least two of these areas:
  • Impulse control
    • This stable pattern has lasted a long time with roots in adolescence or young adulthood
    • It isn't caused by a general medical condition or by the use of substances, including medications
***Cluster A:

Paranoid: These people are suspicious and quick to take offense. They often have few confidants and may read hidden meanings into innocent remarks.

Cluster B:

Antisocial: as adults they may default on debts, or otherwise show irresponsibility; act recklessly or impulsively; and show no remorse for their behavior.

Histrionic:

Overly emotional, vague and attention-seeking; needing constant reassurance, self centered and sexually seductive.

Narcissistic: These people are self important and often preoccupied with envy, fantasies, or ruminations about the uniqueness of their own problems. Their sense of entitlement and lack of empathy may cause them to take advantage of others. The vigorously reject criticism, and need constant attention and admiration.

Cluster C:

Dependent:

These people need the approval of other so much that they have trouble making independent decisions, or starting projects; they may even agree with others whom they know to be wrong. They fear abandonment, feel helpless when they are alone, and are miserable when relationships end. The are easily hurt by criticism and will even volunteer for unpleasant tasks to gain the favor of others.

Consider these are very general and not all bullet points will apply to The Donald, but many do. Focus now on the more comprehensive discussion on Narcissistic Personality Disorder: 301.81 (pg 485)

Beginning by early adult life, grandiosity (real or fantasized), lack of empathy, and need for admiration are present in a variety of situations and shown by at least five of these:
  • A grandiose sense of self importance (patient exaggerates own abilities and accomplishments)
  • Preoccupation with fantasies of beauty, brilliance, ideal love, power, or limitless success
  • Belief that personal uniqueness renders the patient for only associations with (or understanding by) people or institutions of rarefied status
  • A sense of entitlement (patient unreasonably expects favorable treatment or automatic granting of his own wishes
  • Lack of empathy (patient does not recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others)
Too many of these bullet points reflect the behavior of Donald Trump to be dismissed. The question, however, is this: is he qualified to be or remain The Most Powerful person in the world?

Guess what, that fits obummer, your hero, too.

• Impulse control
***Cluster A:

Cluster B:

Histrionic:

Cluster C:

Dependent:

as fit as the woman he supposedly cheated out of the job.

You prefer division to unity, insults to respect, childishness to responsibility and ineptitude to competence?

Well then when you signed up for Trump, you got your wish.

I am tired of decades of surface sweetness masking a undermining of the US and its interests, and its people. I am tired of politicians saying one thing, and doing th e opposite. I am tired of politicians who lie out of both sides of their mouth while enriching themselves and their cronies, while screwing over the middle class.

You can choose to continue with that sort of bullshit, but i voted for trump because i am tired of the middle class being lied to, and screwed over by the billionaires who want to turn us back into serfs.

You may be stupid and ignorant of history. But I am not.

The types of comments he is making lately clearly show he is unfit. Not only the ones about sending people back, but the ones about the media, and constantly contradicting things he has been recorded as saying.

You prefer division to unity, insults to respect, childishness to responsibility and ineptitude to competence?

I voted for Trump because he respects our American heritage.
Really? Does that heritage include racism?

I guess so. But I thought Americans had deemed racists to Ben not welcome in public service.

• Thanks
Reactions: xyz

I am tired of decades of surface sweetness masking a undermining of the US and its interests, and its people. I am tired of politicians saying one thing, and doing th e opposite. I am tired of politicians who lie out of both sides of their mouth while enriching themselves and their cronies, while screwing over the middle class.

You can choose to continue with that sort of bullshit, but i voted for trump because i am tired of the middle class being lied to, and screwed over by the billionaires who want to turn us back into serfs.

Unfortunately, there isn't a rating available to adequately demonstrate my reaction to your rationalization. It, if available, would show the iced tea streaming from my nose as I read your post.

You resent politicians lying to the people, so you voted for Trump. You resent politicians enriching themselves and their cronies, while screwing over the middle class. So you voted for Trump.

What manner of logic did you use to make your decision?

Unfortunately, there isn't a rating available to adequately demonstrate my reaction to your rationalization. It, if available, would show the iced tea streaming from my nose as I read your post.

You resent politicians lying to the people, so you voted for Trump. You resent politicians enriching themselves and their cronies, while screwing over the middle class. So you voted for Trump.

Trumps lies hurt trump. They don't hurt the American People. Obummer lied about healthcare and cost over one hundred million more people to buy insurance that was worse than what they had. Hillarys lies ended up with people dead. Funny that. The people you seem to like, lie every bit as much as trump does, but the victims of their lies are the regular people. Trump hurts trump.

HUGE difference.

Trumps lies hurt trump. They don't hurt the American People. Obummer lied about healthcare and cost over one hundred million more people to buy insurance that was worse than what they had. Hillarys lies ended up with people dead. Funny that. The people you seem to like, lie every bit as much as trump does, but the victims of their lies are the regular people. Trump hurts trump.

HUGE difference.
Trump's lies hurt America in the field of international diplomacy, as he is POTUS. And they can hurt the economy, as signs of instability.

HUGE difference.
Trump's lies hurt America in the field of international diplomacy, as he is POTUS. And they can hurt the economy, as signs of instability.

They do? How? Trump has done more diplomacy that has helped us than the previous 4 presidents combined. In fact I can't think of a single international agreement that obummer made that benefited US. If you know of one please provide a link to it.

HUGE difference.

They do? How? Trump has done more diplomacy that has helped us than the previous 4 presidents combined. In fact I can't think of a single international agreement that obummer made that benefited US. If you know of one please provide a link to it.
Trump has attacked NATO, the UN, gotten out of the Paris Accord. There are other examples I'm sure, those were off the top of my head.

I'm not sure what he accomplished with Kim Jong Un either.

Trump has done more diplomacy that has helped us than the previous 4 presidents combined. In fact I can't think of a single international agreement that obummer made that benefited US. If you know of one please provide a link to it.

Liberal Democrats ignore Trump's summits with world leaders like Kim Jong-Un and Vladimir Putin.

Trump has done more diplomacy that has helped us than the previous 4 presidents combined. In fact I can't think of a single international agreement that obummer made that benefited US. If you know of one please provide a link to it.

Liberal Democrats ignore Trump's summits with world leaders like Kim Jong-Un and Vladimir Putin.
I don't have a problem with them, but what has he achieved?

Has North Korea gotten rid of any missiles? Have they stopped their nuclear weapons program? He couldn't even stop them from firing missiles over Japan.

And has Russia taken its troops out of Crimea and eastern Ukraine? They even have troops in Georgia and Moldova (although that's not a recent development).

HUGE difference.

Trump has attacked NATO, the UN, gotten out of the Paris Accord. There are other examples I'm sure, those were off the top of my head.

I'm not sure what he accomplished with Kim Jong Un either.

Yeah? So? NATO has been sponging off of us for decades. Presidents for as long as i can remember have been saying that the European nations needed to step up their payments. Trump is the first one with the balls to actually call them out on their cheapskatedness. Aren't you sick and tired of being the worlds piggy bank?

The Paris accord hurt the US, helped the Chinese and the Indian countries, and ultimately did nothing to curb pollution. Why sign onto something that does nothing but bankrupt the USA?

If the shrilary were elected we would right now be in a real shooting war with NK. Trump is talking to the little shit, and maybe, just maybe we can get him to get rid of his nukes without having to go to war. Do you not think that worth the diplomatic efforts that trump has engaged in?

Forum List

Back