Iraq Wants the US Out - Our New Saigon Moment

In modern times Iran generally has not been as directly aggressive as some of its neighbors but has funded terrorist organizations and others hellbent on aggression. It is difficult to pinpoint 'blame' for the Iran/Iraq war that is generally dated from September 1980 to 1988 but there is sufficient blame to go around. Probably technically Iraq struck the first blow but soon found itself outclassed by a USSR backed Iran. Would Iran have attacked Iraq if Iraq had not fired first? Hard to say. Most historians think that was the plan though. The conflict between Iran and Iraq spans centuries more recently with clashes between Iran's Shi-ite and Iraq's Sunni controlled governments. Many if not most of the insurgents determined to scuttle plans for a free and independent Iraq have entered Iraq through Iran.

Iran has long been funding anit-Israeli groups such as Hamas and Hezbollah by shipping arms and missiles through Syria to such groups.

More recently in 2007 Iranian Revolutionary Guards invaded and seized most important control of the Masandam Peninsula in Oman. That solidified Iran's complete control of the straight. (Oman previously controlled the southern end.)

Okay..an adult answer.

But the bottom line is Iran has not been an aggressor in a war for quite some time..and does have a list of legimate beefs.

And they did try to become more of a moderate state with the election of Khatami. Attempts to normalize relations were rebuffed by the Clinton adminstration and continued on through the Bush administration.

Which brings us to now. Iran watched two huge countries get rolled by the United States. They are nervous and should be.

You pile up questions faster than anyone can answer them, nice tactic, how about you step up and address some of the shit you through around.

Lets start by seeing if you can name Iran's beefs, no link please, your informed on the subject so just tell us what you know.

Go through the thread.

Refugees, maybe you could explain why Iraqis should be relocated clearly to the other side of the globe?

Because we invaded their country, knocked over their government, destoryed their infrastructure, disbanded their military and caused civil unrest...for a reason that amounts to a war crime.

That's why.

Tell us about those "Arab" Iranians.:clap2::clap2::clap2::eusa_liar:

:) None of our Iranian friends or colleagues or one Iranian boss I had considered themselves Arabs. :)

The Iranians are delightful people though. Never met one yet that I didn't find likable. Of course I never met any of their radical leadership so that might have turned out differently.

Sallow knows less than zero about Iranians, if he tried to call an actual Iranian an Arab they would knock out his fucking teeth, he lost all credibility when he said that and he didn't have that much to begin with.

yeah, unless he was talking to an arabian iranian.

:) None of our Iranian friends or colleagues or one Iranian boss I had considered themselves Arabs. :)

The Iranians are delightful people though. Never met one yet that I didn't find likable. Of course I never met any of their radical leadership so that might have turned out differently.

Sallow knows less than zero about Iranians, if he tried to call an actual Iranian an Arab they would knock out his fucking teeth, he lost all credibility when he said that and he didn't have that much to begin with.

Wouldn't happen if you were talking to one either. Unlike the poster..I've interacted with both in real life. You make that mistake with an Iranian..they politely correct you. Either way.

This guy saw a wiki page or another post..and now he's an expert. I've really been in the Middle East. And heck..I don't claim to be an expert on any of it.

Wouldn't happen if you were talking to one either. Unlike the poster..I've interacted with both in real life. You make that mistake with an Iranian..they politely correct you. Either way.

This guy saw a wiki page or another post..and now he's an expert. I've really been in the Middle East. And heck..I don't claim to be an expert on any of it.

yeah, i travelled iran. and saw arabs. and turks. and afghans. many many afghans.

:eek::eek:

Please, according to you Iran is an Arabian country so you have no credibility here, don't try and lie and claim you have been to the Middle East when you haven't even left the State that you live in.:eek:

yeah, i travelled iran. and saw arabs. and turks. and afghans. many many afghans.

Yeah and? there are Persians, Arabs and Afghans living here as well, they are minorities in Iran. There are black people living in Iran as well, doesn't mean it is a Black country.

:eek::eek:

Please, according to you Iran is an Arabian country so you have no credibility here, don't try and lie and claim you have been to the Middle East when you haven't even left the State that you live in.:eek:

:lol:

Yeah and? there are Persians, Arabs and Afghans living here as well, they are minorities in Iran. There are black people living in Iran as well, doesn't mean it is a Black country.

persians are a minority in iran?

Tell ya what High_Gravity. I am going to Mumbai in May 2011. If you are up for it..we can meet for a couple of brews in Leopold's Cafe..

Mumbai Hangouts - 6 Popular Mumbai Hangouts with Cheap Beer

Lemme know. Just don't get to belligerent when you get drunk...:lol:

Do they sell malt liquor in Mumbai?

Dunno..this is going to be a first for me. Never been to India. Check out the link..:booze:

And my girlfriend is getting a little nutty over it. No wimmen allowed..:lol:

"The last American soldier will leave Iraq" as agreed, he said, speaking at his office in a leafy section of Baghdad's protected Green Zone. "This agreement is not subject to extension, not subject to alteration. It is sealed."

More at link
Iraqi Prime Minister Says U.S. Forces Must Leave On Time - WSJ.com

Say hello to Iran.

Trillions of taxpayer dollars thrown away, the loss of American influence and stature all over the world, countless of innocent people dead .. including tens of thousands of dead and wounded American soldiers .. all to hand Iraq to Iran like a wonderful Christmas present.

huh?

How does your ludacrous leap of logic go from US Troops leaving a pacified Iraq to Iraq becomming part of Iran?

Forum List

Back