Is Black Culture the Primary Cause of the ills that plague the Black Community?

• Total voters

Publius1787

Gold Member
Jan 11, 2011

The left often wants to blame racism as the primary cause of the ill's experienced by the black community. This issue has worked its way deep into policy decisions to help "level the playing field." So I ask the question, is it really racism that plagues the black community or black culture?

I wouldn't say Black culture per say Urban thug culture yes.

Which culture do you associate "thug culture" with? "thug culture" has found its home primarily among the black community.

That culture is also prevalent in many Hispanic communities in California and the Southwest, a few Asian too. White people are the number one purchaser of rap music too btw.

Its not black culture, its ghetto culture.

Which has found its home primarily among the black community. Black culture promotes thug culture. Just look at all those who make up black culture and how they defend their thugs (Trayvon Martin, Mike Brown, etc.) On the flip side why do we have so many outstanding performing Asians in academia? Because Asian culture promotes education. There is always someone happy to talk of the positives of a culture but very few will talk of the negatives. Don't be afraid to speak of the negatives. black culture promotes "ghetto culture."

Last edited:

Which culture do you associate "thug culture" with? "thug culture" has found its home primarily among the black community.

That culture is also prevalent in many Hispanic communities in California and the Southwest, a few Asian too. White people are the number one purchaser of rap music too btw.

That may be true. But the question is whether black culture is the primary cause of the ills in the black community? Just because you can subcultures of the same behavior among other cultures does not negate the fact that one culture in particular promotes it more than others.

I know, it sucks. Remember the movie Office Space and the skinny white nerdy guy listening to rap and rapping with the song? Then it was a joke, now my white, upper middle class daughters actually do that. Where have you gone, Joe Walsh?

That may be true. But the question is whether black culture is the primary cause of the ills in the black community? Just because you can subcultures of the same behavior among other cultures does not negate the fact that one culture in particular promotes it more than others.

Anyone raised in those environments can succumb to it, I've seen a few white people fall into this as well.

I know, it sucks. Remember the movie Office Space and the skinny white nerdy guy listening to rap and rapping with the song? Then it was a joke, now my white, upper middle class daughters actually do that. Where have you gone, Joe Walsh?

Indeed, he listened to rap music while not acting out the culture that spawned it.

Blacks on average have lower IQ's and higher Testosterone levels, the way they are behaving is natural for them.

Anyone raised in those environments can succumb to it, I've seen a few white people fall into this as well.

Once again, just because you can find subcultures of the same behavior among other cultures does not negate the fact that one culture in particular promotes it more than others.

Indeed, he listened to rap music while not acting out the culture that spawned it.

Thats the problem, the music has become a lifestyle instead of just entertainment. But remember that white guy in that movie did try to rip his company off for millions of dollars!

Precisely.

When you're told from the day you're born that you're hated, that you're a victim that that life is unfair and you need someone else to "help" you, you're going to live accordingly. Then when you have people deflecting and making excuses for your bad behavior while blaming someone else for them, it will affect you even more. And finally, when that same environment passes down through multiple generations, it's ingrained in you.

Skin color irrelevant.

What we're seeing was completely predictable. It's human nature. American Blacks have been victimized en masse for the second time in this country's history.

Last edited:
Why don't all you racists, kkk, white supremacists just pick one thread and keep your lies there?

Why do you keep starting and posting lies in more and more threads?

Do you really think everyone is as stupid as you are and that if you keep repeating your lies long enough, everyone will believe them?

Hundreds of years of being shit on is the root cause of this.

i wonder about the culture which makes police officers think it's okay to assign themselves judge, jury and executioner of criminals.

no matter the culture or color of the criminal, unless there is an imminent threat, deadly force is uncalled for...

Yes, culture is the problem. Calling it ‘black culture’ is somewhat a misnomer though because such subculture is not necessarily a function of race.

There is a clear subcultural problem within the poor black communities in the US and it spurs the higher crime rates and higher single parent homes in that community.

You will never see a long line of white people brawling outside a shoe store for the latest set of Air-Jordan's.
You will rarely see a white thug playing the "knockout game."
A 75% illegitimacy rate among black children is the norm.
The africanization of black child names.
Ebonics

These are cultural attributes.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back