Is Anyone Even Listening To Leftist Elites Anymore?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by NATO AIR, Feb 4, 2005.

1. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    Ouch! Hanson, with brutal honesty, tears apart the last legitimacy the Leftists have in the wake of the successful Iraq elections.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. musicman

musicman Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +533
    Great find, NA! I hope this makes for uncomfortable reading in the places where it is merited.

3. Huckleburry

Huckleburry Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Reading the State of the Union Adress seems to suggest that the president is listening to the leftist elites. Espousing such elitist things as multilateralism, fiscal responsibility, and the increased use of soft power, I am a bit surprised no one on the board has called him a communist yet.

4. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,153
    Those arent elitist leftist idea. President Bush has been encouraging all three of them since 2000. Where on earth have you been? It was John Kerry who was critisizing the Presidents use of multilateral talks with North Korea. He critisized the President for doing it one on one. We wouldnt have any problem with national debt if the President hadnt inherited a recession and then if we hadnt been attacked on 911. Rebuilding the military and intelligence communities are priorities right now. And now in his second term the President is taking a hard line against the liberal spenders. its time to halt the growth of government. exactly as every single conservative wants.

As for sort power, the President has always advocated using every resource at our disposal to fight the war on terror whether its military or diplomatic. this isnt anything new. so why would we accuse him of communism for mentioning it?

5. Huckleburry

Huckleburry Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20
    My point was that this board has an odd view of what the "leftist elites" actually think and advocate. In a broad sense everyone is on the same side and, in general, believes in the same ends. The debate arises over timing and appropriate means. I spend allot of time with "liberal elites" and have never heard a single one of them espouse any of the things that they are accused of by the right. If civilized and intelligent discourse were to replace point and yell debate and what I call sports casting news I think that the right and left would find they agree on allot more than they formally believed. Ultimately our system affects us all, were not a sports team in which the right can "win" at the expense of the left. If either side errors than those errors effect us all. If there are very smart people on both sides of the fence than wouldn’t the country benefit more from those folks talking over issues rather than spending all their time discrediting each other?

6. rtwngAvngr

rtwngAvngr Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +511
    The left won't discuss the issues. Half the time they're trying to convince you they're actually not anti american communists, but when it gets down to it, that's what they are. There is no rational reason to embrace the state of perpetual fear the left endorses.

7. Huckleburry

Huckleburry Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Thanks for demonstrating my point.

8. rtwngAvngr

rtwngAvngr Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +511
    See, if you cared about discussing you would have asked, "what perpetual state of fear?", or disagreed, or something constructive. Instead, you pull the equivalent of an adhominem attack. Why is that?

9. Merlin1047

Merlin1047 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +450
    Perhaps we do have an "odd view". But mine was formed by the statements and actions of leftists during the last three years. So thank the Dixie Chicks, Susan Sarandon, Ed Asner, Al Gore, Ted Kennedy, Barbara Boxer, the idiot mayor of San Francisco, Howard Dean, the ketchup lady, George Soros etc etc etc etc. My views are not something I cooked up from my favorite recipe for paranoia. My views have been "seared" into my psyche by your lib icons.

That is simply not true.

Were the nutbars who attempted to block the loading of ships which were carrying supplies to our troops in Iraq on the same side as I? Nope.

Are people like the Dixie Chicks, who bad-mouth our president to foreigners in a foreign land on the same side? Don't think so.

What about kerry - the "war hero" of the left? What side was he on when he suggested that we have to let the UN decide our actions against terrorism. I don't think he was on our side.

Was kerry on our side when he called the newly elected PM of Iraq a "puppet"? Not only no, but hell no.

The fact is that the radical left is on no one's side but their own. They have become so desperate by being displaced from power that they will sell out anything - including their country - to regain that power. Like a drug addict, the radical left has come to depend on the power of politically correct speech codes, affirmative action, eco-terrorism and a cornucopia of government handout programs. When they lost the last election despite an orgy of vituperation against the President, despite fear-mongering about the draft, despite doom and gloom predictions in Afghanistan and Iraq, they turned into a pack of bitter, shell-shocked addicts on withdrawal. They care only for another fix of power and will do anything to get it. Even if it means selling out the country that they allege to support.

First, the debate is NOT over timing and never has been. The left waits until Pres. Bush makes a decision, then they come out against it. If you doubt that assertion, then explain why leftist politicians made all kinds of dire statements regarding the threat of WMDs from Iraq during the CLINTON administration. (I know that's not something y'all like to discuss) But when Pres. Bush used the same data, the same intelligence, now he's accused of being a liar, duping the Congress and concocting a war for his own petty motives of revenge. If that's not good enough - explain why the left started a scare tactic about the draft. Explain why DEMOCRATIC senators introduced a measure to reinstate the draft. Are these the actions of people who have the best interest of the nation at heart? Are these the actions of people who are on the "same side" as those who seek to stamp out terrorism? Fat chance. And finally, let's talk about the social security program. Remember how we had a "crisis" in social security which needed to be fixed posthaste to prevent a meltdown of the system? Remember the DEMOCRATS under the CLINTON administration making dire predictions of the imminent failure of the system? Where the hell are they now? Oh, I know - now that Pres. Bush has suggested reform measures, suddenly there is no cirisis. What a bunch of whores. They're not on MY side and I hope they're not on yours either.

So it's not timing, it's simply all about the lust for power and the pathetic attempt to regain that power by any means possible. The left is making it as difficult as possible for the Republican administration to govern effectively. They are doing that in a shameless, traitorous campaign to cause any program sponsored by the Bush administration to fail and we will all suffer for it if they succeed.

That may be true. But the fact is that most of the hysterical screeching is emanating from the left. Leftists have called the President a liar, a murderer, a sponsor of torture, a thief, stupid, incompetent, and an entire litany of invectives too long to list. Conservatives were not that bad even during the attempt to impeach Clinton for perjury.

So if the left is looking for a dialogue, they first need to learn to shut the hell up and listen. Right now it appears to me that the leftist idea of dialogue is they stand up with a bull horn and if anyone else attempts to speak, they're out of line. Well 59 million voters emphatically gave leftist the finger in the last election. Leftists need to learn - and they can't lean while they're running their big mouths. If they want to learn, they need to learn to listen to the voters.

Yes, we would. And the fact is that there are plenty of smart people on both sides of the aisles in Congress. The only problem is that party ideology has trumped service to the nation. Perhaps the Republicans are guilty of the same thing to some degree. But there is no way that Republicans have engaged in anything approximating the virulent hatred being spewed by the radical left.

Huck, I suspect that your post was more reflective of your personal attitudes than the attitudes of the Democratic party. But it appears to me that moderate liberals who do not hate the administration or who do not despise their own country have lost control of their party. Rabid win-at-any-price hacks have taken the reins of the Democrat wagon.

Until you can kick these degenerate, power-crazed vermin out of the party and back under their rocks where they belong, the Democratic party is due for many years of REALLY lean times. 59 million voters rejected the leftist agenda. Four years from now, I think they will still remember what went on last year, the year before and the year before that. The shameful history of the liberal left will taint them and their candidates for years to come. And given the fact that the Democratic party may hand the leadership of the party to that loon Howard Dean, it appears that the prospect of having the Democratic party return to a saner state is dim. Very dim indeed.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  10. tim_duncan2000

tim_duncan2000 Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +66
    I wish more people would point this out to the "Bush lied, people died" losers, not that it would make a difference.