Iraq Wants the US Out - Our New Saigon Moment

Sunni do you know what Saddams regime did to the Shites, Kurds, Kuwaitis and Iranians? it was not all peaches and cream under Saddam.:eek:

Saddam was No saint by any means.

But he lived in a tough neighborhood and these people were out to kill him and topple his government.

He just responded using weapons and money supplied by the U.S.

btw We didn't say jack when he gassed the Iranians. :doubt:

Sunni do you know what Saddams regime did to the Shites, Kurds, Kuwaitis and Iranians? it was not all peaches and cream under Saddam.:eek:

But he lived in a tough neighborhood and these people were out to kill him and topple his government.

I know Saddam had to be tough in order to stay in power but the invasion of Kuwait and the gassing of the Kurds was just an unecessary use of brutality. He ultimately brought about his own demise.

Sorry, but U.S. tax $ to Iraq to stop the far greater evil of Iran when we had little other choice does not U.S. support for genocide make.

When you show me a receipt from Saddam, from us, that says "this is for you to gas, and murder your own innocent people" THEN you may have an argument.

Ima ask again, why do you support and cherish genocidal, homicidal, dictators?

Again.

You have absolutely no idea what you are posting.

You contradict yourself in this very post. What the fuck do you think happened in the Iraq-Iran war?

The Iraqis GASSED Iranians..or as you posted "the greater evil". The tech for those weapons came from the United States.

I know Saddam had to be tough in order to stay in power but the invasion of Kuwait and the gassing of the Kurds was just an unecessary use of brutality. He ultimately brought about his own demise.

You know this how?

And where are you on Ataturk and Tito?

I don't know who you mean by 'we'. I certainly have spoken out against wholesale slaughter or mistreatment of civilians by anybody for a very long time now.

Perhaps if Saddam had more noble attributes, so many people wouldn't have been out to kill him.

As for conditions in Iraq during Saddam's reign, this is a pretty good synopsis of the good and bad:

Handbook 11-03: Appendix B - National and Provincial Data for Iraq

Sorry, but U.S. tax $ to Iraq to stop the far greater evil of Iran when we had little other choice does not U.S. support for genocide make.

When you show me a receipt from Saddam, from us, that says "this is for you to gas, and murder your own innocent people" THEN you may have an argument.

Again.

You contradict yourself in this very post. What the fuck do you think happened in the Iraq-Iran war?

The Iraqis GASSED Iranians..or as you posted "the greater evil". The tech for those weapons came from the United States.

AGAIN, unless you can prove THAT WE SENT THOSE WEAPONS OVER THERE FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE OF GASSING IRANIAN CIVILIANS, YOU HAVE NO ARGUMENT.

We were right strategically in supporting Iraq @ that time, and, OBVIOUSLY had no idea Saddam was gonna use our $ and tech for that.

Stop tryna twist shit, stop with the smoke and mirrors, shit like this is why you're on my pwned belt.

Again.

AGAIN, unless you can prove THAT WE SENT THOSE WEAPONS OVER THERE FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE OF GASSING IRANIAN CIVILIANS, YOU HAVE NO ARGUMENT.

We were right strategically in supporting Iraq @ that time, and, OBVIOUSLY had no idea Saddam was gonna use our $ and tech for that.

Stop tryna twist shit, stop with the smoke and mirrors, shit like this is why you're on my pwned belt.

I'm not "twisting" anything. The United States provided tech and weapons for a brutal dictator it helped put into power to attack a country which overthrew an American installed "Shah". Rumsfeld knew Saddam was a brutal person. The whole idea was "one nasty little arab dicatorship vs. another nasty little arab dictatorship..its a win-win". And this country wouldn't haven't given two shits for either country if they weren't sitting on oceans of oil.

You seriously don't know what the fuck you are talking about. You get your history from cliches and bubble gum wrappers.

You know this how?

And where are you on Ataturk and Tito?

What the fuck are you talking about?:doubt:

Again.

I'm not "twisting" anything. The United States provided tech and weapons for a brutal dictator it helped put into power to attack a country which overthrew an American installed "Shah". Rumsfeld knew Saddam was a brutal person. The whole idea was "one nasty little arab dicatorship vs. another nasty little arab dictatorship..its a win-win". And this country wouldn't haven't given two shits for either country if they weren't sitting on oceans of oil.

