Is anyone ready to discuss politics & stay grounded in reality?

dcbl

Good guys wear white hats
Aug 23, 2011
Bham, AL
it has become clear that Trump and his team did not collude with the Russians; which is no surprise as this whole narrative was always a wild conspiracy theory

bottom line, all of this is just noise

what is important is the tax cuts & the health care policy

republicans WILL get a tax cut pushed through, because they KNOW they will not keep their seats in '18 if they don't

if we (conservatives) are correct - this will be good for the economy & the average person's bottom line & Trump will win reelection easily

if these tax cuts hurt the economy, Trump will lose in '20

it really is as simple as that - the media has broken faith with reality, integrity & the average American - their tantrums won't bring Trump down

it will come down to the effects on people's pocketbooks from his enacted policies

bottom line - personal finances are what drives voters

but hey; these pissing matches about 2 scoops of ice cream and wild conspiracy theories about collusion and obstruction are fun on a message board!

the mainstream still gloating and celebrating and pretending he's almost gone, which is also how they covered the last election... heh

i think russian collusionpalooza is over. unless they pretend to find more evidence.

it has become clear that Trump and his team did not collude with the Russians; which is no surprise as this whole narrative was always a wild conspiracy theory

republicans WILL get a tax cut pushed through, because they KNOW they will not keep their seats in '18 if they don't

if we (conservatives) are correct - this will be good for the economy & the average person's bottom line & Trump will win reelection easily

it really is as simple as that - the media has broken faith with reality, integrity & the average American - their tantrums won't bring Trump down

it will come down to the effects on people's pocketbooks from his enacted policies

but hey; these pissing matches about 2 scoops of ice cream and wild conspiracy theories about collusion and obstruction are fun on a message board!
You want down to earth reality? You're not there yet. What you miss with your Trump/GOP forecast is it's highly partisan and not necessarily what will happen.
The reality is "perception is everything" and Trump is a loose canon with a big mouth and it doesn't matter whether the Russian thing is true or not, what matters is people will view Trump and the GOP negatively and Comey could be Trump's and the GOP's downfall. The voter is fickle and while I'm no prophet I don't think the Trump presidency will end well.
Oh and before you come back with "Democrat or liberal" I'm neither.

You want down to earth reality? You're not there yet. What you miss with your Trump/GOP forecast is it's highly partisan and not necessarily what will happen.
The reality is "perception is everything" and Trump is a loose canon with a big mouth and it doesn't matter whether the Russian thing is true or not, what matters is people will view Trump and the GOP negatively and Comey could be Trump's and the GOP's downfall. The voter is fickle and while I'm no prophet I don't think the Trump presidency will end well.
Sure perception is reality

My claim is that what is going on with the economy and people's personal finances will be the most important factor

Perception is driven by personal finances in an election

Another thing that is overlooked is that Trump brought a decent number of people that typically do not vote out to the polls

He has not broken faith with these folks, and they don't get polled much, if at all

The media is not able to drive perception like they used to, most people don't trust them anymore

So again, if Trump's policies help the economy, he is a shoo in for a second term

Let's talk reality? Then you frame the thread with this nonsense.

What's clear is that you think several investigations, several contacts with Russians that were lied about or omitted, and recusals all equates to nothing. I'd love to hear how but you'd just assert it's nothing and want others to play in this Alice in Wonderland reality you create. Sad

Democrats have created an alternate reality where rainbows and unicorns fart in unison... Realists, like myself, see the deceptions of the lying MSM and democrats for what they are. I deal in facts. When those facts affect me and my bottom line then I will vote for those who help me out the most as do most Americans.

Your alternate reality is breaking apart and so are the lies you used to justify it...

My claim is that what is going on with the economy and people's personal finances will be the most important factor

Another thing that is overlooked is that Trump brought a decent number of people that typically do not vote out to the polls

He has not broken faith with these folks, and they don't get polled much, if at all

The media is not able to drive perception like they used to, most people don't trust them anymore

So again, if Trump's policies help the economy, he is a shoo in for a second term
The big factor which you pointed out is "if". Now if the economists were correct that this last recession will last ten years then the economy will finally recover next year and you may be correct as long as Trump can learn to keep his mouth shut and stop feeding the Dems tons of ammunition to use against him and the GOP besides, I think you're underestimating the media's ability to still influence attitudes and perceptions.

Democrats have created an alternate reality where rainbows and unicorns fart in unison... Realists like myself see the deceptions of the lying MSM and democrats for what they are. I deal in facts. When those facts affect me and my bottom line then I will vote for those who help me out the most as do most Americans.

