Is depression a kind of allergic reaction?

If a person occasionally gets depressed or despondent for no reason whatsoever, then yeah I'd buy that theory.

Mostly it's because of some shit storm experience like a death, or financial woes, or getting dumped by your girlfriend.
Emotional shit like that.

Unless the girlfriend gives you some kind of venereal disease that causes the inflammation that leads to depression.

How's that for some discussion, brotch. :slap:

That is situational depression. Chronic depression can occur for no reason at all.

Did you know that sometimes people can be depressed and not even realize that they are depressed? For instance, they might not feel necessarily "sad" or depressed in the way most people think of depression. They might just have a hard time finding things to be "happy" about. They might just feel kind of numb and emotionless.

Did you know that sometimes people can be depressed and not even realize that they are depressed? For instance, they might not feel necessarily "sad" or depressed in the way most people think of depression. They might just have a hard time finding things to be "happy" about. They might just feel kind of numb and emotionless.
Just keep your mind off your impending death, and all is well....

I think it is an interesting theory and worth more investigation. We don't know how environmental factors effect our brain and it's functions all the time, so it would be worth checking into more if it would help some people, IMHO.

Just keep your mind of your impending death and all is well....

Well, you kind of miss the point. The point is that some people (even young ones who are far from death/worrying about death), cannot say that they feel "sad" per se. It is more like they feel nothing at all or just "blah" about everything. That can be indicative of a chronic depression if it lasts for any lengthy period of time. You don't have to be feeling sad about anything in particular in order to suffer from chronic depression.

I know these things because I type about people who suffer from depression (among other maladies) every day.

If a person occasionally gets depressed or despondent for no reason whatsoever, then yeah I'd buy that theory.

Mostly it's because of some shit storm experience like a death, or financial woes, or getting dumped by your girlfriend.

Unless the girlfriend gives you some kind of venereal disease that causes the inflammation that leads to depression.

That is situational depression. Chronic depression can occur for no reason at all.
What if you're in a chronic situation? :dunno:

What if you're in a chronic situation? :dunno:

Are you talking about depression or venereal diseases? :lol:

Forum List

Back