Is Barack Obama A Big Government Neocon? Yes or No?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think this is a valid question. He has expanded the size of Government exponentially and has attacked several nations since taking office. So what do you think?

I think it's a valid question and my answer is no. Yes, he has expanded government and yes he started two additional wars but there is more to being a NeoCon than that.

He's a typical progressive.

There is no question Obama made government bigger, unfortunately presidents expanding government has been going on for decades. I think Nixon was the last president to actually shrink government.
I'm curious, what two wars did Obama actually start?

The pejorative "neocon" is one of those terms that (like the Occupy movement) means different things to different people, so much that "neocon" really doesn't mean anything, except as an insult term (my humble opinion). No doubt though Obama's a Big Government guy who is financed by wealthy backers with globalist ideas.

If that's how you feel,that's cool with me. I just thought there would be change. His tenure has only been a continuation of the previous Administration's policies. I didn't think we would get an even bigger Big Government and more Wars. Just how i see it anyway.

Surely you must have seen ObamaCare coming. The Democrats had been itchin' for federal health care since HillaryCare was stymied back in the 90s, and now that they had the Presidency and Congress, this was their time to strike before the Republicans had to numbers to stop them.

And I have to wonder where all the anti-war protesters disappeared to (oh, they moved on, occupy yada yada). The so-called anti-war movement was there just to get their particular flavor of globalist in.

I hear ya,i guess i'm an optimist. But i never bought into the "Anti-War" Left. That's always only about getting the power back. The biggest Chickenhawk Warmongers these days are Left/Democrats. So i always knew they were full of shit. I mean how many 'Human Shields' did the Left send over to help Gaddafi out? I think the number was something like zero. Yea i didn't expect much change but i really didn't think Big Government could be made so much bigger and we would have more war. Like i said,call me an opitimist.

I think this is a valid question. He has expanded the size of Government exponentially and has attacked several nations since taking office. So what do you think?

jobs-1.jpg

Do I have to post a link to something so well known?

If you guys are going to argue something, can't it be something "REAL"? What is wrong with you people? Next you'll be saying Obama has put in place more regulations than Bush. Naw, you wouldn't say that. It would just be another lie.

Last edited by a moderator:

jobs-1.jpg

If you guys are going to argue something, can't it be something "REAL"? What is wrong with you people? Next you'll be saying Obama has put in place more regulations than Bush. Naw, you wouldn't say that. It would just be another lie.

Obama/Bush? There is no difference. Any perceived slight differences are all wishful thinking fabrications. More Big Government,More Massive Debt,More Massive Unemployment,More War,and so and so on. Nothing has changed.

jobs-1.jpg

Obama/Bush? There is no difference. Any perceived slight differences are all wishful thinking fabrications. More Big Government,More Massive Debt,More Massive Unemployment,More War,and so and so on. Nothing has changed.

More big government?

With half a million fewer government employees?

And less regulations?

What the fuck is wrong with you? You guys are all deluded. Shame on you.

Seeing as how he's continuing a ton of what Bush started, yes.

Key term here.

If he gets our troops out of Iraq by New Years, that's a plus. Then if he gets us out of AFG, thats another big plus. Then if he gets us out of the EU, thats another plus, then if he gets us out of asia...

I'm hoping that the automatic defense cuts mean that we bring most troops home and cut foreign aid.

So far he has done all the things Big Government Neocons support so therefore i have to conclude he is a Big Government Neocon.

Seeing as how he's continuing a ton of what Bush started, yes.

Key term here.

It doesn't make a difference who started this crap, anyone who continues this shit instead of actually trying to stop it is the same thing. Obama isn't really trying to stop the Patriot Act or these endless preemptive wars, he's pushing for them.

I wish folks like you joined folks like me in protesting this crap back then BEFORE it was able to go through.

However, the guys like you were on this "if you have nothing to hide, it shouldn't be a problem" and "if you're not for America, you're against it" crap.

You see, it's much harder to stop or turn back things once it's started.

That's the entire point.

Don't be mad at Obama for continuing the crap the Bush brought down on your heads with your consent.

Ghedditt??

Key term here.

It doesn't make a difference who started this crap, anyone who continues this shit instead of actually trying to stop it is the same thing. Obama isn't really trying to stop the Patriot Act or these endless preemptive wars, he's pushing for them.

I wish folks like you joined folks like me in protesting this crap back then BEFORE it was able to go through.

However, the guys like you were on this "if you have nothing to hide, it shouldn't be a problem" and "if you're not for America, you're against it" crap.
That's the entire point.
Don't be mad at Obama for continuing the crap the Bush brought down on your heads with your consent.
Ghedditt??

1. Do you trust Obama? Y / N required
2. If you trust him, you must accept that as president he chose the best policy based on the best information and not stupid ideology.

That's the entire point.
Ghedditt??
2. If you trust him, you must accept that as president he chose the best policy based on the best information and not stupid ideology.
Where were you when BUSH was ramming this down your throat?

If you think it's so bad and reprehensible now, when Obama's in Office, how could you let Bush get away with it back then?

Hmmm....?

3. Where were you when BUSH was ramming this down your throat?

4. If you think it's so bad and reprehensible now, when Obama's in Office, how could you let Bush get away with it back then? Hmmm....?

1. Answer questions 1 & 2
3. I supported the removal of Saddam (but not nation-building). If you are/were a Saddam lover sucks to be you
4. see #3 above

We beat this topic to death for 8 fucking years. I also support waterboarding. The question NOW IS OBAMA and does he deserve re-election?

1. Yes
2. Heck yeah!

Of course he is, and why the right doesn’t love Obama accordingly is proof all opposition is purely partisan.

You nailed it. And it goes both ways. Bush was a Big Government Progressive yet the Democrats claimed they just hated him so much. It's usually about that 'D' & 'R' thing. Nothing changes.

Of course he is, and why the right doesn’t love Obama accordingly is proof all opposition is purely partisan.

You nailed it. And it goes both ways. Bush was a Big Government Progressive yet the Democrats claimed they just hated him so much. It's usually about that 'D' & 'R' thing. Nothing changes.

As a person that identifies as a staunch liberal, leftie, leftwinger, progressive, whatever label you want to give me...

I can honestly say that what started the left off on the wrong foot was the way he got voted in. His first term was won in a shroud of doubt, it wasn't just close it was damn close. Then Bush lucked out with 9/11 he really did have the ENTIRE country's support, full support. But he squandered it. Using and abusing 9/11 to implement his own demented RW agenda. Attacking a country that never attacked us. Keeping the country in fear to implement spying and torture and the like. We were again totally soured by the next election. Which brings us again to the second win, which was won under another cloud of doubt, even worse than the first. Not only damn close, but GD close. By that time he was spending like a drunken whore on the obviously made up war, by that point and had no signs of stopping. All the while the RW was in lock-step with him. It was very frustrating...very. To top it off, by the close of his regime he had managed to bring the country and potentially the entire world to the brink of financial collapse. WTF cuts taxes while SPENDING like a drunken fool on two wars...made up or legitimate.

Man I'm getting pissed all over again recollecting those times.

Do I miss that MFer...? HELL NO!!!

These are the reasons why Bush was not popular with the left. It was NOT simply partisan.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back