Irony: CAIR Refusing to Cooperate in Hearings On Why Muslims Don't Cooperate

Good for them.

When you know you're facing a hostile witness with his own agenda, why give him the time of day? King's on a witch hunt, and isn't going to stop until he finds one. Why help him?

If you want to have a real discussion about religious abuse, violence, and crime in the United States have one. Let's talk about the folks that blow up Abortion Clinics and target doctors and nurses. Let's talk about the Catholic Church and its cover up of the child abuse scandals. Let's have that conversation about the Latter Day Saints and their numerous scandals. Hell, let's talk about Scientologists who staged the single largest infiltration of the US government, and one of the most damaging acts of information destruction in US history.

Instead, the guy that supported the IRA back when their idea of negotiation was a car bomb wants to go on a witch hunt because these other terrorists look different than his preferred brand of terrorist. Screw him. I'd tell him to take a hike too.

Last edited:
Look......Congress once spent a whole day debating what the standards should be for the thickness of KETCHUP!

If that wasn't a colossal waste of time, money and energy!

Eric Holder and Janet Napolitano have said on the record that homegrown radicalized Muslim terrorism in the USA is a real threat that bothers them.

So, it is perfectly sensible to hold hearings attempting to find out just how prevalent it is and see if we can figure out what the root causes of it are.

Then we know how serious of a problem it really is and we may find ways to circumvent it at the root of the problem.

It IS NOT an indictment on Islam as a religion or the followers of Islam.

I understand that but did Timothy McVeigh blow up the Oklahoma federal building in the name of Jesus? or was it something else?

Personally? I think there were multiple reasons he did what he did. His religion was part of it..but not the whole thing. McVeigh was a big fan of "The Turner Diaries".

To be honest I don't remember much about the bombing, I was still in high school when it happened, I just remember watching shows on tv about McVeigh where he was shown as wanting to bring down the government and a radical, I didn't hear much about him doing this in the name of Christ and wanting to kill non-believers.

McVeigh contradicted himself on numerous occassions in interviews. In the end he came off as a "Liberatrian" that was just fed up with the government. But that happened after he stopped trying to fight the death penalty.

To be honest I don't remember much about the bombing, I was still in high school when it happened, I just remember watching shows on tv about McVeigh where he was shown as wanting to bring down the government and a radical, I didn't hear much about him doing this in the name of Christ and wanting to kill non-believers.

It was pretty well known that the OKC bombings were done as a reaction to Ruby Ridge and Waco. I don't recall any mention of religion in the bombings, just a desire to strike back at the government.

I think the valid comparison to bring up is the Christian militia they busted up back in Indiana that was planning the whole sale slaughter of cops, or the folks that blow up abortion clinics. Those are both examples of religiously motivated violence that are committed mostly by white guys.

The irony here is that King was a big supporter of the IRA back when the IRA was all about violence. The only difference between the IRA back in the day and Al-Queda is that the IRA only wishes they could have staged an operation on the scale of 9/11. They only held back attacks in the USA for the same reason Al-Queda holds off from attacking Saudi Arabia: Money.

Last edited:
Sure.

Peter King is an asshole and a bomb thrower. I don't need a freakin stupid "committee" to tell me how to curb terrorism from any "radical religious nuts". It's pretty simple..and well with in the founding concepts of our nation:

-We are a secular nation that supports religious freedom. You don't get to kill people in the name of it and you don't get to bully members into not seeking outside help. Stick with that. The government shouldn't be advocating or demonizing any religions. I listened to the hearing, that was not done, they were very specific about getting the radicals out.
-We are a nation that believes in defending our shores and freely trading with other nations. We are NOT an empire. We shouldn't have bases all around the world. We shouldn't be taking control of the natural resources of other countries.
-Stop killing people in other lands. Enough already. Don't know specifically what the rest had to do with killer muslims, but I couldn't possibly agree more.

That's from 1985.

Are you the same person from 1985? Any chance he's changed?

bit of a long help grudge dontcha think?

You asked for a link..I gave it to you.

Thank you for the link. I did appreciate it. :redface: [catholic guilt is a bitch]

now

Wouldn't you say 25 years is a long time to hold a grudge against someone? Since that is the basis of why you are against the hearing (or so it seems)

Good for them.

When you know you're facing a hostile witness with his own agenda, why give him the time of day? King's on a witch hunt, and isn't going to stop until he finds one. Why help him?

Perhaps because not cooperating only proves the entire point of having the hearings?

Remember, you aren't talking about a squeaky clean organization here either...they were un-indicted co-conspirators in providing terror organizations with the money to murder people!

If you want to have a real discussion about religious abuse, violence, and crime in the United States have one. Let's talk about the folks that blow up Abortion Clinics and target doctors and nurses. Let's talk about the Catholic Church and its cover up of the child abuse scandals. Let's have that conversation about the Latter Day Saints and their numerous scandals. Hell, let's talk about Scientologists who staged the single largest infiltration of the US government, and one of the most damaging acts of information destruction in US history.

Fine.....then a Democrat can ask for hearing into those things if they so choose to. No one is stopping them.

That has nothing to do with THIS hearing however.

Instead, the guy that supported the NRA back when their idea of negotiation was a car bomb wants to go on a witch hunt because these other terrorists look different than his preferred brand of terrorist. Screw him. I'd tell him to take a hike too.

Well then the fact that Holder and Napolitano said that this was a major concern of theirs obviously means they were falsely accusing Muslims of something that they know would never happen. Were they just witch-hunting too?

Personally? I think there were multiple reasons he did what he did. His religion was part of it..but not the whole thing. McVeigh was a big fan of "The Turner Diaries".