You seriously don't know what the fuck you are talking about. You get your history from cliches and bubble gum wrappers.

Except Iranians are not Arabs, they are Persians. You have just shown you know less than zero about the subject.:clap2:

I don't know who you mean by 'we'. I certainly have spoken out against wholesale slaughter or mistreatment of civilians by anybody for a very long time now.

Perhaps if Saddam had more noble attributes, so many people wouldn't have been out to kill him.

As for conditions in Iraq during Saddam's reign, this is a pretty good synopsis of the good and bad:

You may have protested it at the time..but the Conservative mindset was hostile to people that spoke up against it. The big conservative tv program at the time "The Morton Downey Jr. Show" got downright hostile to an audience member that spoke up against it.

You may have protested it at the time..but the Conservative mindset was hostile to people that spoke up against it. The big conservative tv program at the time "The Morton Downey Jr. Show" got downright hostile to an audience member that spoke up against it.

You can go ahead and close your cock holster, anyone who calls Iranians "Arabs" had no legs to stand on when it comes to dicussing the Iran/Iraq war.:eusa_liar:

Except Iranians are not Arabs, they are Persians. You have just shown you know less than zero about the subject.:clap2:

Oh gosh.:lol:

You can go ahead and close your cock holster, anyone who calls Iranians "Arabs" had no legs to stand on when it comes to dicussing the Iran/Iraq war.:eusa_liar:

Um..no.

You wanna play "neener neener" fine.

I was playing soccer with Iranians and Israelis when you were in diapers.. I know exactly what they consider themselves.

What High Gravity said. You really don't know jack about it. Nice radical left sound bite though.

Saddam invaded Iran. Iran was not out to kill him.

By the time it became widely known he was using gas against Iranian troops he was being supplied by many compainies in the West thanks to Ronnie Raygun. In fact Americans can say "And I helped"

How he US armed Saddam Hussein with chemical weapons | Green Left Weekly

On December 19-20, 1983, Reagan dispatched his Middle East envoy — none other than Donald Rumsfeld — to Baghdad with a hand-written offer of a resumption of diplomatic relations, which had been severed during the 1967 Arab-Israel war. On March 24, 1984, Rumsfeld was again in Baghdad.

On that same day, the UPI wire service reported from the UN: "Mustard gas laced with a nerve agent has been used on Iranian soldiers ... a team of UN experts has concluded ... Meanwhile, in the Iraqi capital of Baghdad, US presidential envoy Donald Rumsfeld held talks with foreign minister Tariq Aziz."

According to Washington Post journalist Bob Woodward, in a December 15, 1986 article, the CIA began to secretly supply Iraq with intelligence in 1984 that was used to "calibrate" mustard gas attacks on Iranian troops. Beginning in early 1985, the CIA provided Iraq with "data from sensitive US satellite reconnaissance photography ... to assist Iraqi bombing raids".

But that doesn't mean Libertarians supported either Saddam or Raygun! We didn't.

Again.

^^Looks like someone's starting to get they sore loser on^^:lol::lol:

Just as I thought, you can't prove that: AGAIN, unless you can prove THAT WE SENT THOSE WEAPONS OVER THERE FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE OF GASSING IRANIAN CIVILIANS, YOU HAVE NO ARGUMENT.

Our hands are quite obviously clean, dry of that, WE GAVE THAT SUPPORT TO DEFEAT THE WORSE, MORE BRUTAL, IRANIAN GOVERNMENT. THAT WAS THE OBVIOUS PURPOSE OF THAT SUPPORT.

Again, you just wanna twist, distort, and revise shit so it fits your wacko lefty agenda...............sad.

I see no further reason to continue this "debate" I've clearly made my point, with a case, set, MATCH.

HG and I are enjoying a good laugh privately tho from your "knowledge":lol:

Um..no.

You wanna play "neener neener" fine.

I was playing soccer with Iranians and Israelis when you were in diapers.. I know exactly what they consider themselves.

Yes because the Iranians are Arabs.:clap2::clap2::eusa_liar:

You know less than zero about Iranians or anything else being discussed here, you may know shut your cum dumpster.:cool:

Forum List

Back