Your alternate reality is breaking apart and so are the lies you used to justify it...
Obviously you missed the part about me not being a Dem or a liberal......... Of course unlike you I'm not a right wing hardliner either. Some of us have to remain unbiased.......... You should try it sometime.......

The big factor which you pointed out is "if". Now if the economists were correct that this last recession will last ten years then the economy will finally recover next year and you may be correct as long as Trump can learn to keep his mouth shut and stop feeding the Dems tons of ammunition to use against him and the GOP besides, I think you're underestimating the media's ability to still influence attitudes and perceptions.
Yes, I said if

And that was on purpose

The next presidential election will be a referendum on the economy, same as it ever was

And I think you are over estimating the effect the media can have

They gave it their best shot last time, and I haven't yet seen anything to make me believe that they will be any more successful by doubling down on what turned out to be a failed strategy

Trump is transparent on everything except national defense and military operations.. As he should be... We like, that we know what he thinks. Someone telling us how it is rather than blowing unicorn farts up our asses..

Yes, I said if

And that was on purpose

The next presidential election will be a referendum on the economy, same as it ever was

They gave it their best shot last time, and I haven't yet seen anything to make me believe that they will be any more successful by doubling down on what turned out to be a failed strategy
If that was true Obama would have lost his second bid at the presidency because the economy sucked. And I believe it is you who is under estimating the power of the media and it's influence on the vast uninformed population that votes.

Yes, I said if

And that was on purpose

If that was true Obama would have lost his second bid at the presidency because the economy sucked. And I believe it is you who is under estimating the power of the media and it's influence on the vast uninformed population that votes.
Trump appealed to the forgotten men and women.. I believe if he continues to work for those people he promised relief he will win easily. His tweets talk directly to those people and give them hope that thier voices are being heard.

The problem is Democrats can't win in a reality race. It's like Limbaugh has said repeatedly, when Democrats want to win elections, they talk like Republicans.

Brainwashing works well for the Democrats unfortunately. If they (and their friends in the media) can create this false perception that the country is against Trump and the Republicans, some will actually believe it. Democrats can't win on issues--all their issues are buying votes and creating a larger nanny state. Instead of telling us how great their policies are, they use the tactic to try and make it as Republicans are worse. That includes lies, fake news, negative opinions and using phony polling.

Yes, I said if

And that was on purpose

The economy was not great, but it had improved from when he 1st took office

And again, the media put on the full court press to bring Trump down, didn't work

So, we're at "are not, are too" on that argument

I've made my prediction, does anybody want to tell me why the state of the economy won't be the most important factor in the 2020 election?

Yes, I said if

And that was on purpose

And again, the media put on the full court press to bring Trump down, didn't work

I've made my prediction, does anybody want to tell me why the state of the economy won't be the most important factor in the 2020 election?

The MSM is loosing credibility.. they have a rating below that of congress at just 9% who trust it..

As long as we have unrestricted alternative methods to communicate our thoughts, they will never wield that power again..

Yes, I said if

And that was on purpose

I think that's an important part, but immigration problems rank right up there. After all, every candidate ran on a better economy, but Trump and only Trump took the stance of being tough on immigration. The rest used phrases like "immigration reform" and nonsense like that. Nobody asked for reform, we asked that the border be sealed off and the people that don't belong here removed.

Yes, I said if

And that was on purpose

I think that's an important part, but immigration problems rank right up there. After all, every candidate ran on a better economy, but Trump and only Trump took the stance of being tough on immigration. The rest used phrases like "immigration reform" and nonsense like that. Nobody asked for reform, we asked that the border be sealed off and the people that don't belong here removed.
Good point

And Trump has been awesome on that front

Yes, I said if

And that was on purpose

I think it's far too early to even think about 2020 predictions. A hundred things could happen between now and the midterms alone so to speculate that far out seems counter productive to me.
As a disgruntled member of the GOP I'm more concerned with my party pulling their heads out of their asses and getting down to the shit that matters.

Trump is transparent on everything except national defense and military operations.. As he should be... We like, that we know what he thinks. Someone telling us how it is rather than blowing unicorn farts up our asses..
I'm simply stating unbiased, objective possibilities based on knowledge of politics, media interaction and the fickleness of the voters. Never once did I state I wanted any of it to happen. You're relying on wishful thinking and self delusion based in "ugh, me like Trump, you wrong" approach.

Forum List

Back