Irs Chief Says "wherever We Can, We Follow The Law".

jifehl.png

Read the full story before you get caught up sensationalism, conservatards.

The comment came during a House Ways and Means Committee hearing on Capitol Hill about the disastrous and expensive Obamacare rollout. Koskinen was responding to a question from Republican Rep. Kevin Brady about ineligible individuals receiving Obamacare subsidies, who will eventually have to pay subsidies back to the IRS under the law.

Brady: Will you be following the law in that recapture?

Koskinen: Yes, wherever we can, we follow the law.
IRS Commissioner We Follow The Law Wherever We Can - Katie Pavlich

If anyone is too blinded by their irrational, illegitimate hatred of President Obama to see why Koskinen's statements are completely reasonable, I can explain further if needed.

The comment came during a House Ways and Means Committee hearing on Capitol Hill about the disastrous and expensive Obamacare rollout. Koskinen was responding to a question from Republican Rep. Kevin Brady about ineligible individuals receiving Obamacare subsidies, who will eventually have to pay subsidies back to the IRS under the law.

If anyone is too blinded by their irrational, illegitimate hatred of President Obama to see why Koskinen's statements are completely reasonable, I can explain further if needed.

Yes, please explain. I am not blinded by any hatred. I simply see the head of a major gov't agency speaking of following the law as if it were a preference and not a hard requirement.

That does not need a qualifier. The answer to that question should be, "Yes."

Please explain any circumstance, recapturing ineligible Obamacare subsidies included, where it is in any way appropriate for the IRS to not follow the law.

The IRS has first rights to any assets your name is attached to (the house you are buying from Mom but don't own yet), debts cannot be discharged (not even through bankruptcy after major catastrophe), and they have armed agents who can come get you and throw you in jail. How is it ever OK for them to not follow the law when looking for all those scammed subsidies?

There are likely tons of those scammers. The IRS doesn't get to break the law for expedience, they don't get to pick and choose which offenders to pursue and which to ignore. We all know who they will profile and who "just didn't understand the form."

Forum List

Back