IRS Employees Want to be Exempted from Obamacare

If you want health care, pay for it yourself.

Gasp! What kind of barbaric bitch are you Boedicca? You expect people to pay for what they want?!?!

Don't you understand that people need a Lamborghini? And they require a Blackberry? And that a plasma tv is necessity? And that healthcare is essential? You can't expect people to pay for their wants and needs you heartless bitch! :)

Gasp! What kind of barbaric bitch are you Boedicca? You expect people to pay for what they want?!?!

Don't you understand that people need a Lamborghini? And they require a Blackberry? And that a plasma tv is necessity? And that healthcare is essential? You can't expect people to pay for their wants and needs you heartless bitch! :)

Yep, that's me.

Heartless Bitch. It's on my business card.

The hench thugs of the Overlords don't want to be subjected to the ObamaCare they will administer on the rest of us.

Typical Big Government Elitism On Parade.

National Treasury Employees Union officials are urging members to write their congressional representatives in opposition to receiving coverage through President Obama’s health care law.

The union leaders are providing members with a form letter to send to the congressmen that says “I am very concerned about legislation that has been introduced by Congressman Dave Camp to push federal employees out of the Federal Employees Health Benefits Program and into the insurance exchanges established under the Affordable Care Act.”

The NTEU represents 150,000 federal employees overall, including most of the nearly 100,000 IRS workers.

Like most other federal workers, IRS employees currently get their health insurance through the Federal Employees Health Benefits Program, which also covers members of Congress.

House Ways and Means Committee Chairman Dave Camp offered the bill in response to reports of congressional negotiations that would exempt lawmakers and their staff from Obamacare.

“Camp has long believed every American ought to be exempt from the law, which is why he supports full repeal,” Camp spokeswoman Allie Walkersaid.

“If the Obamacare exchanges are good enough for the hardworking Americans and small businesses the law claims to help, then they should be good enough for the president, vice president, Congress and federal employees,” she also said....

IRS employee union: We don?t want Obamacare | WashingtonExaminer.com
I guess someone should have told them this is what happens when you have to pass the bill to see what's in it so a little advice for those upset now from now on insist Congress read a freaking bill before passing it. It would seem a little mean and rude to say I told you so but what the hell told you so.

This is nothing more than political grandstanding. This is not going to happen. Congress is not going to carve out one service of the federal government and force them out of the federal health benefit plan that all other federal employees get. I can understand the reason this has been proposed. Obviously, someone wants those administering the rules to be subject to the same rules. But the people who administer Medicaid and Medicare are not required to be part and parcel of those programs and neither will those who administer the ACA. This is patently stupid and for the government to dignify it by wasting time on it is an insult to the taxpayers.

This is nothing more than similar political grandstanding that the birthers engage in.

Last edited:
This is nothing more than political grandstanding. This is not going to happen. Congress is not going to carve out one service of the federal government and force them out of the federal health benefit plan that all other federal employees get. I can understand the reason this has been proposed. Obviously, someone wants those administering the rules to be subject to the same rules. But the people who administer Medicaid and Medicare are not required to be part and parcel of those programs and neither will those who administer the ACA. This is patently stupid and for the government to dignify it by wasting time on it is an insult to the taxpayers.

This is nothing more than similar political grandstanding that the birthers engage in.

That is not the way I understand what is happening here. Maybe I am wrong, but I think all the little guys in federal employment are being forced into Obamacare, but this union is trying to stop that and speaking up for IRS employees AND consequently ALL federal employees trying to get them exempted. Can't say as I blame them for wanting to be exempt but I would love to tell them to take a flying leap since it is these very same bastards that supported Obamacare and forced it on the rest of us.

Let me add to this. Congressman Camp's bill requires ALL federal employees out of their current plans and underneath the control of Obamacare. I am sure Congress is exempt from that probably the executive and judicial appointees as well, but everyone else gets screwed. The union opposes Camp's bill because now their members too will have to suffer like the rest of us.

Immie

Last edited:
Nonsense.

Not a big fan of sarcasm I see... I can take a stab at facetious if that's more to your liking. :razz:

Is there an echo in here?... because that's essentially what this
NightFox said:
one might propose that a voluntary opt-out (or opt-in) be in order thereby allowing those that support it to reap all it's wondrous benefits and foot the bill for 'em along the way
means....

Still nonsense. A voluntary opt out retains ObamaCare as a government program with taxpayers at risk covering the inevitable cost overruns.

"People should pay for it themselves"
"Nonsense, People should pay for it themselves"
"That's what I'm saying people should pay for it themselves"
"Still Nonsense, People should pay for it themselves"

:confused:

Not a big fan of sarcasm I see... I can take a stab at facetious if that's more to your liking. :razz:

Is there an echo in here?... because that's essentially what this

means....

Still nonsense. A voluntary opt out retains ObamaCare as a government program with taxpayers at risk covering the inevitable cost overruns.

You are incredibly naive if you think an Opt In version of government controlled heath care would be funded only by those who Opt In.

You are incredibly naive if you think an Opt In version of government controlled heath care would be funded only by those who Opt In.

I want my sarcasm back because it was obviously was wasted on you. :cool:

"Nothing is more discouraging than unappreciated sarcasm." -- Unknown

If you call that sarcasm, you have some work to do.

Go play in traffic, bub.

The hench thugs of the Overlords don't want to be subjected to the ObamaCare they will administer on the rest of us.

Typical Big Government Elitism On Parade.

National Treasury Employees Union officials are urging members to write their congressional representatives in opposition to receiving coverage through President Obama’s health care law.

The union leaders are providing members with a form letter to send to the congressmen that says “I am very concerned about legislation that has been introduced by Congressman Dave Camp to push federal employees out of the Federal Employees Health Benefits Program and into the insurance exchanges established under the Affordable Care Act.”

The NTEU represents 150,000 federal employees overall, including most of the nearly 100,000 IRS workers.

Like most other federal workers, IRS employees currently get their health insurance through the Federal Employees Health Benefits Program, which also covers members of Congress.

House Ways and Means Committee Chairman Dave Camp offered the bill in response to reports of congressional negotiations that would exempt lawmakers and their staff from Obamacare.

“Camp has long believed every American ought to be exempt from the law, which is why he supports full repeal,” Camp spokeswoman Allie Walkersaid.

“If the Obamacare exchanges are good enough for the hardworking Americans and small businesses the law claims to help, then they should be good enough for the president, vice president, Congress and federal employees,” she also said....

IRS employee union: We don?t want Obamacare | WashingtonExaminer.com

Yeah, republican IRS people of course..

NEXT.

UNION IRS employees...who donate to the Democrats.

Forum List

Back