McVeigh contradicted himself on numerous occassions in interviews. In the end he came off as a "Liberatrian" that was just fed up with the government. But that happened after he stopped trying to fight the death penalty.

Yes, but YOU made the statement that at least "part" of it was in the name of his religion.

I only asked you to back up that statement with an actual fact.

Science is my religion.... Timothy McVeigh

An athiest killed all those people

Time: Are you religious?

McVeigh: I was raised Catholic. I was confirmed Catholic (received the sacrament of confirmation). Through my military years, I sort of lost touch with the religion. I never really picked it up, however I do maintain core beliefs.

Time: Do you believe in God?

McVeigh: I do believe in a God, yes.

McVeigh No Christian; Worshipped Himself; Said “Science Is My Religion”

Who ya gonna believe, "The American View", a rightwing fundamentalist religious organization or...Time Magazine, one of the most respected news magazines in America?

On second thought...don't answer that. I fear you'll go with the wingnuts.

It was pretty well known that the OKC bombings were done as a reaction to Ruby Ridge and Waco. I don't recall any mention of religion in the bombings, just a desire to strike back at the government.

I think the valid comparison to bring up is the Christian militia they busted up back in Indiana that was planning the whole sale slaughter of cops, or the folks that blow up abortion clinics. Those are both examples of religiously motivated violence that are committed mostly by white guys.

The irony here is that King was a big supporter of the NRA back when the NRA was all about violence. The only difference between the NRA back in the day and Al-Queda is that the NRA only wishes they could have staged an operation on the scale of 9/11. They only held back attacks in the USA for the same reason Al-Queda holds off from attacking Saudi Arabia: Money.

NRA? do you mean the IRA? or the Nothern Alliance?

All these hearings are going to accomplish, is giving the radicals more reason to hate us, and create a worse environment for Muslim Americans who have nothing to do with terrorism.

Would you like us to do nothing to rid good muslims of this cancer amoung them?

Are you ok with immam telling members not to go to the police about thier missing kids or they will go to hell?

cuz that is exactly what one of the family members said was told to him and others when he went looking for his missing son.

I know you are not one for religion (I think)

But imagine you were

Your son goes missing, you turn to your comminty for help, a priest comes along and tells you to stop looking and not to call the cops or you will be excommunicated (damned to hell)

You cool with that? I mean you do want eternity in heaven and not the lake of fire, right?

Science is my religion.... Timothy McVeigh

An athiest killed all those people

McVeigh: I was raised Catholic. I was confirmed Catholic (received the sacrament of confirmation). Through my military years, I sort of lost touch with the religion. I never really picked it up, however I do maintain core beliefs.

What a pathetic attempt!!!

Timothy McVeigh DIDN'T murder anyone in the name of his religion.

Not that that has anything at all to do with this topic anyhow.

Oh really now!?

Good for them.

Instead, the guy that supported the NRA back when their idea of negotiation was a car bomb wants to go on a witch hunt because these other terrorists look different than his preferred brand of terrorist. Screw him. I'd tell him to take a hike too.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't that only happen one time?

All these hearings are going to accomplish, is giving the radicals more reason to hate us, and create a worse environment for Muslim Americans who have nothing to do with terrorism.

Are you ok with immam telling members not to go to the police about thier missing kids or they will go to hell?

cuz that is exactly what one of the family members said was told to him and others when he went looking for his missing son.

But imagine you were

Your son goes missing, you turn to your comminty for help, a priest comes along and tells you to stop looking and not to call the cops or you will be excommunicated (damned to hell)

You cool with that? I mean you do want eternity in heaven and not the lake of fire, right?

YOu think the hearings are going to do this?
They will accomplish no such thing.

Well then the fact that Holder and Napolitano said that this was a major concern of theirs obviously means they were falsely accusing Muslims of something that they know would never happen. Were they just witch-hunting too?

Holder and Napolitano are law enforcement folks. Different ball game so the analogy fails.

And no, there's absolutely no reason to cooperate with someone you know is openly hostile to you, especially when they control the format. It's why Democrats that go on Hannity and Limbaugh are idiots. If someone is openly hostile, why bother. King wants a witch hunt, which means there's absolutely nothing that CAIR can say or do that won't get twisted to fit King's agenda. When the rules are rigged, don't play the game.

Again, King has no issues with the IRA when their idea of negotiation was a car bombing. How he gets off on his high horse here is ridiculous.

Last edited:

But imagine you were

I would tell the Imam to go fuck himself, and go to the authorities about my son.

Good for them.

Nope

What a pathetic attempt!!!

Timothy McVeigh DIDN'T murder anyone in the name of his religion.

Not that that has anything at all to do with this topic anyhow.

Oh really now!?

Instead of reply with an expression that only makes you look like a dumbshit.....why not try showing some PROOF that he bombed that building in the name of his religion.

Or are dumbshit expressions all you got?

The irony here is that King was a big supporter of the NRA back when the NRA was all about violence. The only difference between the NRA back in the day and Al-Queda is that the NRA only wishes they could have staged an operation on the scale of 9/11. They only held back attacks in the USA for the same reason Al-Queda holds off from attacking Saudi Arabia: Money.

NRA? do you mean the IRA? or the Nothern Alliance?

Dammit.

Lack of sleep. I meant the Irish Republican Army. I'll go back and edit my posts. I've had a few false alarms this week with my wife's pregnancy. I should know better than to type on less than a few hours sleep.

Good for them.

Nope

Really? I only heard about one incident, how many abortion clinics have radical Christians bombed?

Forum List

Back