Iraq for Sale

Discussion in 'Iraq' started by newpolitics, Jan 18, 2011.

1. newpolitics

newpolitics vegan atheist indy

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +283
    Below are a few clips from "Iraq for Sale," a documentary about the corporate abuses by Halliburton/KBR in Iraq. I am curious to read everyone's responses.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeIxHQ-lkuM&feature=channel[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_z640nK_Wvw&feature=channel[/ame]

Here is the full movie, if you are curious to watch it. It is 1:15 long.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2014
  2. shintao

shintao Take Down ~ Tap Out

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +339
    There should be no private contractors working for the military. Nada............

3. Mr. Jones

Mr. Jones Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +161
    It's a fucking disgrace, especially when people still back the damned traitors who LIED about the reasons for these wars. I've said it time and again, these criminals who lied about 9-11 so this shit can happen, don't give a fuck about you or the nation. Connect the damned dots already it's as fucking obvious as the nose on your faces. Quit voting for anyone who let this happen on their watch, quit voting for anyone in the corrupt 2 party system, quit trying to deny all of this has happened to your nation and your government has been taken over by criminals and looted the shit out of it!

4. newpolitics

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +283
    I just don't understand those who stick up for the corporations and the people in our government. Watch films this like, and you realize the truth. The corporations sell themselves as being virtuous, and since we are little we are indoctrinated not to 'upset the herd,' not to be a dissentist, to go along, blindly... to be a consumer. Well, only when people realize what is going on, do they get out of that mindset. This was one of the more shocking films I have ever seen. Worse than this, is "Earthlings," a truly lifechanging film that takes you into corporate slaghterhouses and factory farms with undercover camers. The footage is so upsetting that it causes many to go vegan, because the torture that these innocent animals go through before their death, is unbearable. It caused me to cry, and has changed my life forever. I can no longer buy meats from these places. I can only go organic, dairy and meats, and so many everybody to stifle the demand to change the market to allow only for humane treatment of animals. There is also Spywar: battefied of the man, about the corporate advertising scheme to keep us occupied, entertained, and distracted while they are doing terrible things to all of us, performing back room deals with government, passing legislation simply to increase their power, and people in government are making profits. Also, there is Food, Inc, and Zeitgeist.

Everyone needs to wake up, to stop themselves from being implicit in this system because of their ignorance. Stop buying from bad companies. Purchase wisely... these kinds of things. Then there are the commodities corporations who control things that are never out of demand: grains, oil, and the like... and there lie the worst atrocities. It is all a massive scheme to keep us, the masses ignorant. I just wish everyone would stop being self-righteous about preserving the status quo, and be willing to see the truth that is going on behind the scenes of this production our government and the corporations have put on for us to keep us distracted and happy.

Thanks for you posts, you two. I agree with you both %100. Spread the word.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2011
  5. LibocalypseNow

LibocalypseNow Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,357
    Every nation is for sale. Why would Iraq be different? Time to grow up and stop being so naive. The nation you currently reside in is up for sale everyday. Take your naive blinders off and really see the World. Iraq is just a small spoke in the all-encompassing Global Economy wheel. They're not unique or different in any way. Seriously,it's true.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2011
  6. newpolitics

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +283
    Have you watched the film? Or are you responding on something when you have absolutely no idea what you are responding to? That is what is sounds like. You're response makes no sense. Watch the film, please, and then you will be better able to make a more relevant comment. As it is, I am not going to respond to your post directly, but it is nonsensical.

7. Flopper

Flopper Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,284
    And the right wing continues to insist that the private sector can always do a better job than government.

8. newpolitics

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +283
    It was the government, the right wing government, Cheney namely, that gave Halliburton and others these no-bid contracts at cost-plus, lending itself to corruption, and I am sure cheney made a fortune, since he was the old CEO of Halliburton. This was no accident. They all just wanted to make a buck in Iraq, just like every other war. that's the only reason we go to war. They sell us a lie about terrorism and Al-queda. We buy it, they make a billion dollars off of our tax money, and we call them patriots. It's insane. This world, this country is so fucked up.

9. Zander

Zander Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,867
    It was BUSH!! It was Cheney!!! It was Haliburton!!! It's a Con...CONSP, CONSPI. CONSPIR.,,

[​IMG]

You people need to get a life. Seriously.

10. JBeukema

JBeukema BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,705
    It's called capitalism. It's our soldiers are fighting for. That and liberty. If you don't like it, take your pink commie liberal progressive America-hating ass to cuba.

If the solders don't like it, they can buy their water from someone else. It's called the free market.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2011